• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

My MP is Running For Conservative Leadership

Carjosse

Sit Nomine Digna
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
I just read this article on the Globe and Mail. It is pretty cool to see my MP Kellie Leitch running for party leadership, she is a pretty nice person, I have met her several times. She would be a lot more likable than Harper ever was. I did not vote for her but I think she would make a better Conservative leader, I am still voting Liberal in the next election though.

I just read this article on the Globe and Mail. It is pretty cool to see my MP Kellie Leitch running for party leadership, she is a pretty nice person, I have met her several times. She would be a lot more likable than Harper ever was. I did not vote for her but I think she would make a better Conservative leader, I am still voting Liberal in the next election though.

Relative to your vote, the Tories have nothing to lose running someone to the right of Harper.

Relative to your vote, the Tories have nothing to lose running someone to the right of Harper.

Well hopefully the Conservatives will be looking for someone with a more progressive lean this time around, which is the first step in learning from their defeat.

Well hopefully the Conservatives will be looking for someone with a more progressive lean this time around, which is the first step in learning from their defeat.

Why bother building a "Conservative" party? Why not just let the only choices in Canada be the Grits and the Dippers, irrespective of the consequences? For me as a tourist, the weak economy is great, but I can't imagine someone trying to earn a paycheck in Quebec.

Last edited:
Why bother building a "Conservative" party? Why not just let the only choices in Canada be the Grits and the Dippers, irrespective of the consequences? For me as a tourist, the weak economy is great, but I can't imagine someone trying to earn a paycheck in Quebec.

Well Quebec, Ontario, and BC are the only places in Canada doing well economically at the moment. It is fairly easy to earn a a payheck in Quebec, as long as you speak both languages. The first part of your post, I have no idea what you are saying.

Well Quebec, Ontario, and BC are the only places in Canada doing well economically at the moment. It is fairly easy to earn a a payheck in Quebec, as long as you speak both languages. The first part of your post, I have no idea what you are saying.

In the first part of my post I mean if a conservative party isn't conservative, they may as well disband. Look what happened in 1993. Also, when I mention a paycheck, I mean six figures.

Back
Top Bottom