• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

My Take On Deep Fried Chicken

Dragonfly

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
I fry chicken outside using my turkey fryer unit with a shallower pan for the oil. It's still deep frying, but not as deep. :mrgreen:

I beer batter my chicken pieces. Flour, salt, pepper, and Old Bay seasoning. Mix dry stuff together. Then pour in beer. Honestly, I don't get crazy with the quality of beer here because I don't think it matters. I usually use Yuengling.

If I'm doing just breasts I usually quarter the breast meat so each piece is a two-biter.

Deep fry them in Canola oil and holy-moly are they good. Since I've got the hot oil going I also do either beer batter onion rings or beer batter mushrooms.

This is usually done as a twice a year treat kinda thing. I've never had any complaints.

Something about the seasonings in the Old Bay go a long way towards making my family very happy when I do this.

This would be great on "Meat Free Monday".

Nope. No msg in Old Bay.

See on the ingredients where it says "spices", MSG and other things that do the same as MSG can be labeled a spice

If you will note this old bay seasoned chips has MSG even on the ingredients
oldbay2.jpg

You are making me hungry, Dragonfly.
As for the beer. Chicken and a bit of something sweet are great together. Chicken, waffles, honey i.e. So I am wondering if beer does matter. The more full bodied beer should give you a richer flavor. No?

See on the ingredients where it says "spices", MSG and other things that do the same as MSG can be labeled a spice

If you will note this old bay seasoned chips has MSG even on the ingredients
oldbay2.jpg

You don't eat it by the pound, you enhance the flavor with it.

So I am wondering if beer does matter. The more full bodied beer should give you a richer flavor. No?

Feel free to do as much research as you'd like. Post results as you go along please. :lol:

Feel free to do as much research as you'd like. Post results as you go along please. :lol:

Beer on the side or on the chicken? Or both? Results may vary.

Everybody has their own favorite fried chicken recipe or flavor. My family wants it pretty plain--dipped in salt and pepper seasoned milk or half & half or condensed milk, then rolled in salt & pepper seasoned flour, and then pan fried or deep fried to just the right perfect doneness--crispy and flavorful outside - juicy and flavorful inside. In truth, chicken fried in lard or shortening will have a superior texture and flavor to that fried in oil, but we usually do use the oil these days as somewhat healthier.

I fry chicken outside using my turkey fryer unit with a shallower pan for the oil. It's still deep frying, but not as deep. :mrgreen:

I beer batter my chicken pieces. Flour, salt, pepper, and Old Bay seasoning. Mix dry stuff together. Then pour in beer. Honestly, I don't get crazy with the quality of beer here because I don't think it matters. I usually use Yuengling.

If I'm doing just breasts I usually quarter the breast meat so each piece is a two-biter.

Deep fry them in Canola oil and holy-moly are they good. Since I've got the hot oil going I also do either beer batter onion rings or beer batter mushrooms.

This is usually done as a twice a year treat kinda thing. I've never had any complaints.

Something about the seasonings in the Old Bay go a long way towards making my family very happy when I do this.
Address?

That sounds awesome.

What's wrong with MSG???
Some people claim it gives them headaches. Don't know if that's true, or not.

Address?

That sounds awesome.

Some people claim it gives them headaches. Don't know if that's true, or not.

Something else you might like is adding some Old Bay to your tuna salad mix. (if you ever make tuna salad)
Almost tricks your brain into thinking you're eating crab salad. Almost.

Back
Top Bottom