• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

My Take on Elon Musk and Twitter

tosca1

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Many advertisers had pulled out, and what's the reaction of Musk? Meh.
He doesn't care at all!
In fact, he is re-installing all banned accounts next week (according to media report today).

When he gave that new mandate and ultimatum last week, which caused many of his staffs to walk out - that didn't seem to bother him at all.
In fact, I suspect, that's exactly what he had hoped would happen.

Looks to me, he bought TWITTER, not to make money off it.
He bought is as a "toy" for himself. For his own entertainment, or as his "playground."
And, at the same time - he's trying to uphold his passion for freedom of speech.

He's prepared to personally finance it that's why it doesn't matter to him that advertisers had pulled out.
There won't be any need for many staffs to monitor the site either - since there will be less censorship if, there will be any of it at all!
That's why I think, he wanted to get rid a lot of staff!

Your take?

Many advertisers had pulled out, and what's the reaction of Musk? Meh.
He doesn't care at all!
In fact, he is re-installing all banned accounts next week (according to media report today).

He's censoring people who disagree with his politics.

When he gave that new mandate and ultimatum last week, which caused many of his staffs to walk out - that didn't seem to bother him at all.
In fact, I suspect, that's exactly what he had hoped would happen.

Looks to me, he bought TWITTER, not to make money off it.
He bought is as a "toy" for himself. For his own entertainment, or as his "playground."
And, at the same time - he's trying to uphold his passion for freedom of speech.

He's banning and censoring people left and right. Just not the people you agree with.

He's prepared to personally finance it that's why it doesn't matter to him that advertisers had pulled out.
There won't be any need for many staffs to monitor the site either - since there will be less censorship if, there will be any of it at all!
That's why I think, he wanted to get rid a lot of staff!

Your take?

My take is that Elon Musk is an idiot, a fraud, that wealth in capitalism is not attained through merit (but exploitation and worse), and that billionaires definitely shouldn't exist. No one should have enough wealth to change the course of human history, whether it's a 'liberal billionaire' (Bill Gates) or a far-right, child-like narcissist billionaire 'Elon Musk'. A single person being able to drop a dozen billion dollars on a pet project and disrupt the lives and business of many people is just stupid for a society to allow. Bill Gates devastated the education system for decades because one day he said, 'Oh, I have an idea', negatively impacting the lives of countless teachers and students.

He's censoring people who disagree with his politics.

He's banning and censoring people left and right. Just not the people you agree with.

My take is that Elon Musk is an idiot, a fraud, that wealth in capitalism is not attained through merit (but exploitation and worse), and that billionaires definitely shouldn't exist. No one should have enough wealth to change the course of human history, whether it's a 'liberal billionaire' (Bill Gates) or a far-right, child-like narcissist billionaire 'Elon Musk'. A single person being able to drop a dozen billion dollars on a pet project and disrupt the lives and business of many people is just stupid for a society to allow. Bill Gates devastated the education system for decades because one day he said, 'Oh, I have an idea', negatively impacting the lives of countless teachers and students.

Oh. I didn't know that.
But, even though.
That's what I mean - Twitter was bought for his own entertainment. He's not in it to make money.
I think, he's prepared to finance it personally.
He can choose whoever he wants to be in it.

Oh. I didn't know that.
But, even though.
That's what I mean - Twitter was bought for his own entertainment. He's not in it to make money.

He's lost over 100 billion dollars in net worth because people are realizing he's not a great business man and is actually a toxic business entity. He spends all day on Twitter getting LOLs from random right-wingers. If he wants to burn the money he generated through government investment and apartheid Emerald Mine inheritance, I guess that's the story of capitalism, isn't it?

He's lost over 100 billion dollars in net worth because people are realizing he's not a great business man and is actually a toxic business entity. He spends all day on Twitter getting LOLs from random right-wingers. If he wants to burn the money he generated through government investment and apartheid Emerald Mine inheritance, I guess that's the story of capitalism, isn't it?

That's his money.
He can do whatever he wants with it. 🤷

1669381368470.png

1669381523755.png

1669381638271.png

Mr Pump-and-dump is going to destroy Twitter and Tesla, and he will have no money.

ARE YOU ON........................WELFARE?

Nope. And I love my job. What does that have to do with my point?

And speaking of welfare:

That's his problem. Isn't it?

In the meantime - why do you think he bought Twitter?
What's your take on that?
He wanted an in with the only people dumb enough to still have him. And they're lapping it up.

He wanted an in with the only people dumb enough to still have him. And they're lapping it up.

Oh well - he must've wanted an "in" that badly.
He's got the money to buy it - he got what he wanted. 🤷

Like I said: it's his money.

Like it was Elizabeth Holmes money. Ask her how that goes.

Nope. And I love my job. What does that have to do with my point?

If you're working for a for-profit employer, you are an example of the product of capitalism.

And you love your job, you say.
You can thank capitalism for that.

How are they the same?
Please explain.
Lie to investors about their product. 'Profit' personally at the expense of the investors they lied to.

Oh. I didn't know that.
But, even though.

For how long?

Lie to investors about their product. 'Profit' personally at the expense of the investors they lied to.

Is he charged?
Or - is that only in your head?

One of my friends’ portfolio included 100s of shares of Twitter. My friend enjoyed a nice profit from Musk’s buyout. That same friend flew down to Tampa from the Berkshires last week to visit me. He leased a Tesla Model 3 for two weeks. I enjoy riding around in it! Sleek. Great acceleration. Quiet ride. Leather interior. Besides a few unique features, very minimalist.

I don’t care what Elon Musk does with Twitter. I don’t see myself ever working for a company managed by Elon Musk. He has really come off as a Bigly Jerk this year.

As for the opinion expressed in the OP, I immediately thought of Jenna Ellis. I hold Jenna Ellis in detestable contempt! Read her opinion on the five murdered Colorado nightclub victims.

Incorrect... He still has shareholders and banks who loaned him money for the acquisition. About $13 billion is financed through loans to twitter, not to him personally.

Is he charged?
Who cares? He still lied, he still ripped off investors, and it is very possible he ends up in the same boat.

One of my friends’ portfolio included 100s of shares of Twitter. My friend enjoyed a nice profit from Musk’s buyout. That same friend flew down to Tampa from the Berkshires last week to visit me. He leased a Tesla Model 3 for two weeks. I enjoy riding around in it! Sleek. Great acceleration. Quiet ride. Leather interior. Besides a few unique features, very minimalist.

I don’t care what Elon Musk does with Twitter. I don’t see myself ever working for a company managed by Elon Musk. He has really come off as a Bigly Jerk this year.

As for the opinion expressed in the OP, I immediately thought of Jenna Ellis. I hold Jenna Ellis in detestable contempt! Read her opinion on the five murdered Colorado nightclub victims.

He could be a jerk. A "bigly jerk" too.

How is Ellis opinion on murdered victims have any bearing on Musk buying Twitter for entertainment?

Self-drive Tesla has been approved for downtown driving btw, from what I heard this morning on media.

Back
Top Bottom