• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

My new toy.....

lizzie

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
is a tool. A couple of weeks ago, I went to Lowe's and bought a new miter saw, but it slides, so it can cut 2x lumber which is up to 12" wide. I love it. It's sort of like having a mini-radial arm saw, but without the expense or bulk. It was under $200, which is great, considering what it does. After using it for a few hours, I can report that it seems like an excellent bargain, and I recommend it for home use. It may not hold up for professional use, but for my purposes, it's just right. Google Image Result for http://images.lowes.com/product/converted/000999/000999312108.jpg=_

Thread title is misleading.

Thread status: disappointing

is a tool. A couple of weeks ago, I went to Lowe's and bought a new miter saw, but it slides, so it can cut 2x lumber which is up to 12" wide. I love it. It's sort of like having a mini-radial arm saw, but without the expense or bulk. It was under $200, which is great, considering what it does. After using it for a few hours, I can report that it seems like an excellent bargain, and I recommend it for home use. It may not hold up for professional use, but for my purposes, it's just right. Google Image Result for http://images.lowes.com/product/converted/000999/000999312108.jpg=_

New power tools are almost as good as chocolate. :)

Gotta love a woman who loves power tools! :mrgreen:

I have the same saw (got it on sale for $169) and use it on a stand made by Skil ($99). I am very satisfied with both of them. Unlike a radial arm saw since it does not permit ripping.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_462542-46922-3302-01_0__?productId=4777726&cm_mmc=SCE_PLA-_-Tools-_-WorkBenchesToolStands-_-4777726&CAWELAID=320011480000702739&kpid=4777726&"cagpspn=pla"

Last edited:
Duracell can't replace me, baby. What I lack in RPMs, I make up for in determination and enthusiasm.

Not quite what I meant. :shock:

If you ever find a woman who likes power tools, chances are a new reciprocating saw will be more welcome then a fur coat.

Just for future reference.

Power tools ... the better way to say "I love you'.

:lamo

:lol:
That reminds me of how my husband used to try to get a reaction out of the women he worked with. He'd tell them that he was buying me a power tool for my birthday, and they'd get all outraged about it, and he'd just laugh. The funny part was that he was telling them the truth, and the power tool was what I really wanted. :lol:

Not quite what I meant. :shock:

If you ever find a woman who likes power tools, chances are a new reciprocating saw will be more welcome then a fur coat.

Just for future reference.

Is it just me, or is that a LOT of innuendo crammed into a relatively small post?

That reminds me of how my husband used to try to get a reaction out of the women he worked with. He'd tell them that he was buying me a power tool for my birthday, and they'd get all outraged about it, and he'd just laugh. The funny part was that he was telling them the truth, and the power tool was what I really wanted. :lol:

One of my best Christmas presents was a 4 piece cordless set of recip saw, Skil saw, 18v drill and a flashlight. :lol:

I think I watch to much deadly women on ID when I think of someone so excited about power tools especially how Lizzie worded it :

It's sort of like having a mini-radial arm saw

It was under $200, which is great, considering what it does. After using it for a few hours,

It may not hold up for professional use, but for my purposes, it's just right

Where is the body what did you do with it what is working on the house code for ? I'm on to you !!

I think I watch to much deadly women on ID when I think of someone so excited about power tools especially how Lizzie worded it :

It's sort of like having a mini-radial arm saw

It was under $200, which is great, considering what it does. After using it for a few hours,

It may not hold up for professional use, but for my purposes, it's just right

Where is the body what did you do with it what is working on the house code for ? I'm on to you !!

Good catch. :lol:

My grilfriend prefers kithchen gadgets but buys me power tools. ;)

If you own a house.....power tools are the best gifts. I have most of the power tools mentioned but I recently bought a Makita Rotary Hammerchipper and it's fast becoming my favorite tool along with the hand grinder. I gave up on battery powered drills and went back to the kind with a plug.

So what are you going to make with your new toy, Lizzie?

If you own a house.....power tools are the best gifts. I have most of the power tools mentioned but I recently bought a Makita Rotary Hammerchipper and it's fast becoming my favorite tool along with the hand grinder. I gave up on battery powered drills and went back to the kind with a plug.

So what are you going to make with your new toy, Lizzie?

One of my hobbies is building birdhouses, but the reason I bought this one is that my son and I are currently building him a cabin to live in, out here on my property, and it made the job of cutting 2x10's and 2x12's much easier. I'm all for making the job easier, and the cuts straight and precise.

You just think she's buying them for you. I've done that trick. :lol:

She is quite clear about the division of labor around the house. If it involves power tool usage then it is my job. ;)

Good choice, way better than a plain old chop saw. One suggestion though, take off all that safety crap, it's hazardous.

She is quite clear about the division of labor around the house. If it involves power tool usage then it is my job. ;)

I used to think that as well, until I discovered the joys of carpentry, and the power that I held in my own two hands. :mrgreen:
There's nothing quite like the aroma of freshly cut lumber. ;)

DAMNIT Liz, I started the "tool thread" for stuff like this! How quickly they forget.:lol:

Good choice, way better than a plain old chop saw. One suggestion though, take off all that safety crap, it's hazardous.

I keep the blade guards on. I've seen too many guys with messed up hands or missing fingers to do otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom