• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

My No Fail Hummus Recipe

Confession time.

Only discovered that hummus could be made with white beans after i (dumbly) opened a can of white beans instead of garbanzos by accident. (In my defense the cans look almost identical.)

On hunch i went in and googled the topic and learned that there were hummus recipes for white beans. Turns out that red kidney beans also can also be used.....but have not tried that yet.

Heck yeah, try black beans and a bit of chipotle (smoked jalapenos) as a base. Use lime instead of lemons

You can make cow patties taste good with that stuff. We eat it all the time. I make my own fry bread, have some veggies to dip and you got yourself a meal.
I never tried PB, but will. Most recipes can be played with. You never know what you come up with. We like pesto with feta and walnuts instead of parm and pine nuts.
That sounds really good actually. :)

You can make cow patties taste good with that stuff. We eat it all the time. I make my own fry bread, have some veggies to dip and you got yourself a meal.
I never tried PB, but will. Most recipes can be played with. You never know what you come up with. We like pesto with feta and walnuts instead of parm and pine nuts.

Heck yeah, try black beans and a bit of chipotle (smoked jalapenos) as a base. Use lime instead of lemons
I get the feeling you're either a pretty good cook, or have a great palate for developing flavor combinations! :thumbs:

I get the feeling you're either a pretty good cook, or have a great palate for developing flavor combinations! :thumbs:

...or you could be wrong and it's both. :)

My diet pretty much revolved around hummus when I was living in Libya. Love the stuff.

I also love peanut butter. I'll have to give this a try.

My diet pretty much revolved around hummus when I was living in Libya. Love the stuff.

I also love peanut butter. I'll have to give this a try.

I love pickled radishes with it.

hummus is a food that i would like to like, but i haven't quite gotten there yet. to me, it tastes like wet concrete. my taste preferences in food vary significantly over time, though, so i hope that i hit a point where i like it.

ZordePL.jpg

You just need the following:

- 2 cans of chickpeas/garbanzos (drained but keep the liquid)
- one whole clove of garlic
- one lemon (the juice)
- one tablespoon of creamy peanut butter /tahini
- salt/pepper
- EV olive oil

a blender/ food processor

Just put everything together in the blender- except the olive oil, then add the liquid from the chickpea cans until they reach the same level as the stuff you put in. Dont go full throttle on the blender, just pulse it till everything is liquefied. Then transfer it into a bowl and add the olive oil depending on how much you want in. Use a spoon to blend it all in and youre done!

PROTIP: Using peanut butter in place of tahini actually works! The only place near my house that has tahini for sale sells it in huge bottles that are super expensive but Ive found that unsweetened peanut butter does the trick.

Addons: paprika, chopped parsley, mint, tabasco, red pepper flakes, etc. but these really arent necessary

SERVE WITH: any toasted flatbread like pitas, tortillas, and such. Also serve with sliced tomatoes and black and green olives. Yummy!

a little cumin ,jalapeno sauce or tabasco and avocado can make it better but in any case I like it

hummus is a food that i would like to like, but i haven't quite gotten there yet. to me, it tastes like wet concrete. my taste preferences in food vary significantly over time, though, so i hope that i hit a point where i like it.

Try adding your favorite hot sauce or put in more garlic when you make it. I find that the stuff they serve in restaurants doesnt have much garlic so I normally double it.

Try adding your favorite hot sauce or put in more garlic when you make it. I find that the stuff they serve in restaurants doesnt have much garlic so I normally double it.

Me too. I also beef up the cumin and add flavour by toasting it first in a dry skillet. Lack of flavour suggests the balance between chick peas and seasoning isn't right.

Back
Top Bottom