• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

My Son Zack is Having Major Heart Surgery on Wednesday

Thank you. You missed this post.

Just got this message from my wife:

The surgeon just came out he did really good ! He was able to do the valve Zack wanted and replaced the aortahe is in the first phase of recovery and is on no medication for regulating the heart or blood pressure which the surgeon said was amazing. He will be kept on the ventilator and asleep for 4 to 6 more hours to make sure there’s no bleeding and all things are regulating properly.

Great news !!!!

All the best and praying for a speedy and full recovery.

Hope you and your wife can decompress.....you need to take care of your health too.

They woke him up for a bit, and with all the drugs, he was as lucid as a guy on a three week bender. I can joke a bit because I'm so relieved and gallows humor is a thing with Vets.

My wife and daughter-in-law were going to go back to the hospital tonight, but the staff told them he probably wouldn't even recognize them and they were both exhausted.

Again, I'm very relieved. He's doing far better than expected, even though he's not out of the woods yet.

I'd like to thank everyone who has posted in this thread. It's meant a lot to me and it's really helped. I'll continue to post updates as I get them.

God bless you all.

Thank you. You missed this post.

Just got this message from my wife:

The surgeon just came out he did really good ! He was able to do the valve Zack wanted and replaced the aortahe is in the first phase of recovery and is on no medication for regulating the heart or blood pressure which the surgeon said was amazing. He will be kept on the ventilator and asleep for 4 to 6 more hours to make sure there’s no bleeding and all things are regulating properly.
I did indeed. Hugs

Just stumbled on your post. Glad to hear your son is doing well. Many prayers for your son's recovery and you and your wife's peace of mind. It's always true that a child is always a child and his/her parents first concern. God Bless you all.

The wonders of medicine in the hands of skilled surgeons guided by the good Lord and many prayers.

They woke him up for a bit, and with all the drugs, he was as lucid as a guy on a three week bender. I can joke a bit because I'm so relieved and gallows humor is a thing with Vets.

My wife and daughter-in-law were going to go back to the hospital tonight, but the staff told them he probably wouldn't even recognize them and they were both exhausted.

Again, I'm very relieved. He's doing far better than expected, even though he's not out of the woods yet.

I'd like to thank everyone who has posted in this thread. It's meant a lot to me and it's really helped. I'll continue to post updates as I get them.

God bless you all.
I'm glad he's doing alright, thanks for the update. I hope he continues on a positive path to wellness. Will keep him and your family in my thoughts while he is recovering. 💚

Glad to hear Zack is doing OK and the surgery went well, but I never expected anything different.
He'll be up and about in no time. (y)💯

God bless you all.
Sorry to have missed this thread somehow! Glad your son is doing well after his surgery.

My wife just sent me some pictures she took earlier, before they left the hospital. My God, so many machines he's attached to and so many cords and hoses. Good lord.

I am grateful for the medical technology we have today.

Sounds like it's hard at work for your son.

Hope things continue well.

God bless you all.
He may not be 'out of the woods yet' but I'm happy with you that the report is so positive as to his condition.
May this be a long and sustained trend to full recovery!

You're the parent of a heart kid, we are parents of a heart kid.
Yours is thirty-two, ours is twenty-six. We kind of expected he'd be in trouble by his thirties but his heart began to give out ahead of schedule.
What I'm getting at is, I know how you feel and I share your worries. Ours already had three open heart surgeries before his fifth birthday.

Any prayers you need, we got 'em for you and your son. 🙏🙏🙏
Adding your son to my prayer. May God keep him in His care 🙏

My wife just sent me some pictures she took earlier, before they left the hospital. My God, so many machines he's attached to and so many cords and hoses. Good lord.
Hoping today is better!

My father had valve replacement and open heart surgery - the first day of recovery was so scary and by the next day he was up out of bed.

Hoping your son’s recovery is going just as well!

Bit of a setback. He had a fib and has a mild fever. Surgeon said about a third of patients experience this. Today was definitely a negative.

Hang in there. Listen to the doc...he'll swing back over to healing. Surgery is an invasion to the body and it sometimes tries to fight it off too.

Bit of a setback. He had a fib and has a mild fever. Surgeon said about a third of patients experience this. Today was definitely a negative.
I'm hoping and sending any Karma I have to you and his way that this is only temporary.

I had the exact same thing, both the a-fib which didnt happen until I was discharged and home (it wasnt dangerous and was no big deal for me), and also fever in the ICU which when I started shivering they stuck a big demerol suppository up my rear end heh heh heh heh. The shivers went away almost immediately and I was never bothered with any more fever after that either. And the a-fib never happened again in all of these 16 (so far) years.
I know you'll all worry, this is common stuff tho dont worry too much. Sending best wishes. You can also tell your son that I swam 85 miles in an outdoor lake last summer(avid long distance swimmer as well as very active bicyclist and active lifestyle) having a prosthetic aortic valve hasn't slowed me down at all and I'll be 60 in a few years. (knocking wood again)
He'll be running around feeling better than ever before you know it. Hang in there. :)(y)
Positive vibage on the way.

I'm sorry to hear that. Please give us an update when you have news about his condition.

Be patient.

The human body is remarkable.

And our technology is still very advanced compared to 30 years ago.

Very good chance all will be well.

Take care of yourself so you can be there for him.

Will be thinking of you and your family.

Back
Top Bottom