• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

My name is Chuz as in,...

How long did it take you to "get" it?

• I got it immediately! 1 post

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • After a few posts I got it

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • From 10 to 20 posts maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 20-30

• 30 or more

• Someone had to tell me or I never would have guessed

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters

Chuz Life

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
My screen-name, handle, whatever you want to call it is "Chuz Life."

It's a play on the words "Choose Life."

I like music and I once seen the word "Blues" spelled "Bluz!"

I liked the effect,... it seemed (to me) to make the word stand out a little more.

Over the years, I have a lot of people tell me and announce to others that they had been reading it with an "ugh" sound instead of a "You" sound.

I thought it might make a fun poll. :cool:

As a side bar to this thread, I wonder how many others like to butcher words on purpose,... read certain words backwards and pronounce them,... switch first letters, etc.

My Grandfather used to do it for fun,.. "shake a tower" was "take a shower."

Things like that.

Last edited:
No offense but who cares. Besides that I though the "u" in Chuz had a short vowel sound.

Last edited:
No offense but who cares.

LOL

I knew I would get that,...

Didn't expect it from you though.

The poll actually has a purpose of sorts.

I am trying to decide if I need to add an explanation to my webpage and my profile here,... as I can't believe how many posts some people read of mine before they finally "get it."

Lol my mom does that. Didn't think anyone else did :)

That's so cool.

So you know what I mean,... after being around it all the time,... you catch yourself doing it with people's names, signs,... and it never ends.

I'm not sure,... but it might have started here;

Last edited:
The only thing I can think of right now that I do is combine "throw a fit" and "don't have a cow". If someone is getting overly excited, I'll tell them not to "throw a cow". Doesn't really make much sense, but the absurdity kinda makes people stop their rant to try to figure out what I just said.

The only thing I can think of right now that I do is combine "throw a fit" and "don't have a cow". If someone is getting overly excited, I'll tell them not to "throw a cow". Doesn't really make much sense, but the absurdity kinda makes people stop their rant to try to figure out what I just said.

LOL

Sometimes it's just in how you THINK you hear things,...

When I first met my wife I told her "we don't want to LICK a gift horse in the mouth."

Never made sense to me either,... but that's how I thought that it went.

Her reaction told me I should look it up,... and you can imagine how hard I laughed when I realised that it is "look" and not "lick."

She continued to date me despite my Cerebreal Flatulations.

How do you not read chuz as choose???? I thought that one would be an easy one to get. hmmmm. My family says "shake a tower" too, got it from my grandfather. One thing I have been doing all of my life and someone recently pointed out to me...the word both. I said it like "bolth" but its actually "bow (as in wrapping on a pkg.) th" I thought that was kinda funny because I never thought about it, until someone pointed it out to me.

How do you not read chuz as choose????

Beats me,... but I still get it all the time.

"I thought it wuz chuz" lol

When I was in the Marines, I studied a lot of other peoples accents and speech patterns. (Not much else to do sometimes) Anyway, I thought that I had no recognizable accent at all until one day a guy point it out to me that I use "sumpum like that" (not sure how to spell it). Since then, I try to avoid it and I've become aware of a lot of other regional dialects.

(as if I don't have more important things to dwell on)

I figured it was a play on "thug life", but I didn't really think about it.

I always thought it was Chuz, with the "ugh" u sound.

Until you informed me, I had no idea.

So, I voted for the last option.

Back
Top Bottom