• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

My Ukraine Twitter Experience.

Juin

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

I am not a hot fan of Twitter. As a matter of fact, I have assiduously avoided Twitter. Twitter's treatment of Trump never sat well with me. As a certified Trumpist I could not see myself patronising a setup dedicated to the destruction of Trumpism.

But with the outbreak of hostilities I broke my boycott of Twitter. The Russo Ukrainian war has been frustrating in many ways. There are not as many western journalists on the ground there as say in the Iraqi war. So news is sparse. But Twitter have lots of stuff from Joes on the ground there.

But Twitter does not appear to filter the contributions by language. You get everything: in English, French, Ukrainian, Greek, Russian, whatever. I am fine with the English, French and Spanish contributions. Not all that good with Spanish, but can figure it just fine. Then the Italians pop, I kind of vaguely get it. Then the Portuguese pop up, which I just vaguely get, if at all. Then the Ukrainians pop up, which I dont get at all. Some Romanian, looks like a Latin based language.

Then the maps. Crazy. As if it is not bad enough that the names of Ukrainian localities are not unfamiliar enough, they come up in cyrillic characters!

What is your twitter experience, if any?

I am not a hot fan of Twitter. As a matter of fact, I have assiduously avoided Twitter. Twitter's treatment of Trump never sat well with me. As a certified Trumpist I could not see myself patronising a setup dedicated to the destruction of Trumpism.

But with the outbreak of hostilities I broke my boycott of Twitter. The Russo Ukrainian war has been frustrating in many ways. There are not as many western journalists on the ground there as say in the Iraqi war. So news is sparse. But Twitter have lots of stuff from Joes on the ground there.

But Twitter does not appear to filter the contributions by language. You get everything: in English, French, Ukrainian, Greek, Russian, whatever. I am fine with the English, French and Spanish contributions. Not all that good with Spanish, but can figure it just fine. Then the Italians pop, I kind of vaguely get it. Then the Portuguese pop up, which I just vaguely get, if at all. Then the Ukrainians pop up, which I dont get at all. Some Romanian, looks like a Latin based language.

Then the maps. Crazy. As if it is not bad enough that the names of Ukrainian localities are not unfamiliar enough, they come up in cyrillic characters!

I am on Twitter to stan Ariana Grande. But she left before the turn of the year. Dont know if she'll be back.
I keep track of a few bands and musicians on there other than Ari.
Thats what Twitter is to me.
Ive had my account for 11 years and dont use it much at all.

Tweety earned his Twitter ban. Now he can post on his own site.

Tweety earned his Twitter ban. Now he can post on his own site.

LOL Funny thing is I am boycotting Trump's site as well. My position is more accurately Trumpism without Trump

LOL Funny thing is I am boycotting Trump's site as well. My position is more accurately Trumpism without Trump
I'm excited for you.

So more like directionless stupidity, then.

Well, I hope that's not true. No snark intended.

Snark or not, no is ever excited for me. At least none that I am aware of

Thoughts and prayers.

My experience with Twitter is that it is a spectacular resource for checking whether the rumble I just heard or felt was a Bay Area earthquake or someone downstairs dropping something very heavy.

I hate Twitter. The site is actually cancer and seems practically designed to encourage bad opinions. I have made a point of not having a Twitter account until now. The one thing Twitter has any use for is following events in a very up to date way.

I will be deleting my account upon the end of this conflict.

Back
Top Bottom