• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

My Take on Philadelphia Eagles WR racial slur (Riley Cooper)

thinkforyoursel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
In my view this kid should be allowed to get in the locker room with his team mates ...say he's sorry and go play ball...the end.

They have big body and big muscles ...but they are still young ...and when you mix liquor with that ...sometimes these things happen. What I'm saying here is that they should accord to this guy some leiniency consider those factors. This is why I find the killing of TM so troubling .... the idea that the kid said ..."creepy cracker" ..and that means he should be killed ...is so barbaric in my view.

In addition, people like this Paula Deen I think it was appropriate to let her go ....the idea that she's old and this was how it was "back-in-the-day" is bull crap in my view. In a similar way when they took down Don Imus ..I think that was also appropriate because those people ..with sober minds sit down and plan their race baiting shows to profit from it. No accident in my mind.

But while on this issue one of the dumbest arguments I keep hear coming from white people ...mainly older white males is that fact that ...because black people use the "N" word towards each other and in their music they are bothered and also need to use it. I've seen that word used between blacks and non-blacks ..mainly teenagers. By the time these people get in their mid twenties those words often disappear from their vocabulary. Also ..it is used among friends ...a 19 year old black youth would be offended if an older black man use that word to him ....or another black youth he does not know.

This is why I find it incredible irritating that white people are so "troubled" ...by this. And the double-down on their angst as if they refuse to understand.

Go out there and ask a 30 to 50 year old black man ...if he's deeply ...deeply troubled not being able to use that word towards another black man! Because I can tell you black adults in the far majority of working households ....don't use that word.

But I think the NFL should cut Riley cooper some slack ...especially when that organization keep hanging on to a team label ..."The Redskins" ..I mean who are we kidding here?

Last edited:
What about people like al shorpton and shelia Jackson lee they both use the c slur on a frequent basics and no one cares but if their white counterparts used the N word they would be out of a job faster than you can blink.

What about people like al shorpton and shelia Jackson lee they both use the c slur on a frequent basics and no one cares but if their white counterparts used the N word they would be out of a job faster than you can blink.

You know who best to put these people out of business? White people ....if whites stop the racism ...they would all but be ignored.

Look...America is a young country ...it's most significant historical event is slavery, and racism .....and until that ends ...Sharpton will be in business.

You know who best to put these people out of business? White people ....if whites stop the racism ...they would all but be ignored.

Look...America is a young country ...it's most significant historical event is slavery, and racism .....and until that ends ...Sharpton will be in business.
You think al sharpton actually points out real racism all I see is him running around accusing people of being racist which in itself is kind of racist. Sharpton and his ilk have long passed their usefulness and are desperatly trying to hang in to their empires.

You think al sharpton actually points out real racism all I see is him running around accusing people of being racist which in itself is kind of racist. Sharpton and his ilk have long passed their usefulness and are desperatly trying to hang in to their empires.

Oh good grief .....my thoughts when it comes to racism is bigger than Al Sharpton....stop being petty.

Look dude ....I have no doubt that racism is the birth child of slavery ....white people mastered the art of slavery and oppression in America

The institutions that still persist today to facilitate this endeavor....the institution which you benefit from! And as such ....it's clear to me who has been winning and who is still winning this fight today .....tear down Jim Crow ...and the Al Sharpton's out there will melt like snow in July.

Oh good grief .....my thoughts when it comes to racism is bigger than Al Sharpton....stop being petty.

Look dude ....I have no doubt that racism is the birth child of slavery ....white people mastered the art of slavery and oppression in America

The institutions that still persist today to facilitate this endeavor....the institution which you benefit from! And as such ....it's clear to me who has been winning and who is still winning this fight today .....tear down Jim Crow ...and the Al Sharpton's out there will melt like snow in July.

What are the institutions of racism that still exist in our society?

As I see it, the only truly racist institution in American society today is the War on Drugs, and that came into full force well after the heyday of Jim Crow...

