• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

My Take on Elon Musk and Twitter

If you're working for a for-profit employer, you are an example of the product of capitalism.

And you love your job, you say.
You can thank capitalism for that.

I work as an artist, and thankfully not for an American company. I believe in a fair wage, honest work, and a quality product. Modern capitalism is an exploitative practice, where you extract wealth rather than exchange goods and services. It's precursor was slavery.

We can really get into if you want.

Turnarounds are almost always messy. IMO, it’s a mistake to judge what Must is doing, or how successful he will be doing it, this early.

That said, he does seem to be running a standard game plan. When you take over a new organization and want to (or need to) take it in a very different direction, you must find out which employees are willing to go there with you and, to whatever extent possible, jettison those who are not.

My take on Musk is that he is an impulsive egomaniac and will probably be on to the next thing when he gets bored. What will be left behind is anyone's guess.

Turnarounds are almost always messy. IMO, it’s a mistake to judge what Must is doing, or how successful he will be doing it, this early.

That said, he does seem to be running a standard game plan. When you take over a new organization and want to (or need to) take it in a very different direction, you must find out who is willing to go there with you and, to whatever extent possible, jettison those who are not.

LMAO... Give us some examples of "turnarounds" as chaotic as what Musk is doing with twitter.

LMAO... Give us some examples of "turnarounds" as chaotic as what Musk is doing with twitter.
Easy, IBM. When Gerstner took it over in the early 90s they were a complete mess and had something like three months of cash left. I recommend reading Who Says Elephants Can’t Dance.

Easy, IBM. When Gerstner took it over in the early 90s they were a complete mess and had something like three months of cash left. I recommend reading Who Says Elephants Can’t Dance.

LMAO... I worked very closely with IBM during the Gerstner turnaround... If you think what Musk is doing is anything like what Gerstner did you are delusional... LMAO... Good lord... What was the key strategy Gerstner implemented? Was it listening to the people that paid the bills?

I work as an artist, and thankfully not for an American company. I believe in a fair wage, honest work, and a quality product. Modern capitalism is an exploitative practice, where you extract wealth rather than exchange goods and services. It's precursor was slavery.

If you're selling your art - that's a form of capitalism. 🤷

Lol - you can thank capitalism for that too.

No system is perfect!
But I would prefer capitalism than any other system.

He could be a jerk. A "bigly jerk" too.

How is Ellis opinion on murdered victims have any bearing on Musk buying Twitter for entertainment?

Self-drive Tesla has been approved for downtown driving btw, from what I heard this morning on media.
Jenna Ellis promotes unhinged opinions.

C4B819D9-0633-4701-8B69-7B2D083B9D82.jpeg

My take on Musk is that he is an impulsive egomaniac and will probably be on to the next thing when he gets bored. What will be left behind is anyone's guess.

That's possible.

I mean.....we know what wealth can do - what more when you're the wealthiest man on earth.
That can play havoc to your head.

LMAO... I worked very closely with IBM during the Gerstner turnaround... If you think what Musk is doing is anything like what Gerstner did you are delusional... LMAO... Good lord... What was the key strategy Gerstner implemented? Was it listening to the people that paid the bills?
Well, maybe not exactly like it. Gerstner faced a much harder task. It’s one thing to point a single product, 7,000 person company in a new direction. It’s an entirely different matter to do that with a 100k+ person company with thousands of products and so many different regional (global) considerations. In fact, it’s not even close. If you worked with or for IBM at that time, you should know that.

So you’re okay profiting off of your skills, but you have concerns about others doing that?

That's possible.

I mean.....we know what wealth can do - what more when you're the wealthiest man on earth.
That can play havoc to your head.
-$100,000,000,000 this year. Wealthiest? Not for long, if that's even still true. Overinflated sense of self-worth? Secure for now.

Well, maybe not exactly like it. Gerstner faced a much harder task. It’s one thing to point a single product, 7,000 person company in a new direction. It’s an entirely different matter to do that with a 100k+ person company with thousands of products and so many different regional (global) considerations. In fact, it’s not even close. If you worked with or for IBM at that time, you should know that.

LOL... So what was Gerstner's strategy? To abandon the customers who paid the bills? Comparing what Musk is doing with what Gerstner did is laughable...

Jenna Ellis promotes unhinged opinions.

View attachment 67424547

How is the point going over my head when I never even heard of Ellis until you posted about her.

"PROMOTE," is a questionable word.
Allowing freedom of speech, does not necessarily mean, he promotes what is being said, or that he even agrees with it.

This forum as an example.
Just because the admin allows you to give your opinion, doesn't necessarily mean they agree with you, or are helping you promote it.
This forum has its own rules. There are limits to what we can say.
Musk has his own rules (the rule that Twitter will be lax or leave the responsibility to its user to know enough how to behave without any moderation).

"Unhinged," is relative. especially in this very divisive world of polirics we have now.
What may be "unhinged" to you, may make some sense to another.

