• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

my thought on gay marriage

satinloveslibs said:
So how can you call yourself a Republican ir you're inmoral?

:lamo :rofl :rofl :lamo

lol I LOVE THIS! Now hear this! Republicans are now the guardians of the light, truth and christainity. I can see Jesus, not riding a donkey, but an elephant lol! You yanks really crack me up sometimes.

I can think of lots of Republicans that are immoral, Democrats too. Or do you think Republicans do no wrong? Conservatives, liberals, we are all human.

It is your sort of rhetoric that scares me.

GarzaUK said:
:lamo :rofl :rofl :lamo

It is your sort of rhetoric that scares me.

You can say that again, Garza.

Pacridge said:
Welcome to Debate Politics!

Where do you find your reasoning that homosexuality is a sin?
And when he/she finds that, maybe he/she can point out where judging others is NOT a sin.

Pacridge said:
Welcome to Debate Politics!

Where do you find your reasoning that homosexuality is a sin?

1st Corinthians 6:9 says that homosexuals can not go to heaven

satinloveslibs said:
No it doesn't:

But rather brother goes to court against brother, and that before unbelievers?
Now indeed (then) it is, in any case, a failure on your part that you have lawsuits against one another. Why not rather put up with injustice? Why not rather let yourselves be cheated?
Instead, you inflict injustice and cheat, and this to brothers.
2 3 Do you not know that the unjust will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators nor idolaters nor adulterers nor boy prostitutes nor sodomites
I'm assuming you're referring to the Sodomolicious part of that. Of course, the sin of Sodom (and Gomorrah and the other two ignored cities) was hospitality, or the lack there of. Living in the desert community, that was definitely the most egregious of errors.

And if you don't like that rationale, what about John 10:28 that says:
"I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of My hand."
Leaving that only the one unforgivable sin, not accepting Jesus into your hearts*, is the only one that will bar you from heaven.

*From Mark 3:22-30 and Matthew 12:31-32.

satinloveslibs said:

Not true. It's the largest gay club in London and it's open to homosexuals every night (Under The Arches - Embankment or Charing Cross tube stations). Fab music, drinks abit pricey and a nice ambiance for gays and straights to mix.

Satinloveballs - the bible's just a story, OK.
I once read that Alice went to Wonderland, but I ain't daft enough to think it's true.

1st Corinthians 6:9 is the only verse in the New Testament against gays, but some say no it's not.

So it's not in the gospels, so then Jesus Christ didn't speak out against homosexuality - quite interesting. The more a read the bible, the more I like Jesus, I don't beleive he was the son of God - but he was a wise man, pretty liberal for his time and he got killed for it.

Personally I think this gay is a sin thing, is a cover for the homophobia in society. I don't know about the US, but in the UK homophobia is dying slowly, my generation is used to people being gay.

Urethra Franklin said:
Not true. It's the largest gay club in London and it's open to homosexuals every night (Under The Arches - Embankment or Charing Cross tube stations).

Oh, you've been too?

So do tell, lovely but mysterious Urethra - are you a poof or a fag hag? :confused:

shuamort said:
No it doesn't:

I'm assuming you're referring to the Sodomolicious part of that. Of course, the sin of Sodom (and Gomorrah and the other two ignored cities) was hospitality, or the lack there of. Living in the desert community, that was definitely the most egregious of errors.

And if you don't like that rationale, what about John 10:28 that says:
Leaving that only the one unforgivable sin, not accepting Jesus into your hearts*, is the only one that will bar you from heaven.

*From Mark 3:22-30 and Matthew 12:31-32.

Well just about every Bible ever printed has some variations. The Bible my father gave me as a child reads:

"1st Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,"

It doesn't say anything about sodomy. But I think you've hit on a key point. So many people these days want to cherry pick the Bible so it tells them what they want it to, while disregarding verses that don't. All the talk about not judging and showing love for one another and being charitable seems to get overlooked. But a few passages in the Old Testament and one in the New Testament that may reference gays gets printed in bold.

Naughty Nurse said:
Oh, you've been too?

So do tell, lovely but mysterious Urethra - are you a poof or a fag hag? :confused:

I'm amazed. Half this forum thinks I'm a straight woman and the other half thinks I'm a gay man.
Well, I'm bisexual for starters.
Male or female? Let's maintain the mystery by saying you should continue to judge me on my posts, not by whether or not I have a penis or a *****.

