• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

My messege to the terrorists

mikhail

blond bombshell
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Right here comes my rant.

Look i could be all understanding of problems in the middle east Palestine etc etc.

But I'm not you stupid ****s.First of have any religion you want i don't care i will never become a Muslim Christian Hindu it doesn't matter you get it.

I'm not even prepared to be sensitive to your needs sorry but you ****ed you ****ed up big time.See you can kill a few thousand people but we can wipe you out like polio. And isn't ironic how selfish you actually are you "self sacrifice but you just bring more death to your own people.

I'm Russian and even i see how pathetic you are i live in the UK i am a capitalist. You know us running the world.We wanna progress you want to take it back wards,we try and talk your to back wards to listen, We try to understand and be fair you keep silent and attack.

Yes we invaded Iraq but we try ed to obey laws we have soldiers being sued etc etc.

You will probably get support from people on here who's lives are so easy they have nothing better to do but feel sorry for people.

The fact is your killing innocent people on purpose but you will never ever achieve one of you big goals You will never tell the UK what to do you will never tell the USA what to do you will never tell Australia what to do you will never tell Russia what to do you will never any of the countries with balls what to do.

so basically what I'm saying is **** you

Bring it home, brotha!

Righteous indignation is a good thing. It is more than high time we gave the one fingered salute to these cockroaches. They are less than human and deserve our complete contempt and prompt death.

Originally posted by Mikhails navy:
Right here comes my rant.

Look i could be all understanding of problems in the middle east Palestine etc etc.

But I'm not you stupid ****s.First of have any religion you want i don't care i will never become a Muslim Christian Hindu it doesn't matter you get it.

I'm not even prepared to be sensitive to your needs sorry but you ****ed you ****ed up big time.See you can kill a few thousand people but we can wipe you out like polio. And isn't ironic how selfish you actually are you "self sacrifice but you just bring more death to your own people.

I'm Russian and even i see how pathetic you are i live in the UK i am a capitalist. You know us running the world.We wanna progress you want to take it back wards,we try and talk your to back wards to listen, We try to understand and be fair you keep silent and attack.

Yes we invaded Iraq but we try ed to obey laws we have soldiers being sued etc etc.

You will probably get support from people on here who's lives are so easy they have nothing better to do but feel sorry for people.

The fact is your killing innocent people on purpose but you will never ever achieve one of you big goals You will never tell the UK what to do you will never tell the USA what to do you will never tell Australia what to do you will never tell Russia what to do you will never any of the countries with balls what to do.
Dude, you need to learn some english. It hurts just to read what you have to say. In reference to that, we didn't obey the law by attacking Iraq in the first place. And we do our share of killing innocent people. But I do agree with the jist of your arguement that the sick people that blow themselves up are not going to do anything but extend the time of US troops in Iraq. These car bombs, bus bombs and train bombs do nothing but pis$ed off Americans and Brits to the point of saying, "Oh ya! Ok, were gonna stay a little longer. How do you like that? Why don't you stick that in your nap-sack!"

I'm against this war. I support the troops by wanting them to come home. At this point, I don't really know if that is the best answer. I don't have enough information to draw an intelligent conclusion. Unfortunately, Bush does. Although he's my President, I do not think he has America's interests in mind when he makes his decisions. I hope I'm wrong.

Billo_Really said:
Dude, you need to learn some english. It hurts just to read what you have to say. In reference to that, we didn't obey the law by attacking Iraq in the first place. And we do our share of killing innocent people. But I do agree with the jist of your arguement that the sick people that blow themselves up are not going to do anything but extend the time of US troops in Iraq. These car bombs, bus bombs and train bombs do nothing but pis$ed off Americans and Brits to the point of saying, "Oh ya! Ok, were gonna stay a little longer. How do you like that? Why don't you stick that in your nap-sack!"

I'm against this war. I support the troops by wanting them to come home. At this point, I don't really know if that is the best answer. I don't have enough information to draw an intelligent conclusion. Unfortunately, Bush does. Although he's my President, I do not think he has America's interests in mind when he makes his decisions. I hope I'm wrong.

His English is just fine, thank you very much. I understand him quite clearly. It is you that I don't understand. Bin Laden is counting on the fence sitters and apologists to help him defeat the west. It really comes down to this. Are you with us or are you against us? There is no middle road.