Last edited:
LOL... So what was Gerstner's strategy? To abandon the customers who paid the bills? Comparing what Musk is doing with what Gerstner did is laughable...

So you think he didn’t successfully turn around IBM, yes?

Oh well - he must've wanted an "in" that badly.
He's got the money to buy it - he got what he wanted. 🤷

Like I said: it's his money.
True, his money. He is having quite the impact, doesn't he? Think about those who are at the receiving end of his whim.
I hope someone more humane comes up with an alternative platform and leaves him sitting there, alone, with all his wealth.

How is the point going over my head when I never even heard of Ellis until you posted about her.

"PROMOTE," is a questionable word.
Allowing freedom of speech, does not necessarily mean, he promotes what is being said, or that he even agrees with it.

"Unhinged," is relative. especially in this very divisive world of polirics we have now.
What may be "unhinged" to you, may make some sense to another.
Rest assured, some of the other members immediately understood my point.

Kudos for venturing outside your comfort zone!

So you think he didn’t successfully turn around IBM, yes?

LOL... Did he abandon the customers who paid the bills? He LISTENED to them about what they were struggling with and abandoned the vanity projects (OS/2 for example)... He turned IBM into a system integrator (brilliant for the time) and the company became much less of a hardware company and more a software and services company.

Many advertisers had pulled out, and what's the reaction of Musk? Meh.
He doesn't care at all!
In fact, he is re-installing all banned accounts next week (according to media report today).

When he gave that new mandate and ultimatum last week, which caused many of his staffs to walk out - that didn't seem to bother him at all.
In fact, I suspect, that's exactly what he had hoped would happen.

Looks to me, he bought TWITTER, not to make money off it.
He bought is as a "toy" for himself. For his own entertainment, or as his "playground."
And, at the same time - he's trying to uphold his passion for freedom of speech.

He's prepared to personally finance it that's why it doesn't matter to him that advertisers had pulled out.
There won't be any need for many staffs to monitor the site either - since there will be less censorship if, there will be any of it at all!
That's why I think, he wanted to get rid a lot of staff!

Your take?
My take is that Elon's only "passion" is self-aggrandizement. He doesn't care about "free speech". He cares about people gnashing their teeth at his trolling. The ohly difference between Elon Musk and Donald Trump is that one of them has acheived success in business and is a billionaire and the other one is Donald Trump.

True, his money. He is having quite the impact, doesn't he? Think about those who are at the receiving end of his whim.
I hope someone more humane comes up with an alternative platform and leaves him sitting there, alone, with all his wealth.

Money affects people. That's the truth of it.
Especially so when one is the wealthiest man in the world.
There has to be some psychological impact to that.
I suppose he's more paranoid than everyone in this room.

Rest assured, some of the other members immediately understood my point.

Kudos for venturing outside your comfort zone!

I've been outside Religion section on other occasions too.
My being in religion isn't a "comfort zone" for me.
It's my ministry.

LOL... Did he abandon the customers who paid the bills? He LISTENED to them about what they were struggling with and abandoned the vanity projects (OS/2 for example)... He turned IBM into a system integrator (brilliant for the time) and the company became much less of a hardware company and more a software and services company.
When someone lobs a deliberately facetious loaded question at you, we know who won the point.

Many advertisers had pulled out, and what's the reaction of Musk? Meh.
He doesn't care at all!
In fact, he is re-installing all banned accounts next week (according to media report today).

When he gave that new mandate and ultimatum last week, which caused many of his staffs to walk out - that didn't seem to bother him at all.
In fact, I suspect, that's exactly what he had hoped would happen.

Looks to me, he bought TWITTER, not to make money off it.
He bought is as a "toy" for himself. For his own entertainment, or as his "playground."
And, at the same time - he's trying to uphold his passion for freedom of speech.

He's prepared to personally finance it that's why it doesn't matter to him that advertisers had pulled out.
There won't be any need for many staffs to monitor the site either - since there will be less censorship if, there will be any of it at all!
That's why I think, he wanted to get rid a lot of staff!

Your take?
Those loans won't pay for themselves!!

He's censoring people who disagree with his politics.

He's banning and censoring people left and right. Just not the people you agree with.

My take is that Elon Musk is an idiot, a fraud, that wealth in capitalism is not attained through merit (but exploitation and worse), and that billionaires definitely shouldn't exist. No one should have enough wealth to change the course of human history, whether it's a 'liberal billionaire' (Bill Gates) or a far-right, child-like narcissist billionaire 'Elon Musk'. A single person being able to drop a dozen billion dollars on a pet project and disrupt the lives and business of many people is just stupid for a society to allow. Bill Gates devastated the education system for decades because one day he said, 'Oh, I have an idea', negatively impacting the lives of countless teachers and students.
Elon really does behave like a child. He's like the Charles Lindberg (Nazi sympathizer) of the 21st Century, just without the adult maturity.

Back
Top Bottom