• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

My take on the abortion issue.

hey hey hey Navy Pride, imnew here,looked at ur replies, nice :mrgreen: , anyways, sadly, no one can say anything FOR them,but that doesnt mean you cant try to save them so you can hear them speak for themselves

Gandhi>Bush said:
I'm not saying that the woman should not have had sex. I'm saying that BOTH OF THE PARENTS should have been more cautious.

Getting an abortion is fairly irresponsible and reckless with another human beings life. If you're not ready to have a child, take precautions before sex.

That just isn't a fact of life. In reality, people have unprotected sex and women become unwantingly pregnant. This makes abortion necessary. It would be great if everyone was more precautious, but it does not happen. I would rather have been aborted then be an unwanted child. What kind of life is that?

Navy Pride said:
Its called taking responsibility for your actions when you were irresponsible and used no protection when you engaged in sex............

It seems to me that the pro abortion people in this forum are all for the rights of the irresponsible.......My question is who speaks for the innocent unborn baby in the womb?
Honestly, you seem to be speaking for the fetuses. I speak for myself.

alex said:
That just isn't a fact of life. In reality, people have unprotected sex and women become unwantingly pregnant. This makes abortion necessary.

No it makes education necessary. It makes responsibility necessary. Not, "Oops, I'm an idiot. Doctor make it go away." Like it's some sort of tumor that happened out of the blue. You chose to have sex. Choose to be responsible.

It would be great if everyone was more precautious, but it does not happen. I would rather have been aborted then be an unwanted child. What kind of life is that?

Adoption. I promise that there is someone in this world that wants you. Would you really rather have never lived at all? That's sad.

Gandhi>Bush said:
Adoption. I promise that there is someone in this world that wants you. Would you really rather have never lived at all? That's sad.
Well, if that were true, there wouldn't be over half a million children in foster care.

shuamort said:
Well, if that were true, there wouldn't be over half a million children in foster care.

Again as I already stated it is tragic that there are children not getting adopted but that has nothing to do with newborns who there are long waiting lists to adopt.........

Gandhi>Bush said:
No it makes education necessary. It makes responsibility necessary. Not, "Oops, I'm an idiot. Doctor make it go away." Like it's some sort of tumor that happened out of the blue. You chose to have sex. Choose to be responsible.

No amount of education will prevent all people from having sex the way they want to. That is unrealistic.

Gandhi>Bush said:

I have already addressed this issue and proven that there are not enough adoptions to cover the unwanted children. See posts #5 and #24 in this thread.

alex said:
No amount of education will prevent all people from having sex the way they want to. That is unrealistic.

How is that unrealistic? If people want to have unprotected sex, they're aware of the possible consequences. They should accept them.

I have already addressed this issue and proven that there are not enough adoptions to cover the unwanted children. See posts #5 and #24 in this thread.

That information was quite interesting. Do you really think that the children in foster care and the children that aren't adopted would rather be dead?

better to have lived and died than to never have lived at all..... thats what i say... o PLEASE.... u say no one has protected sex so lets kill the thing WE CREATED!?!!?!? To dream, hunger, want, become excited, sad, to love, to hate, to cherish, and to be disquisted with! to talk, to hug, to debate, to have fun, to have stress, to work, to make money, to lose money, TO LIVE! IM PRETTY SURE a human being would rather experience all of these things than to just POP.... die....

Gandhi>Bush said:
How is that unrealistic? If people want to have unprotected sex, they're aware of the possible consequences. They should accept them.

That information was quite interesting. Do you really think that the children in foster care and the children that aren't adopted would rather be dead?

It is unrealistic to expect everyone who does not want to be pregnant to have protected sex. It will not happen. The fact that there are so many unwanted children every year is proof of that. Prove that it is possible to have everyone who does not want children to have protected sex. To believe that it is possible without anything to back it up is an empty belief.

I never said that children in foster care or children that aren't adopted would rather be dead. I said that I would rather have been aborted than be unwanted. That is stretching the point of my post so that the real meaning behind it can be avoided. There are not enough people seeking adoptions to take all the unwanted children.

alex said:
It is unrealistic to expect everyone who does not want to be pregnant to have protected sex. It will not happen. The fact that there are so many unwanted children every year is proof of that. Prove that it is possible to have everyone who does not want children to have protected sex. To believe that it is possible without anything to back it up is an empty belief.

Educated people = responsible people. Responsible people = make good choices. Irresponsible people = Deal with it.

I never said that children in foster care or children that aren't adopted would rather be dead.

SO MAYBE, PERHAPS THEY WANT TO BE ALIVE.

I said that I would rather have been aborted than be unwanted. That is stretching the point of my post so that the real meaning behind it can be avoided. There are not enough people seeking adoptions to take all the unwanted children.