If he would have simply said 'Niggaz' instead of 'Niggers', all would be fine and this wouldn't have even made the news.

What are the institutions of racism that still exist in our society?

As I see it, the only truly racist institution in American society today is the War on Drugs, and that came into full force well after the heyday of Jim Crow...

oh pleeze dude. I can't bother arguing this stuff with people who pretend they just landed in America.

If you're white in America your chances of success is infinitely better ....compared to being black. The only debate you'll have after this ...is with yourself 'cause I have no time for your pretense.
The end!

oh pleeze dude. I can't bother arguing this stuff with people who pretend they just landed in America.

If you're white in America your chances of success is infinitely better ....compared to being black. The only debate you'll have after this ...is with yourself 'cause I have no time for your pretense.
The end!
That's not a issue of racism that a issue of the black community in this country imploding. It's the hi percentages of fatherless households and glorification and imitation of the thug life that holds them back not some white hogenamy coluding against them.

If you're white in America your chances of success is infinitely better ....compared to being black.

And what are the racist institutions causing this?

You claimed they exist now please cite them!

You think America's most significant historical event is slavery?

:lamo

In my view this kid should be allowed to get in the locker room with his team mates ...say he's sorry and go play ball...the end.

They have big body and big muscles ...but they are still young ...and when you mix liquor with that ...sometimes these things happen. What I'm saying here is that they should accord to this guy some leiniency consider those factors. This is why I find the killing of TM so troubling .... the idea that the kid said ..."creepy cracker" ..and that means he should be killed ...is so barbaric in my view.

In addition, people like this Paula Deen I think it was appropriate to let her go ....the idea that she's old and this was how it was "back-in-the-day" is bull crap in my view. In a similar way when they took down Don Imus ..I think that was also appropriate because those people ..with sober minds sit down and plan their race baiting shows to profit from it. No accident in my mind.

But while on this issue one of the dumbest arguments I keep hear coming from white people ...mainly older white males is that fact that ...because black people use the "N" word towards each other and in their music they are bothered and also need to use it. I've seen that word used between blacks and non-blacks ..mainly teenagers. By the time these people get in their mid twenties those words often disappear from their vocabulary. Also ..it is used among friends ...a 19 year old black youth would be offended if an older black man use that word to him ....or another black youth he does not know.

This is why I find it incredible irritating that white people are so "troubled" ...by this. And the double-down on their angst as if they refuse to understand.

Go out there and ask a 30 to 50 year old black man ...if he's deeply ...deeply troubled not being able to use that word towards another black man! Because I can tell you black adults in the far majority of working households ....don't use that word.

But I think the NFL should cut Riley cooper some slack ...especially when that organization keep hanging on to a team label ..."The Redskins" ..I mean who are we kidding here?

I have one thing to say about Cooper. Alcohol is like truth serum, you lose your inhibitions and say what you really think. This has been proven time and time again. That being said, it is not up to me to decide how his team mates should react or if he should be suspended.

I have one thing to say about Cooper. Alcohol is like truth serum, you lose your inhibitions and say what you really think. This has been proven time and time again. That being said, it is not up to me to decide how his team mates should react or if he should be suspended.

We were out the other night and the topic came up. A black man in the bar that was sitting near us said it best.
Until we know what was said to him by the security officer, nothing should be done. We have a first amendment in this country and you have a right to stand up for yourself if someone threatens you.
That said, you would think by now the NFL would have classes to teach these idiots how to act in public.
I wont be surprised if he is evenually cut.

You know who best to put these
people out of business? White people ....if whites stop the racism ...they would all but be ignored.

I disagree, I would say America's most historical signifigant event was the 6 times we put a man on the moon and returned him home safely.

We were divided when slavery was legal.

The end!

So if you're Asian your chances of success should be even lower than blacks right? Because you know, Asians are minorities who don't get the Affirmative Action benefits that African Americans do?

and there's the problem..... people who think that slavery and "racism" is our most significant historical event. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom