• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

My Plan For Immigration:

Trajan Octavian Titus

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Present feedback and pissed off comments of why it isn't perfect, let's perfect it. I'm in the mood to write the perfect immigration bill so everyone is happy I think this is a good start:

My plan:

A) Seal the border immediately, the problem with the amnesty program in the Reagan era is that instead of solving the illegal immigrant problem it gave further incentives to violate the laws of our nation by crossing the border illegally.

B) In order to be eligable for citizenship the current 12 million illegals now residing within our borders need to report to the government and register as undocumented workers, provided they have a clean criminal record, they will then be eligable to apply for citizenship if they have a criminal record they should be deported immediatly, once they have registered they will then be placed on a five year probation period in which time they must a) pay back taxes, b) pay a small penal fine, c) not break the law, d) retain gainful employment, and e) learn English, if the following conditions are met and maintained for the full five years then they should be granted full citizenship and all the rights and privileges which that entails.

C) Following the lockdown of the border more avenues for legal immigration must be implemented to provide those who want to become citizens with enough of the proper channels to meet their needs. And I can not stress this enough, there should under no circumstances be a guest worker program the increased legal avenues that will be opened for immigration will be for full citizenship and all of the rights and privileges that entails including full protection by the Bill of Rights, The Constitution, and Federal and State legislation.

The reason why there should not be a guest worker program is due to the disastarous results it has had in Europe ie the French riots a few months back. America has by far the most successful immigration policy in the history of the world, we already have the most legal immigrants coming into our country than any other country on earth, however, there is still not enough legal avenues to meet the needs of the growing number of people who want to come here.

Note:

During the five year probation period they will not be protected in full by the Bill of Rights or various other statutes, ie, for non-felony criminal offenses there will not be a trial by jury and innocence until proven guilty will not be their right, all misdemeanor offenses will result in immediate deportation in this way we can help lift the burden on our already over-crowded prison system and overburdened judicial system.

For felony offenses they will be entitled to a trial by a jury of their piers if they are found guilty they will be placed into a correctional facility and upon completion of their sentence they will be immediately deported, if they are found not guilty they will be immediately deported (not-guilty is not the same as innocent) and even with due process there is only one logical Court Ruling which is that they are in the country illegally and have violated their probational period by being in the court.

For civil offenses they will be fully protected by the letter of the law the same as any other citizen; furthermore, civil offenses will not result in deportation, ie, routine traffic violations and the like.

Due to the fact that during the five year probation period they will be paying taxes they will be entitled to all public services, however, since they are not full citizens they will not retain voting rights. In this way we can assure that the illegal population can not be used by either party as a political poker chip and that the rules in the plan will not be altered.

There are many other subtleties which I have not taken into account; such as, affirmative action, however, during the probation period as a general rule they will be protected by most of the Constitution, as well as, labor laws; such as, the minimum wage and overtime pay

Last edited:
nope. you're offering amnesty. Permit registered guest workers to remain for a limited time, then tell 'em to go home. Limit citizenship offers to immigrants with needed skills (something higher than berry picking), and deny citizenship to law breakers, including the illegally entered invaders now infesting this country.

First off, how do you propose we seal the border?

Secondly, if they aren't protected by the bill of rights and due process it would be pretty easy for the racists to accuse every one that walks by their house of trying to break in or rob them. But you still want to put them in our prisons. If you think that social services costs are currently expensive, try incarcerating 12 million people and see what that costs.

independent_thinker2002 said:
First off, how do you propose we seal the border?

There are many ways the government could do it if it were so inclined, it's a straight border, it can be easily sealed.

Secondly, if they aren't protected by the bill of rights and due process it would be pretty easy for the racists to accuse every one that walks by their house of trying to break in or rob them. But you still want to put them in our prisons. If you think that social services costs are currently expensive, try incarcerating 12 million people and see what that costs.

I didn't say that I said that they are protected by most of the bill of rights but not by due process a mideamenor or a felony and it's do not pass go go directly to Mexico.

Nobody can rob them because the person who robbed them will be guilty and they will only have reported a crime, under my plan they are entitled to most of the rights of a citizen; foremost among them is that they can report crimes without fear of being deported.

Nobodies talking about putting 12 million people in jail what I said was putting them on a five year probation period for citizenship during which time they have to complete certain criteria and then recieve full citizenship. And for Mesdeamenors they won't even go to jail they'll be deported, for felonies however they must face the judicial system.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
nope. you're offering amnesty. Permit registered guest workers to remain for a limited time, then tell 'em to go home. Limit citizenship offers to immigrants with needed skills (something higher than berry picking), and deny citizenship to law breakers, including the illegally entered invaders now infesting this country.

You're talking about a guest worker program . . . just look how well that worked in Europe. We have historically had the best immigration policy in the world, we still have more legal immigrants to this country every year than any other country Europe's immigration policy sucks.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
There are many ways the government could do it if it were so inclined, it's a straight border, it can be easily sealed.

If it is so easy I am sure you could answer my question and tell me how.

I didn't say that I said that they are protected by most of the bill of rights but not by due process a mideamenor or a felony and it's do not pass go go directly to Mexico.

Nobody can rob them because the person who robbed them will be guilty and they will only have reported a crime, under my plan they are entitled to most of the rights of a citizen; foremost among them is that they can report crimes without fear of being deported.

Nobodies talking about putting 12 million people in jail what I said was putting them on a five year probation period for citizenship during which time they have to complete certain criteria and then recieve full citizenship. And for Mesdeamenors they won't even go to jail they'll be deported, for felonies however they must face the judicial system.

I am talking about the racists making false claims. For example: "he raped me". In many places misdemeanors also net jail time. Without due process racist cops could harrass them endlessly and have them deported.

I am talking about the racists making false claims. For example: "he raped me". In many places misdemeanors also net jail time. Without due process racist cops could harrass them endlessly and have them deported.

First you have to show me evidence of a consolidated effort on the part of United States police forces to mess with people of Latin descent. Give me some stats, I don't buy it mainly for the reason that alot of the police officers are of Latin descent themselves if the illegals register then they'll have nothing to worry about unless they're breaking the law.

First you have to show me evidence of a consolidated effort on the part of United States police forces to mess with people of Latin descent. Give me some stats, I don't buy it mainly for the reason that alot of the police officers are of Latin descent themselves if the illegals register then they'll have nothing to worry about unless they're breaking the law.

Where are your stats about "a lot of police officers are of Latin descent"? Talk to any minority about how they are treated by the police.

Side note: How come Latin Americans don't speak Latin?:confused:

Edit: How would you "easily" seal the border?

Where are your stats about "a lot of police officers are of Latin descent"? Talk to any minority about how they are treated by the police.

Side note: How come Latin Americans don't speak Latin?:confused:

Ya go throw the race card somewhere else because I and just about every other conservative judges people not on the color of their skin but on the content of their character! As for stats I asked you first, but I know that I'll be able to find Spanish officers.

Latin Americans don't speak Latin because they all speak different dialects of Spanish but the names of all their countries are of Latin descent.

Edit: How would you "easily" seal the border?

maybe a giant fence.....with barbed wire and gaurd dogs and lights, you know the whole bit...:doh

You're talking about a guest worker program . . . just look how well that worked in Europe. We have historically had the best immigration policy in the world, we still have more legal immigrants to this country every year than any other country Europe's immigration policy sucks.

Oh, don't worry. If I implemented a GW program, I can assure you that they'd be sent home when their time was up. I would hold their employers responsible for their return, for one thing, and fine them for failure to do so. And the overstayed "guest" wouldn't be able to find work, because employed him would result in jail time for the employer, and no, no GW would ever be eligible for citizenship until he returned home, and reapplied for a visa permitting application for citizenship, which would have different and more stringent requirements.

Just because Europe can't do something right doesn't mean that we can't. They're Europeans, after all.

Present feedback and pissed off comments of why it isn't perfect, let's perfect it. I'm in the mood to write the perfect immigration bill so everyone is happy I think this is a good start:

If anyone is staying here illegally then they need to go to their country of legal residence.Letting law breakers stay here or making it easy for them to stay here only encourages more illegals.These people should not be rewarded they should either be kicked out or driven out and never allowed to return again.\

We need to eliminate visas from foriegn countries we have a illegal immigration problems with.Since Mexico is on the top of that list no more visas of any kind for mexican citizens.What ever country is number two on that list of problem countries no more visas for their citizens.

We need to severely punish those who employ,aid,house,help,and or do business with illegals.If they can't work or live here then they will not be able to work or live here.

Either change the 14th amendment to only apply to children of American citizens.If illegal aliens can not give birth to anchor babies then they will have no reason to come here.

If they are caught here illegally then they need to be deported and have a permant record so that they can be denied any attempt at citizenship of this coutnry.

Amnesty is not what I or anyone who is really against illegal immigration wants.I do not want law breakers rewarded.

Back
Top Bottom