We could find a way to take care of these children. There is too much human potential in just one of them to say, "Well, mommy and daddy weren't very bright, so you don't get to live."

Odds against them or not, they deserve a chance.

Just b/c someone screws up and becomes irresponsible and just plain STUPID, doesnt mean they have the RIGHT to kill a potential human, with its own DNA(science proves that most of the baby's "makup" in what it will become is done at conception (genetics ect.)) a personality and other. You say that not everyone will protect themselves... well, if more people listen, thats atleast a start, making the chances for an abortion less, and strengthning the argument of adopting instead of aborting.

Well, people do have the right to kill other people. Self defense and soldiers during wartime are just a few examples. What if mothers used self defense as a reason for abortion? They truly felt the fetus intended to harm them and decided abortion was the only way to ensure their survival? And I'm not talking about health risks. I'm talking about a woman who feels her fetus is trying to kill her. The fetus is like a burglar who breaks into her home in the middle of the night intent on strangling her to death.

ShamMol said:
Honestly, you seem to be speaking for the fetuses. I speak for myself.

Why are you afriad to call it a baby? When you found out you were pregnant did you tell everyone I am going to have a fetus?

petrsykora39 said:
Well, people do have the right to kill other people. Self defense and soldiers during wartime are just a few examples. What if mothers used self defense as a reason for abortion? They truly felt the fetus intended to harm them and decided abortion was the only way to ensure their survival? And I'm not talking about health risks. I'm talking about a woman who feels her fetus is trying to kill her. The fetus is like a burglar who breaks into her home in the middle of the night intent on strangling her to death.
considering a fetus is INSIDE the mother's uterus, and considering unless its the anti-christ like from the OMEN or something.... it wont have the inteligence on what death is,or what killing is, and wont know about strangling, a fetus couldnt possibly strangle a mother.... and why would it,even if possible,try to kill her... thats also suicide lol

galenrox said:
Ah ha, but a flaw in your logic, because going to refers to the future, thus saying I'm going to have a baby would imply that the baby is not yet here, but will be at some point, so thus using those semantics would imply that a fetus is in fact not a baby, so yeah.................BOO YAH!

it seems u were trying to find some flaw in his logic for years, calm down :mrgreen: , just breate slowly :cool:

Navy Pride said:
Again as I already stated it is tragic that there are children not getting adopted but that has nothing to do with newborns who there are long waiting lists to adopt.........
But you have been saying that all these fetuses would be adopted. Not true?

acctually, for every abortion, there are 10 families wanting to adopt a newborn baby, the problem is most of them dont go through with it and sign up on the waiting list. besides, many women who abort children later in life show deep depression, and many women who abort and then later have a child mourn for the aborted child. So i guess abortion isnt all positive in the long term for the woman, now is it?

Provita said:
besides, many women who abort children later in life show deep depression, and many women who abort and then later have a child mourn for the aborted child.
How many women who give their child up for adoption feel the same deep depression?

shuamort said:
How many women who give their child up for adoption feel the same deep depression?

depends, with an open adoption... alot less.... closed adoption... hell, atleast less than knowing the killed it, the mother would atleast feel as if the adopted is with a good family somewhere nice

Provita said:
depends, with an open adoption... alot less.... closed adoption... hell, atleast less than knowing the killed it, the mother would atleast feel as if the adopted is with a good family somewhere nice
Do you have any facts and cites to support that position?

Provita said:
acctually, for every abortion, there are 10 families wanting to adopt a newborn baby, the problem is most of them dont go through with it and sign up on the waiting list. besides, many women who abort children later in life show deep depression, and many women who abort and then later have a child mourn for the aborted child. So i guess abortion isnt all positive in the long term for the woman, now is it?

This was proven wrong. See posts #5 and #24. Provide a source for your information please.

alex said:
It could be said that abortion is taking responsibility for one's actions. Knowing a woman is not ready to have a child and accepting abortion as the way to do it is being responsible. To say that a woman should have thought about that before she had sex does not work. Sex is a human necessity.
Lots of things, "could be said". One thing that is incontrovertible, however, is that abortion stills a beating heart by killing the child.

Regardless of the reasoning, how can killing a child every be referred to as a responsible act?

Fantasea said:
Lots of things, "could be said". One thing that is incontrovertible, however, is that abortion stills a beating heart by killing the child.

Regardless of the reasoning, how can killing a child every be referred to as a responsible act?

As already stated, because the mother realizes she is not ready to become a parent. Instead of giving birth to an unwanted child, she aborts it. Knowing that the child will be born and not given the love or things that it needs is not an acceptable option for the woman.

alex said:
As already stated, because the mother realizes she is not ready to become a parent. Instead of giving birth to an unwanted child, she aborts it. Knowing that the child will be born and not given the love or things that it needs is not an acceptable option for the woman.

And adoption is ruled out?

Back
Top Bottom