• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

My Missing Plane Rant

cnredd

Major General Big Lug
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
It's official...

I'm f**kin' sick and tired of that damn missing plane...Or to be more precise, the 24-hour-a-day speculation-fest by the media...

Do I want to know what happened to it?...Of course...

You know when I want to hear about it?...When they definitively KNOW what the hell happened to it...

Instead we get this...

HOST - Today, we have 56 pilots in studio, 17 on the phone, and 3 that are grocery shopping with a live feed. But first, Major General Admiral French Lieutenant Specky Speckleton

Mister Speckleton. You once played Nintendo's Top Gun game when you were 14...Could you please mention the words "ping" and "communications box" in your comments?

SPECKY - Sure ping! I theorize the plane did one of seventeen things...four of which have to deal directly with the communications box. Also, I'd like to point out "the Malaysian government" and "passengers".

HOST - Fantastic...Just fantastic.

Now we go to 87-year pilot Fluffy McFluffer. Care to say something gravely and aviatic-like?

FLUFFY - Absolutely. I hope this plane isn't found anytime soon so I can be back on the show thirty-seven more times to say "cockpit". I also think the plane landed in either a remote area of the sea or the land or blew up over either a remote area of the sea or the land.

HOST - Thanks for that wonderful insight, Fluffy. Here's a Starbucks coupon.

We go LIVE now to the brother-in-law of the cousin of a construction worker whose little sister once rode those little airplanes in front of the KMart for a quarter. Little Suzie Creamcheese? Tell us about your encounter with the television set when you first heard a plane was missing.

SUZIE - I was devastated, disappointed, and some other four-syllable words. Fireplaces, jalapenos, and xylophonist.

HOST - Thanks Suzie. Now go back to the green room where your gin-swilling uncle just hurt his shin on the coffee table.

We have to go to a commercial, but when we come back, we'll talk about the paint used on airplanes, how they keep your small cup of your favorite beverage chilled (Think "cubes"), and then we'll show maps of India in fourteen different colors, yet the water areas will always be blue. Don't go nowhere!

Cut to fade away with the song "Leaving On A Jet Plane"
:mad:

Last edited:
I'm tired of it, too. My husband's hooked on all the 'speculative reports' and it's driving me nuts.

He had the news on *all day long* and every hour they'd talk about it with all those stupid charts and flight path mockups. One show even had a panel of 9 people talking about it. I ended up having to listen to music over my headphone to tune it all out and focus on my work.

IT's tragic and strange - but damn.

I'm tired of it, too. My husband's hooked on all the 'speculative reports' and it's driving me nuts.

He had the news on *all day long* and every hour they'd talk about it with all those stupid charts and flight path mockups. One show even had a panel of 9 people talking about it. I ended up having to listen to music over my headphone to tune it all out and focus on my work.

IT's tragic and strange - but damn.

I think you mean .... but DAY'UM! Needless to say I agree. Enough on the speculation. At this point we should be only hearing that the search is ongoing and as much information as might be needed to help those that want to help search online through satellite images.

Nothing new here - bread & circuses (a.k.a. food & TV). :2wave:

I thought it was interesting the other day when someone with the NTSB or formerly employed there said we could rule out little green men. Don Lemon piped up saying to the effect, "Really? Are you sure?" The NTSB guy said no.

GOGLIA: The airplane could be anywhere in the range of that airplane. So I - if it had four hours of fuel left on board, it could be anywhere from four hours from the last point that we saw the airplane. It could be on land, it could be in water. The only thing we know for sure, that little green men didn't come down from space and take it.

LEMON: I mean, do we know that for sure though? I mean -

GOGLIA: Well, that's true, we don't even know that.

LEMON: We don't even know that for sure because - I mean this is a mystery among mysteries.

CNN.com - Transcripts

I thought it was interesting the other day when someone with the NTSB or formerly employed there said we could rule out little green men. Don Lemon piped up saying to the effect, "Really? Are you sure?" The NTSB guy said no.

I bet many people thought about alien intervention. :cool:

Ricardo Montelbon where are you when we need you?

Back
Top Bottom