I will bite on this post with my message to Al Queda and to those with a misrepresentation of Islam and some of it's Surahs in which time and again, over and over and over again, I either read or hear from people that Islam calls for the murder of "infidels," or all those who are not Muslim. This perception is so pervasive, so entrenched, and I really do not know from where it comes. Yes, there are Muslims who do believe this: 19 of them crashed three planes into the World Trade Center and Pentagon, killing nearly 3,000 of my innocent American brothers and sisters. But, I don't know from where they got this idea. "It is the Qur'an, you idiot!!!" I am quite sure some of you just screamed that to your computer screen. Really? Where? I do not know of one verse which directs the believers to kill all "infidels." Yet, I am constantly reminded of the contrary, such as this verse:

"Now when you meet the unbelievers, smite their necks until you overcome them fully..." (47:4).

Or this one:

"O you who have attained to faith! Fight against those unbelievers who are near you and let them find you adamant, and know that God is with those who are conscious of Him" (9:123).

Or this one:

"O Prophet! Strive hard (lit., make "jihad") against the unbelievers and the hypocrites and be adamant with them... " (66:73).

Yet, perhaps the "poster child" of all the verses in the Qur'an which are cited as evidence that Islam calls for the murder of infidels is this one, the so-called "Verse of the Sword":

"Slay the pagans wherever you may come upon them, and take them captive, and besiege them, and lie in wait for them at every conceivable place..." (9:5).

Case closed? Wrong. These verses have a context, and when understood in their proper context, it will become quite clear that the verses cited above are not a carte blanche for Muslims to kill all non-Muslims...

...In the Qur'an, the principle of fighting is purely self-defensive. According to all available Traditions, the earliest verses revealed with regards to fighting are these:

"Permission [to fight] is given to those against whom war is being wrongfully waged and, verily, God has indeed the power to succour them; those who have been driven from their homelands against all right for no other reason than their saying, 'Our sustainer is God!'" (22:39-40).

Along with this verse is 2:190, which says:

"And fight in God's cause against those who wage war against you..."

Thus, it is quite clear that fighting is to be done in self-defense. Now, anyone can commit acts of terror and aggression and say, "it's in self-defense." In fact, that is precisely what Al Qaeda is doing: they claim by killing 3,000 people in New York City and Washington, D.C., they are "defending" the Muslim nation against "Zionist and Crusader" aggression against the Muslims. What sheer rubbish.

The Qur'an clearly states, in the remainder of 2:190 it says:

"...but do not commit aggression, for verily, God does not love aggressors."

"Committing aggression" includes killing innocent civilians in Tel Aviv, Beslan, New York, Baghdad, or London.....wherever. Furthermore, when the enemy ceases its hostility, fighting must cease:

"...but if they desist, then all hostility shall cease, save against those who [willfully] do wrong" (2:193).

Another verse repeats this insistence that hostility must cease when the enemy stops its aggression against you:

"But if they [the enemy] incline to peace, incline thou to it as well, and place thy trust in God: verily, He alone is all-hearing, all-knowing! And should they seek but to deceive thee [by their show of peace] - behold, God is enough for thee! He it is who has strengthened thee with His succour, and by giving thee believing followers" (8:61-62).

Thus, even if the enemy is feigning a peaceful posture, the Muslims are still commanded to cease hostility and "place their trust in God." Thus, it is quite clear that fighting is in self-defense, and aggression is not allowed. Now, Muslims have waged wars of aggression in the past, for sure, and they even called them "jihad against the infidels" in order to justify their desire for territorial expansion. In fact, one of the most pertinent examples of this was the Ummayad Dynasty, which enacted a policy of "jihad" as perpetual warfare. But, such a policy is not Islamically correct, and as the collapse of the Ummayad Dynasty showed, not sustainable.Are there Muslims, however, who believe that non-Muslims are "worse than trash"? Are there Muslims who cite verse 9:5 and others similar to it as justification of their acts of murder and terror? Are there Muslims who think killing innocent Westerners is "self-defense" and therefore sanctioned by Islam? Yes, yes, and yes. Does that mean that what they do is Islamic? NO! NO! NO! NO! These Muslims defame Islam, defy both the letter and spirit of its law, and are an ugly aberration of the true way of the faith. Their sins - and horrific sins they are - can never be confused for the doctrines of Islam. Islam does not call for the murder of "infidels." Now, I am frequently confronted by people who I see on TV, ", Imam so-and-so says all non-Muslims are to be killed..." or "Shaykh such-and-such says that you must hate all non-Muslims..." or "Maulana whatchamacallhim said that jihad is 'holy war' against the infidel..." Frankly, I could care less about what Imam so-and-so, or Shaykh such-and-such, or Maulana whatchamacallhim says. Their words are meaningless to me. I know what God says: I am not supposed to "kill all the infidels." It just can not be any clearer than that.

peace

Surenderer said:
I will bite on this post with my message to Al Queda and to those with a misrepresentation of Islam and some of it's Surahs in which time and again, over and over and over again, I either read or hear from people that Islam calls for the murder of "infidels," or all those who are not Muslim. This perception is so pervasive, so entrenched, and I really do not know from where it comes. Yes, there are Muslims who do believe this: 19 of them crashed three planes into the World Trade Center and Pentagon, killing nearly 3,000 of my innocent American brothers and sisters. But, I don't know from where they got this idea. "It is the Qur'an, you idiot!!!" I am quite sure some of you just screamed that to your computer screen. Really? Where? I do not know of one verse which directs the believers to kill all "infidels." Yet, I am constantly reminded of the contrary, such as this verse:

"Now when you meet the unbelievers, smite their necks until you overcome them fully..." (47:4).

Or this one:

"O you who have attained to faith! Fight against those unbelievers who are near you and let them find you adamant, and know that God is with those who are conscious of Him" (9:123).

Or this one:

"O Prophet! Strive hard (lit., make "jihad") against the unbelievers and the hypocrites and be adamant with them... " (66:73).

Yet, perhaps the "poster child" of all the verses in the Qur'an which are cited as evidence that Islam calls for the murder of infidels is this one, the so-called "Verse of the Sword":

"Slay the pagans wherever you may come upon them, and take them captive, and besiege them, and lie in wait for them at every conceivable place..." (9:5).

Case closed? Wrong. These verses have a context, and when understood in their proper context, it will become quite clear that the verses cited above are not a carte blanche for Muslims to kill all non-Muslims...

...In the Qur'an, the principle of fighting is purely self-defensive. According to all available Traditions, the earliest verses revealed with regards to fighting are these:

"Permission [to fight] is given to those against whom war is being wrongfully waged and, verily, God has indeed the power to succour them; those who have been driven from their homelands against all right for no other reason than their saying, 'Our sustainer is God!'" (22:39-40).

Along with this verse is 2:190, which says:

"And fight in God's cause against those who wage war against you..."

Thus, it is quite clear that fighting is to be done in self-defense. Now, anyone can commit acts of terror and aggression and say, "it's in self-defense." In fact, that is precisely what Al Qaeda is doing: they claim by killing 3,000 people in New York City and Washington, D.C., they are "defending" the Muslim nation against "Zionist and Crusader" aggression against the Muslims. What sheer rubbish.

The Qur'an clearly states, in the remainder of 2:190 it says:

"...but do not commit aggression, for verily, God does not love aggressors."

"Committing aggression" includes killing innocent civilians in Tel Aviv, Beslan, New York, Baghdad, or London.....wherever. Furthermore, when the enemy ceases its hostility, fighting must cease:

"...but if they desist, then all hostility shall cease, save against those who [willfully] do wrong" (2:193).

Another verse repeats this insistence that hostility must cease when the enemy stops its aggression against you:

"But if they [the enemy] incline to peace, incline thou to it as well, and place thy trust in God: verily, He alone is all-hearing, all-knowing! And should they seek but to deceive thee [by their show of peace] - behold, God is enough for thee! He it is who has strengthened thee with His succour, and by giving thee believing followers" (8:61-62).

Thus, even if the enemy is feigning a peaceful posture, the Muslims are still commanded to cease hostility and "place their trust in God." Thus, it is quite clear that fighting is in self-defense, and aggression is not allowed. Now, Muslims have waged wars of aggression in the past, for sure, and they even called them "jihad against the infidels" in order to justify their desire for territorial expansion. In fact, one of the most pertinent examples of this was the Ummayad Dynasty, which enacted a policy of "jihad" as perpetual warfare. But, such a policy is not Islamically correct, and as the collapse of the Ummayad Dynasty showed, not sustainable.Are there Muslims, however, who believe that non-Muslims are "worse than trash"? Are there Muslims who cite verse 9:5 and others similar to it as justification of their acts of murder and terror? Are there Muslims who think killing innocent Westerners is "self-defense" and therefore sanctioned by Islam? Yes, yes, and yes. Does that mean that what they do is Islamic? NO! NO! NO! NO! These Muslims defame Islam, defy both the letter and spirit of its law, and are an ugly aberration of the true way of the faith. Their sins - and horrific sins they are - can never be confused for the doctrines of Islam. Islam does not call for the murder of "infidels." Now, I am frequently confronted by people who I see on TV, ", Imam so-and-so says all non-Muslims are to be killed..." or "Shaykh such-and-such says that you must hate all non-Muslims..." or "Maulana whatchamacallhim said that jihad is 'holy war' against the infidel..." Frankly, I could care less about what Imam so-and-so, or Shaykh such-and-such, or Maulana whatchamacallhim says. Their words are meaningless to me. I know what God says: I am not supposed to "kill all the infidels." It just can not be any clearer than that.

peace

Thank you for the history lesson. Now I have a question for you. How did Islam get spread, if not for violence and forcible conversion? Was it not by the sword? Did not Mohammad himself personally preside over the wanton murder of some 700 men at Medina? What other religion in the history of man has been spread through the sword? I can't think of one myself. Can you?

Great thread.
Oh yeah!, before I forget, $%^& you Bin Laden.

Billo_Really said:

NO YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND. I know what your points are I'm not ignorant to the facts i just think they don't understand we run ****.

Yea blah blah blah we did this we did that you have to go back to kindergarten with these people you really think they have people going "O YES BUT all of americaq etc thinks this or that. You think both of us think that same way.

And to you hooded covered
muslim ladies

face down ass up thats the way i like to ****

mikhail said:
NO YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND. I know what your points are I'm not ignorant to the facts i just think they don't understand we run ****.
We who, Ruskie?

Now I have a question for you. How did Islam get spread, if not for violence and forcible conversion?

No such thing as forced conversion in Islam....not saying it didnt happen but saying it is outside of the Koran:

“There is no compulsion in religion. Truth stands out clear from error: whoever rejects evil and believes in God has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that never breaks. And God hears and knows all things.” [Qur’an 2:256]

What other religion in the history of man has been spread through the sword? I can't think of one myself. Can you?
[/QUOTE]

Man you say some crazy things sometimes....Ever heard of the Crusades? Ever picked up a Bible? etc etc...

Simon W. Moon said:
We who, Ruskie?

The modern world and i include you too

Missouri Mule said:
Righteous indignation is a good thing. It is more than high time we gave the one fingered salute to these cockroaches. They are less than human and deserve our complete contempt and prompt death.
Hang a minute... who's saying this ?
A fundie American or a Muslim extremist ?
Hard to tell the difference !

Missouri Mule said:
It really comes down to this. Are you with us or are you against us? There is no middle road.
Really? So we need to invade Saudi Arabia now too? How about Palestine? They're not with us, so are they against us?

You know, whenever you draw a silly line in the sand it really ruins any points one is trying to profess.

Cowboy talk is why so many people around the world hate Americans. Maybe if we tried showing some humility to our ALLIES instead of hating them, i.e. France, Germany, Spain, our standing in the world community would be less scorned and more appreciated?

robin said:
Hang a minute... who's saying this ?
A fundie American or a Muslim extremist ?
Hard to tell the difference !

Well, I'm just taking the attitude that real Americans took when they took upon themselves to defeat the Axis powers in WWII. Anger, properly directed, in righteous indignation is appropriate and proper. The terrorism in the ME and in London today is just indiscriminate murder; pure and simple.

If you can't see this distinction; well that's your problem, not mine.

26 X World Champs said:
Really? So we need to invade Saudi Arabia now too? How about Palestine? They're not with us, so are they against us?

You know, whenever you draw a silly line in the sand it really ruins any points one is trying to profess.

Cowboy talk is why so many people around the world hate Americans. Maybe if we tried showing some humility to our ALLIES instead of hating them, i.e. France, Germany, Spain, our standing in the world community would be less scorned and more appreciated?

This is not a complicated concept to understand. When a fight to the survival is at stake as it is now, one can't simply sit on the fence. We tried that prior to Pearl Harbor, didn't we? How successful was that policy?

As far as these people around the world hating America. Well, the heck with them. They aren't worth worrying about anyway. I never did have much respect for cowards or apologists for terrorists..

Missouri Mule said:
This is not a complicated concept to understand. When a fight to the survival is at stake as it is now, one can't simply sit on the fence. We tried that prior to Pearl Harbor, didn't we? How successful was that policy?
You said "either your with us or against us." So where do you put Saudi Arabia, for example. A direct response would be appreciated, please?
Missouri Mule said:
As far as these people around the world hating America. Well, the heck with them. They aren't worth worrying about anyway. I never did have much respect for cowards or apologists for terrorists..
IMHO it's this type of thinking that breeds terrorists who want to kill us. Big macho Americans who have zero humility and put bravado before compromise.

The ironic part of the macho bravado is that many of the most macho types also fein to be Christians, yet they ignore what their savior taught about humility. It goes something like this:
humility

a prominent Christian grace (Rom. 12:3; 15:17, 18; 1 Cor. 3:5-7; 2 Cor. 3:5;
Phil. 4:11-13). It is a state of mind well pleasing to God (1 Pet. 3:4); it
preserves the soul in tranquillity (Ps. 69:32, 33), and makes us patient under
trials (Job 1:22). Christ has set us an example of humility (Phil. 2:6-8). We
should be led thereto by a remembrance of our sins (Lam. 3:39), and by the
thought that it is the way to honour (Prov. 16:18), and that the greatest
promises are made to the humble (Ps. 147:6; Isa. 57:15; 66:2; 1 Pet. 5:5). It
is a "great paradox in Christianity that it makes humility the avenue to
glory."

26 X World Champs said:
You said "either your with us or against us." So where do you put Saudi Arabia, for example. A direct response would be appreciated, please?

IMHO it's this type of thinking that breeds terrorists who want to kill us. Big macho Americans who have zero humility and put bravado before compromise.

The ironic part of the macho bravado is that many of the most macho types also fein to be Christians, yet they ignore what their savior taught about humility. It goes something like this:

Offhand, I would have to put Saudi Arabia against us at the outset. However, I believe it would accurate to say that they have now (I'm speaking of the government) as realizing that the terrorists are now their enemies as well as ours.

As to your question about humility, just let me say this. Humility never won any wars. What it will do is invite aggression or death. I can't speak for you or your family, but I put a high premium on my life and of my family. We're doing what we have to do to put a stop to terrorism. Better to fight them there than the streets of NYC.

We'll be hated regardless. The left/liberals have so inculcated the Blame America First mentality into our youth that they have no remembrance when our very survival is at stake. They think that our freedom was won with nice words and intentions. Chamberlain tried that approach with "peace in our time" and got neither peace nor honor. There's really nothing new under the sun. The lesson of history and of war is that weakness is provocative. How do I know? Just ask bin Laden. This is precisely what he said about our approach prior to 9/11. Even if you don't take him at his word, I do.

26 X World Champs said:
And who is an UNREAL AMERICAN by your definition?

An "unreal" American? Hmmmm. Let me count the ways. Offhand I would say that the likes of the left wing press and educational establishment for example. Somebody like Ward Churchill, Noam Chomsky and Ramsey Clark. But they are just doing what all traitors do. That comes natural to them. What really counts are the gullible who buy their propaganda, lock stock and barrel. They're the ones I'm really concerned about. When the "unreal" Americans outnumber the "real" Americans, we'll be in a real pickle. We're not that far from that point right now.

What the left/liberals don't understand is that freedom is not something that is automatically conferred onto a person when he is born into this world. It comes at a price; often the supreme sacrifice of those who step up to the plate to make it possible for silly people to make silly statements. This wasn't the case when "the greatest generation" was running things. They knew the difference between patriotism and treason. Today, the left have made patriotism a dirty word. It's out of style. Better to be hip and "with it" and go along with the America Bashers. They fit in better. Who wants to be with an old-fashioned patriot anyway? They're passe'.

Missouri Mule said:
An "unreal" American? Hmmmm. Let me count the ways. Offhand I would say that the likes of the left wing press and educational establishment for example. Somebody like Ward Churchill, Noam Chomsky and Ramsey Clark. But they are just doing what all traitors do. That comes natural to them. What really counts are the gullible who buy their propaganda, lock stock and barrel. They're the ones I'm really concerned about. When the "unreal" Americans outnumber the "real" Americans, we'll be in a real pickle. We're not that far from that point right now.

What the left/liberals don't understand is that freedom is not something that is automatically conferred onto a person when he is born into this world. It comes at a price; often the supreme sacrifice of those who step up to the plate to make it possible for silly people to make silly statements. This wasn't the case when "the greatest generation" was running things. They knew the difference between patriotism and treason. Today, the left have made patriotism a dirty word. It's out of style. Better to be hip and "with it" and go along with the America Bashers. They fit in better. Who wants to be with an old-fashioned patriot anyway? They're passe'.

So are you then saying that you dont believe in freedom of the Press? for people to have a right to their opinion? to be able to openly critize the goverment? Sounds like you would be happy living in the M.E.....they play be the rules you desire

peace

Missouri Mule said:
Offhand, I would have to put Saudi Arabia against us at the outset. However, I believe it would accurate to say that they have now (I'm speaking of the government) as realizing that the terrorists are now their enemies as well as ours.
How are they more with us now then they were pre-Iraq invasion? Plus, as a government we continue to support them despite all of the 9-11 attackers coming from KSA (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia). Recall that in the KSA women have absolutely no rights, not even driver's licenses. The one and only reason we are "allies" with the KSA is OIL. Sociologically we have nothing in common. The people of the KSA consider Americans to be "infidels." They are anything but our "allies" IMHO yet Republicans and apparently you are OK with them despite your claiming "either your with us or against us." They are against us, so why do you tolerate them if you profess to not allow toleration for any country who is against us?
Missouri Mule said:
Better to fight them there than the streets of NYC.
WIth all due respect I get very upset when someone writes what you just wrote. I consider it to be propaganda that has no semblence of truth, sorry. I mean, do you think that our Terrorist friends are honorably agreeing to only fight us "over there" and not "over here"? Ask ANYbody in the Rove Administration if they think we will not be attacked again here? Your statement is only valid to dreamers I'm afraid. The reality is not a dream, it's a nightmare, one that has the city that I live in under another attack. The nightmare will happen, we just don't know when.
Missouri Mule said:
We'll be hated regardless. The left/liberals have so inculcated the Blame America First mentality into our youth that they have no remembrance when our very survival is at stake. They think that our freedom was won with nice words and intentions.
Funny but my children were not taught that by the NYC Public School system? Ask them about WWII and you'll get an earful about the greatness of our entire nation's effort to defeat Hitler and Japan.

The difference is that WWII had defined countries that were our enemies. Terrorists cross borders and are not trying to defeat us, they are trying and succeeding to terrorize us. The damn war in Iraq has exasperated their hatred for us, allowed them to have a new recruiting tool that can be broadcast on TV 24/7 365 days a year. Not a day goes by now where new America hating terrorists are born.

Why can't you see that if we had put all the resources we've put into fighting terrorists instead of invading Iraq we would be much safer and the terrorists much weaker? It's painfully obvious, so why can't you understand?

I know your heart is in the right place, as is mine. Your posts sound like you think Democrats / Liberals are your enemy. That is very sad, and IMHO very misguided.

You talk as if we aren't fighting terrorism?

We fight terrorism by providing water to Arab J'Bour village and other rural farming communities via the Yusufiyah Pumping Station No. 1, where the 48th Brigade Combat Team civil affairs soldiers visited and assisted in giving power generators to the station to increase water supply rate. We fight terrorism by detaining terrorists themselves, like back on the 10th of July, where we captured by Task Force Liberty soldiers, back on July 10th and 11th. They detained 13 people suspected of making and emplacing improvised explosive devices.

We fight terrorism by capturing suspects with IED-making material like Iraqi Soldiers (along side coalition soldiers) did on July 11th near Mansuriyah, in Diyala province, Iraq. We fight terrorism with the help of Iraqi civilians, you know, the ones that you think we killed recklessly, or become terrorists themselves. They help U.S. and Iraqi troops a great deal, like they did back on the 12th of July, when a civilian pointed a man with suspicious demeanor. The civilian led the security forces to a house and found raw C-4 plastic explosives, 20 hand grenades, one machine gun, a sniper rifle, an AK-47 assault rifle, a loaded 9 mm pistol with a silencer, and 500 to 700 rounds of ammunition.

We fight terrorism by eliminating key leaders that coordinate such attacks, like when – in one day – 30 suspected terrorists along with two men, Abdulla Ibrahim Muhammed Hassan al Shadad, or Abu Abdul Aziz, and Khamis Farhan Khalaf Abd al Fahdawi, or Abu Seba, two high-ranking al Qaeda operatives with ties to wanted terrorist Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.

I’m not the only one who feels this way. Guess who else? Would you believe it!; soldiers on the ground, who are actually taking part in the operations. Here is a quote from Army Lt. Col. Clifford Kent:
Iraqis are gaining more confidence in their security forces and providing them with information that can be used to help disrupt insurgent cells.
1st Lt. Taysha Deaton, spokeswoman for the 256th Brigade Combat Team, said on the 17th,
The Iraqi force is growing stronger by the day, and each cordon-and-search mission is proof of that. Iraq's own soldiers are taking control. More and more and more of our patrols witness that not only is this what must be done, it is also what the Iraqi people want.

Back
Top Bottom