• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

My second favorite website for American news

TheParser

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Of course, like some other members/guests, I always start every day by reading the headlines at the Drudge Report.

But I recently discovered what some other members/guests have long known: If one wants to know about American news that will often not appear in the American media, the website of the British newspaper Daily Mail is must reading. It is absolutely riveting -- and depressing.

You're right that articles that the American media won't run end up in the Daily Mail, but it's for the same reason the mainstream media doesn't run National Enquirer style material like "I had Bill Clinton's alien baby!!" and "Lizard people run the world, read here to find out who's involved!"

The Daily Mail is on the same level of trashy American tabloids and you shouldn't trust bloggers just because everyone else has enough journalistic integrity not to run that unsubstantiated and subjective garbage.

The Daily Mail is on the same level of trashy American tabloids and you shouldn't trust bloggers just because everyone else has enough journalistic integrity not to run that unsubstantiated and subjective garbage.

I think that you are being too hard on the Daily Mail. Much of what is reported is, sadly, more than "substantiated."

I think that you are being too hard on the Daily Mail. Much of what is reported is, sadly, more than "substantiated."

No, I'm not being hard enough on them. Here's a screen shot of their homepage right now. Just screams quality journalism doesn't it?

Screenshot_20190108-135710_Chrome.jpg

2 crap news sites. No one can be an informed individual if they only read sites like these.

7mPP.gif

The Daily Mail has become one of the OP-er's go-to sources for news and information. Begorra! The man apparently seeks to be "riveted," entertained and appeased rather than well-informed.

An actual headline from Daily Mail's science section: "Woman, 63, 'becomes PREGNANT in the mouth' with baby squid after eating calamari."

Daily Mail is little more than "clickbait" that attracts readers by preying on their gullibility and profound naivete.

Last edited:
No, I'm not being hard enough on them. Here's a screen shot of their homepage right now. Just screams quality journalism doesn't it?

View attachment 67247543

To: Fair-minded members/guests

The poster has shown us the narrow column of silly celebrity nonsense on the right side of the homepage.

If you will read the main part of the homepage, you will find substantial news, including details that the American media will not report for "certain reasons."

Check it out for yourself. Don't take my word -- or anyone else's.

Last edited:
To: Fair-minded members/guests

The poster has shown us the narrow column of silly celebrity nonsense on the right side of the homepage.

If you will read the main part of the homepage, you will find substantial news, including details that the American media will not report for "certain reasons."

Check it out for yourself. Don't take my word -- or anyone else's.

If the "hard hitting truth" articles that "the mainstream media doesn't want you to hear!" are sprinkled among nonsensical and fallacious click-bait articles, then it's not real journalism. They're still feeding you lies, just not all articles are as over the top.

Consider Ockham's Razor: perhaps the reason why nobody else reports the stories they do is because they're fake or exaggerated stories and it's not some international conspiracy among all of the world's journalists. The simplest and most probable explanation is likely the truth.

Back
Top Bottom