• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

My New Bumper Sticker

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Well, I've had it. I've lowered myself to a form of political amusement I swore I never would. I have purchased and installed a sticker that simply says "**** BUSH". No deletions or substitutions, and not a single character blanked our or changed to a $ sign.

If you would have asked me a month ago why anyone would do such a thing I would be the first to tell you they are immature and seeking attention. I won't deny that these factors may be present in my mind, but I do offer the following as justification:

This president is simply the worst. I speak as a "barely-there" democrat who opposes abortion, carries a gun and believes in racial profiling. This president either lied to us about intelligence for going to Iraq or did not fully investigate the intel. Either way, liar or stupid, the man is responsible for the needless deaths of thousands and should be impeached. (Yes I support the war in Afgahnistan).

It's not only that... This man is so into cronyism! Mike Brown in FEMA? Harried Miers on the Supreme Court? Haliburton granted a no-bid contract for Iraq (albeit they are the most qualified, sadly)? Someone will no-doubt point out folks that Clinton appointed that were cronies, and they are likely right, so I'll concede that now.

Also... For a president that ran on a "small govt" platform, he is surely retarded as his policies have pointed out just the opposite. He has spent more than any democrats wettest dream, he is giving handout's to other CONTINENTS for their AIDS problem when his own justice department here in the US won't even support a needle exchange policy that costs pennies on the dollar compared to AIDS treatment. This president thought it would be a stewardly act of the people's money to spend millions preparing arguments and pressure for a redundant amendment to the constitution that would ban gay-marriage. He knew this would fail and did it anyways to turn on his political base. (Why would a smaller govt care what we do in our bedrooms?).

And last, a "factor" in his decision to nominate Harriet Miers was her faith. Mr. President, please read the first amendement of the constitution!!!

Immature and in need of attention, I may be, but I know I am right and no two words will ever sum it up better.

-Regards

;)

democratleaningright said:
Also... For a president that ran on a "small govt" platform, he is surely retarded as his policies have pointed out just the opposite.

Remember "Read my lips, no new taxes"? Like father like son.

Feel better now? I know I did when I went on my rant about how bad Bush sucks. I feel completely betrayed by this ***hole (even though I never voted for him). I have a shirt I wear with his face on it that reads F***tard. One of my personal favorites. Welcome to the forums. I don't post as much as I'd like to be able to (read this mostly from work), but I'm sure the right-wing welcome wagon will be in soon to bash...I mean welcome you ;)

Ha! Thanks for the tip. I'm sure I can handle the right-wing storm troopers. I'm sure the left wing hipsters will be all over me too. Oh well

Wyldinstinct said:
;)

Feel better now? I know I did when I went on my rant about how bad Bush sucks. I feel completely betrayed by this ***hole (even though I never voted for him). I have a shirt I wear with his face on it that reads F***tard. One of my personal favorites. Welcome to the forums. I don't post as much as I'd like to be able to (read this mostly from work), but I'm sure the right-wing welcome wagon will be in soon to bash...I mean welcome you ;)

WELL isn't that special. You didn't vote for him-you don't count when it comes to claiming he betrayed you. the childish insults you throw at the President is far more a testament about you then W:roll:

TurtleDude said:
WELL isn't that special. You didn't vote for him-you don't count when it comes to claiming he betrayed you. the childish insults you throw at the President is far more a testament about you then W:roll:

And it's an ignorant insult by you to assume that because I didn't vote for him I can't be betrayed. I'M AN AMERICAN! He's the leader of... America. He's lied to America, so I feel betrayed. And who the hell are you to tell me that I don't count? :moon:

Wyldinstinct said:
And it's an ignorant insult by you to assume that because I didn't vote for him I can't be betrayed. I'M AN AMERICAN! He's the leader of... America. He's lied to America, so I feel betrayed. And who the hell are you to tell me that I don't count? :moon:

ROFLMAO-so you aren't one of the moonbats who spouts the typical drivel that Bush isn't your president?

just how did he betray you? did he betray you by pushing for policies that you didn't agree with to begin with (like cutting taxes, not banning more guns, not appointing more far left judges to the bench) or did he betray you on issues you agreed with him on that he didn't implement?

Wyldinstinct said:
;)

There's your problem. What Bush Sr. Actually said was. "Know new taxes". He was telling us that we needed to know what our new taxes were going to be...

MrFungus420 said:
There's your problem. What Bush Sr. Actually said was. "Know new taxes". He was telling us that we needed to know what our new taxes were going to be...

NOW that is truly funny:mrgreen: If Bush I had George Weaselopolous on his staff that would have been the official explanation :lol:

TurtleDude said:
ROFLMAO-so you aren't one of the moonbats who spouts the typical drivel that Bush isn't your president?

just how did he betray you? did he betray you by pushing for policies that you didn't agree with to begin with (like cutting taxes, not banning more guns, not appointing more far left judges to the bench) or did he betray you on issues you agreed with him on that he didn't implement?

Of course he's my president. Just because I didn't vote for him doesn't mean that the truth isn't the truth. This is still the greatest country in the world. Unfortunately, imo, our president sucks. I feel betrayed because Bush (imo) has lied to the American people. And I love America. I could state all the reasons that you've read here and heard on the news, but that's not really necesary. Just consider me one of the 61% that "doesn't approve".

MrFungus420 said:

:lamo :lamo :lamo

Wyldinstinct said:
Of course he's my president. Just because I didn't vote for him doesn't mean that the truth isn't the truth. This is still the greatest country in the world. Unfortunately, imo, our president sucks. I feel betrayed because Bush (imo) has lied to the American people. And I love America. I could state all the reasons that you've read here and heard on the news, but that's not really necesary. Just consider me one of the 61% that "doesn't approve".

Just exactly what are those lies? I put no stock into polls. I did research at the "Roper Center" in New Haven many years ago and I know how those things can be slanted. I could say I don't like the way the country is going because I don't like all the far left loonies whining about Bush or the oil prices or the hurricanes and some will interpret that as being anti Bush

TurtleDude said:
Just exactly what are those lies? I put no stock into polls. I did research at the "Roper Center" in New Haven many years ago and I know how those things can be slanted. I could say I don't like the way the country is going because I don't like all the far left loonies whining about Bush or the oil prices or the hurricanes and some will interpret that as being anti Bush

Congratz on that Roper Center thing. How's that working out for you? I've read alot of news articles and read some books, so I know how those things can get slanted too. :roll: I could say that I don't like the way that the country is going because all those right-wing uncompassionate lying hypocrite bastards are taking our great nation to hell in a handbasket because they're giving no-bid contracts to haliburton or because they said that there were wmd's and there weren't and then they said that they didn't say that there were wmd's and some will interpret that as being anti-liberal. Boy there sure are some silly people out there.

TurtleDude said:

Turtle
Why even bother responding?

"I know I am right"-democratleaningright (heh sure)

This type of rhetoric typifies the far left and no amount of discussion or reason or reading or education or historical fact will ever change it. A flaming meteor to the skull will never discourage it. It is called BDS and this is a transparent troll which invites nothing for discussion.

TurtleDude said:
Just exactly what are those lies?
Well, it was awfully dishonest to try to portray al-Qaida and Saddam as having some sort of a collaborative, operational relationship when the US Intel community kept telling Team Bush that it ain't so.
And, it was awfully dishonest to try to portray Saddam as likely to attack the US directly or by proxy when the US Intel community was saying it ain't so.

You know, little things like that.

Last edited:
It was also highly undesirable that Team Bush ignored the US Intel Community's forecasts for post-Saddam Iraq.
It was also highly undesirable that Team Bush would divert the US Intel Community's resources from counter-terrorism and counter-proliferation to muck about w/ Iraq. Did you know that's in part why the intel on Iraq's WMd wasn't as good as it should've been? US intelligence agencies had placed a higher priority on counter-terrorism and counter-proliferation than worrying about Saddam.

As always, citations available upon request.

1) that some people chose to BELIEVE that Bush HINTED a connection is not the same as lying. A war on terror is not limited to AQ-just as a war on crime is not limited to the Mafia or the Triad

2) I suspect most of the people who claim Bush lied are either

1) lying themselves

2) ignorant as to what a lie means

3) saying it with the hopes that if it is said enough time it will be believed by the weakminded

Simon W. Moon said:
It was also highly undesirable that Team Bush ignored the US Intel Community's forecasts for post-Saddam Iraq.
It was also highly undesirable that Team Bush would divert the US Intel Community's resources from counter-terrorism and counter-proliferation to muck about w/ Iraq. Did you know that's in part why the intel on Iraq's WMd wasn't as good as it should've been? US intelligence agencies had placed a higher priority on counter-terrorism and counter-proliferation than worrying about Saddam.

As always, citations available upon request.

Exactly, and as the upcoming indictments will show, those who tried to tell the truth were retaliated against.

I see you are a Republican. You are the kind of Republican I like, and the kind of Republican which is the only hope of the party now. The GOP needs to clean house, starting with Bush, and work their way all the way to the rotten core, then replace every damn one of those Neocon RINO's with HONEST CONSERVATIVES. If the party cant do that, they will be leaving the door wide open for the Democrats, who are equally dishonest.

Simon W. Moon said:
Well, it was awfully dishonest to try to portray al-Qaida and Saddam as having some sort of a collaborative, operational relationship when the US Intel community kept telling Team Bush that it ain't so.
And, it was awfully dishonest to try to portray Saddam as likely to attack the US directly or by proxy when the US Intel community was saying it ain't so.

You know, little things like that.

a valid point as grounds to criticize Bush though I note wasn't that the same intelligence that claimed the existence of WMD's?

Can you prove to me that Bush said something he KNEW to be untrue when he said it or that he had absolutely no reasonable belief to believe in its veracity?

galenrox said:
Right, brilliant insight:roll:
We don't count? Are you frickin joking? Isn't he still our president, and thus doesn't he owe it to us, just as much as everyone else, to correctly represent us and tell us the truth and spend our money wisely?
Hmmmm?
The president is the president of the UNITED states, not the red states, or the blue states, but the whole ****ing thing, and the fact that you'd even think for a second that what you said is correct under any circumstances just makies me shocked that you got into Yale, when from what I've seen when it comes to your intelligence from your insight, I think DeVry would be a logical stretch.

humpin my leg again? are you jealous? think you are smart but you didn't get into a major league school? there must be some reason for your second or third comment on my college. If Bush advances conservative policies-tax cuts-pro business judges-pro gun justice department to the detriment of say leftist tort lawyers, gun banning activists, labor unions, etc is he "representing you"? The fact is that every position of importance in the USA helps some and hurts the interests of others. Both sides will claim that their position is best for the USA and a few actually believe it

the fact is I voted for Bush because he represents my interests better than Kerry's and I believe that on MOST major issues, he was better for the nation as a whole than Kerry.

If you liked every thing bush said he was going to do or some of what he has done then he would have betrayed me and most of us who voted for him

akyron said:
Turtle
Why even bother responding?

"I know I am right"-democratleaningright (heh sure)

This type of rhetoric typifies the far left and no amount of discussion or reason or reading or education or historical fact will ever change it. A flaming meteor to the skull will never discourage it. It is called BDS and this is a transparent troll which invites nothing for discussion.

Well... Discussion, reason, reading, education and historical facts huh? Ok, I'll bite. It's funny that the right wing tells us to use reason when so much of your political philosophy is based on a book, which contents cannot be proven to even the slightest degree. Folks like you (though maybe not you) want to discuss, reason, read, educate so bad you defend big govt. laws like sodomy statutes. Before you talk to me about reason keep your side of the street clean. At least I admit my faults.

danarhea said:
Exactly, and as the upcoming indictments will show, those who tried to tell the truth were retaliated against.

I see you are a Republican. You are the kind of Republican I like, and the kind of Republican which is the only hope of the party now. The GOP needs to clean house, starting with Bush, and work their way all the way to the rotten core, then replace every damn one of those Neocon RINO's with HONEST CONSERVATIVES. If the party cant do that, they will be leaving the door wide open for the Democrats, who are equally dishonest.

Well said partner... You see that I am a democratleaningright, so who knows make your house cleaner than mine and I might move in!

TurtleDude said:
1) that some people chose to BELIEVE that Bush HINTED a connection is not the same as lying. A war on terror is not limited to AQ-just as a war on crime is not limited to the Mafia or the Triad
Depends on who your parents were and what klind of values they raised you with. While I've seen the arguments and parsed the statements and realize that lying can be very narrowly defined so as to exclude all sorts of deceptive behavior, I was raised to believe that dishonesty and lying (especially in re matters of lives and deaths) were akin neough that I'd get a whupping for either. But, you know, my family's values are obviously a little old-fashioned for his day and age. I think it's just as bad if someone is dishonest re matters that lead to tens of thousands of deaths as if they lied. But what do I know? I still think that character counts.

Simon W. Moon said:
Depends on who your parents were and what klind of values they raised you with. While I've seen the arguments and parsed the statements and realize that lying can be very narrowly defined so as to exclude all sorts of deceptive behavior, I was raised to believe that dishonesty and lying (especially in re matters of lives and deaths) were akin neough that I'd get a whupping for either. But, you know, my family's values are obviously a little old-fashioned for his day and age. I think it's just as bad if someone is dishonest re matters that lead to tens of thousands of deaths as if they lied. But what do I know? I still think that character counts.

A good point but there were plenty of good reasons to stomp Saddam-one key one being to send a message to the other cockroaches that it was necessary and we had the will to do it if needed-a point even Schumer admitted was correct. People who believe the war was a necessary evil will support it, those who are against the war will try to claim it was based on dishonesty.

The thing is, Bush didn't lie about WMDs in Iraq. He was misled by the crappy intelligence that the CIA, FBI, Russia, and the UK gave him. And chemical weapons have been found in Iraq. Fox News and NBC reported it, but I don't think CNN or ABC did. Also, Bush couldn't of declared war on Iraq if the SENATE and HOUSE didn't give him the ok to do so. Kerry, Kennedy, Pelosi were all given the same intelligence that Bush was given. So enough with saying that Bush is a liar when it comes to the Iraq War.

Actually, the Iraq War is over, we're in the re-building stages. But the War on Terror is still being fought, obviously.

TurtleDude said:
A good point but there were plenty of good reasons to stomp Saddam-one key one being to send a message to the other cockroaches that it was necessary and we had the will to do it if needed-a point even Schumer admitted was correct. People who believe the war was a necessary evil will support it, those who are against the war will try to claim it was based on dishonesty.

Why was it "necessary"?

Back
Top Bottom