• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

My Thoughts on the Impeachment

And that post started so well.... šŸ˜’

Yes, it's credible. The House knows what he did. We all know what he did. The House of Representatives ITSELF was attacked. There was no need for months of research. What more evidence did they need? Do they have to wait for Trump to publish his new book, If I Incited A Coup?

Also... The decision to impeach is NOT THE TRIAL PHASE. The President is not entitled to any hearings, or any witnesses, or any Q&A, during that phase. He doesn't get jack, unless the House decides it's necessary.

I mean, really. What do you think he was going to do? Deny that the Capitol was attacked? Deny that he gave a speech right before the attack? Deny that he spent months telling his followers that if he isn't re-elected, then America will be destroyed? C'mon.

Or, they're rushing because they want the autocratic malignant narcissist, who barely understands that he did anything wrong, out of office before he does anything worse.

They also want to make it loud and clear that they don't want him to be able to hold office again.

If he isn't convicted in the Senate, they will probably try to boot him using the 14th Amendment.
Yep, decide guilt first, then worry about due process.

OK, but I am. Iā€™m tired of the idea of using a ā€œjust usā€ system (aka some ā€˜internal investigationā€™ process) for ā€˜handlingā€™ alleged crimes committed by government agents whether they be elected politicians or police officers. The idea that they are somehow above (immune from?) being treated (handled?) by the criminal justice system is ridiculous.
You can be tired of it, but that's the law. The Constitution defines a political process for removing a President from office. It is what it is.

You can be tired of it, but that's the law. The Constitution defines a political process for removing a President from office. It is what it is.

That makes little difference since Trump will no longer be POTUS as of next week. BTW, the (oh so urgently passed?) articles of impeachment remain sitting in the House.

I know. What BS. Hurry up so we can wait.

Thatā€™s politics. Pelosi has (only?) one thing that all demorats can agree on: orange man is evil. Once that is ā€˜off the tableā€™ then itā€™s game on between the far left and the moderates within the demorat herd to find (define?) a new priority one ā€œissueā€ to address.

Thatā€™s politics. Pelosi has (only?) one thing that all demorats can agree on: orange man is evil. Once that is ā€˜off the tableā€™ then itā€™s game on between the far left and the moderates within the demorat herd to find (define?) a new priority one ā€œissueā€ to address.
Actually, their strategy seems to be to bracket Biden's first 100 days. An active impeachment/trial of Trump will dominate the headlines, so they want the former done before day 1 and the latter after Joe's honeymoon period.

Correction:

Orange man criminal.

Is there some reason you don't want to punish criminals?

Back
Top Bottom