• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

My television is racist!

Ug make hammer

Dawn Sky Miner
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
So I have this television. I bought it second hand.

Now mostly I'm happy with it. It's freed up my better but smaller TV to use as a second monitor. However the color balance is bad and it renders yellowish skin without enough contrast. Chairman Xi looks normal (ie, sickly) but the TV presenters of Asian background look ... flat. Posterized even.

So I fiddled with the color settings. I've managed to make healthy Asian faces look acceptable, but now pale white skin looks burned-out (insufficient color gamma) and black faces look ... black. Like a black blob with skin sheen highlights.

I really should put my hand in my pocket for a new TV. Instead of which I'm complaining MY TV IS RACIST!

Perhaps you can sue the TV company and get reparation's 😜

Perhaps you can sue the TV company and get reparation's 😜

You think I can sue on behalf of all white people, black people, red and yellow skinned people?

Second Hand TV , is close to an Oxymoron .

If you buy a pig in a poke do not be surprised when it goes , Oink .

Since you bring it up, Peppa Pig is the right color. Perhaps my second-hand TV discriminates against humans?

I'll just get up some Simpsons to test the theory ...

Now mostly I'm happy with it. It's freed up my better but smaller TV to use as a second monitor. However the color balance is bad and it renders yellowish skin without enough contrast. Chairman Xi looks normal (ie, sickly) but the TV presenters of Asian background look ... flat. Posterized even.

So I fiddled with the color settings. I've managed to make healthy Asian faces look acceptable, but now pale white skin looks burned-out (insufficient color gamma) and black faces look ... black. Like a black blob with skin sheen highlights.

I really should put my hand in my pocket for a new TV. Instead of which I'm complaining MY TV IS RACIST!
In this day and age, I wouldn't be surprised if one of your more extreme CRT-indoctrinated SJW friends publicly accused you of racism and "white supremacy" merely for owning such a TV, and not discarding it quickly enough. I'm only half-joking here. That's how reactionary and irrational it's become(with encouragement and applause from the media).

In this day and age, I wouldn't be surprised if one of your more extreme CRT-indoctrinated SJW friends publicly accused you of racism and "white supremacy" merely for owning such a TV, and not discarding it quickly enough. I'm only half-joking here. That's how reactionary and irrational it's become(with encouragement and applause from the media).
Right wingers making up their own extreme garbage and blaming liberals for it. Cute.

Right wingers making up their own extreme garbage and blaming liberals for it. Cute.
Nope, only pointing out that the left are constantly throwing around the race card and making hateful, false accusations of "Naziism" and "white supremacy". That's no conspiracy, it's an obvious fact. Traditional liberals practically never used to call people Nazis, but as the liberals have been sidelined and replaced by Marxists, it's common for them to do it.

Nope, only pointing out that the left are constantly throwing around the race card and making hateful, false accusations of "Naziism" and "white supremacy". That's no conspiracy, it's an obvious fact. Traditional liberals practically never used to call people Nazis, but as the liberals have been sidelined and replaced by Marxists, it's common for them to do it.
"Don't call people nazis!"
"Liberals are Marxists!"

LOL

That, and you can buy a brand new 32-36" flat screen for like $100. Walmart now has 60" - 70" TV's for around $459 to $550.

"Don't call people nazis!"
"Liberals are Marxists!"

LOL
BLM and AOC, and the Squad, and many modern leftists are Marxists. CRT is cultural Marxism. The strategy of labeling your opposition "Nazis" is a Marxist strategy. The "white fragility" and "equity agenda" is based in Marxism. So , yes.

BLM and AOC, and the Squad, and many modern leftists are Marxists. CRT is cultural Marxism. The strategy of labeling your opposition "Nazis" is a Marxist strategy. So, yes.
"Cultural Marxism" is a hilarious phrase. I would love for you to define "Cultural Marxism" in your own words and give an example. It will be entertaining.

Labeling your opposition "Marxist" is Nazi strategy.

BLM and AOC, and the Squad, and many modern leftists are Marxists. CRT is cultural Marxism. The strategy of labeling your opposition "Nazis" is a Marxist strategy. The "white fragility" and "equity agenda" is based in Marxism. So , yes.
That sounds like a bunch of 'let's throw buzz words out instead of an actual argument'. It's trying to appeal to emotion and fear rather than actually provide useful information and dialogue

Buddy, you don't know what you're talking about. I've had more CRT's than you've had devices, and not one of them was racist like this television I'm talking about.

Moderator's Warning:
This is not a political thread; those who insist on making it one will find themselves on the outside looking in.

You know who you are. Knock it off.

Is it on 'vivid' setting or some other "strange" setting?

Back
Top Bottom