Urethra Franklin said:
I'm amazed. Half this forum thinks I'm a straight woman and the other half thinks I'm a gay man.
Well, I'm bisexual for starters.
Male or female? Let's maintain the mystery by saying you should continue to judge me on my posts, not by whether or not I have a penis or a *****.

I may have, in past posts, made reference to your gender. I was merely trying not to offend you by referring to you as "she" or "he." I truly wasn't meaning to offend you by my comments. In fact, in my clumsy American manner I was attempting to make sure I didn't offend you.

Pacridge said:
I may have, in past posts, made reference to your gender. I was merely trying not to offend you by referring to you as "she" or "he." I truly wasn't meaning to offend you by my comments. In fact, in my clumsy American manner I was attempting to make sure I didn't offend you.

Oh, I don't think for one moment you've offended our dear Urethra. He/she/it appears to have the skin of a rhinocerus! In reality he's probably a sad little man who can't get his leg over and is trying to create an air of sensual mystery!

You may correct me if I'm wrong, Urethra! :cool:

Pacridge said:

You didn't offend me honey, that's virtually impossible, but it's sweet of you to have thought of it.

CSA_TX said:
In my opinion as long as both women are good looking and I'm allowed to watch I see nothing wrong with it. :-o
Would you like to watch two guys at it though?

GarzaUK said:
1st Corinthians 6:9 is the only verse in the New Testament against gays, but some say no it's not.

So it's not in the gospels, so then Jesus Christ didn't speak out against homosexuality - quite interesting. The more a read the bible, the more I like Jesus, I don't beleive he was the son of God - but he was a wise man, pretty liberal for his time and he got killed for it.

Personally I think this gay is a sin thing, is a cover for the homophobia in society. I don't know about the US, but in the UK homophobia is dying slowly, my generation is used to people being gay.
Homophobia in more cosmopolitan areas of the UK is indeed waning.
In Wales where I live it is still widespread and vicious.Bigotry of all sorts is rife here.I spent some months in London back in 96 and people there were just too busy getting on with their own lives to care what your sexuallity was.
I have to pretend that my partner of 9 yrs is my brother,we would be driven from our home if we were honest.

Last edited:
Andrew Shprt said:
Homophobia in more cosmopolitan areas of the UK is indeed waning.
In Wales where I live it is still widespread and vicious.Bigotry of all sorts is rife here.I spent some months in London back in 96 and people there were just too busy getting on with their own lives to care what your sexuallity was.
I have to pretend that my partner of 9 yrs is my brother,we would be driven from our home if we were honest.

First of all Welcome to the website, always nice to meet someone more close to home. I live in a city that is just turning cosmopolitan since the end of terrorism - Belfast. Strangely Belfast is quite tolerant of homosexuality and I don't really know why.
Yeah I agree that bigotry is rife in parts of the UK, Scotland especially dislikes homosexuals, so my friend says (he studies there).
But I think as the new generations are now growing up, it is fading away -albeit slowly. In the next 10 years I expect homosexuals will be allowed to marry.
Yeah Wales is notorious for it - gay Daffafth (I can't write Welsh lol), the only gay in the village.

GarzaUK said:
First of all Welcome to the website, always nice to meet someone more close to home. I live in a city that is just turning cosmopolitan since the end of terrorism - Belfast. Strangely Belfast is quite tolerant of homosexuality and I don't really know why.
Yeah I agree that bigotry is rife in parts of the UK, Scotland especially dislikes homosexuals, so my friend says (he studies there).
But I think as the new generations are now growing up, it is fading away -albeit slowly. In the next 10 years I expect homosexuals will be allowed to marry.
Yeah Wales is notorious for it - gay Daffafth (I can't write Welsh lol), the only gay in the village.
Thanks,
You have surprised me about Belfast,I would have thought it was quite narrow minded there.I have seen a slight improvement in recent years,women are usually fine with it.It's these "chav"types in gangs you've really got to watch out for.
The rugby boys are generally homophobic,but I reckon many of them are closet cases.I think old Dafydd is funny,he's certainly put LLandewibrefi on the map,maybe I should move there.
You know the saying,those with the most to say have usually got the most to hide!

Back
Top Bottom