• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

My Latest acquisition

TurtleDude

warrior of the wetlands
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Very nice competition gun, although I'm not so much a fan of the compensator (aesthetically that is)

Any reason you didn't go with a striker fired? (Glock 35, S&W M&P Pro)

http://www.czub.cz/zbrojovka/czech-guns/CZ_75_TS_CZECHMATE.png

http://czcustom.com/images/products/detail/DSC_0002.JPG

setting it up for steel rather than USPSA meaning minor 9mm. comes with a 26 round magazine and three 20 rounders. got two more 26 rounders (not cheap) but easier to run than the STI Steelmaster gun for the same price

the anti gun types will claim that no one "needs" a 26 round magazine or that this is an "assault weapon"

i guess aesthetics took a back seat to function

Very nice competition gun, although I'm not so much a fan of the compensator (aesthetically that is)

Any reason you didn't go with a striker fired?

I prefer striker fired for production guns such as my usual choice an M&P pro since you don't have to deal with either a safety or a d/a first shot trigger pull

this is for open competition. KC Eusebio (glock open gun) is about the only top GM I know who is shooting a striker fired gun in Open IPSC. most of the top guns like five time WC Eric Graufel (EAA copy of the CZ) are running hammer fired guns with the major choice in the USA being the STI/SV modular double stack 1911, the Para Ord and the CZ and its clones like the TZ/EAA or the Swiss Sphinx

oversees its the CZ and TZ guns that most of the French and Germans run.

Nice. Not real familiar with the CZ, looks like a M9/FS92 clone.
I'am a 1911 guy myself.

Nice. Not real familiar with the CZ, looks like a M9/FS92 clone.
I'am a 1911 guy myself.

not really the CZ is a original design that has been copied by several makers in several countries such as the AT 84 (Swiss) the Sphinx (same) the TZ (Italy) and certain "baby eagle" (Israeli) guns

it has the same internal rail as the Sig P210 and has some Browning HP features. the race guns are set up for single action only, the duty ones are SA/DA but are designed to be carried cocked and locked (you have to lower the hammer on a live firing pin to carry it hammer down)

not really the CZ is a original design that has been copied by several makers in several countries such as the AT 84 (Swiss) the Sphinx (same) the TZ (Italy) and certain "baby eagle" (Israeli) guns

it has the same internal rail as the Sig P210 and has some Browning HP features. the race guns are set up for single action only, the duty ones are SA/DA but are designed to be carried cocked and locked (you have to lower the hammer on a live firing pin to carry it hammer down)

What model of CZ is that and how does it compare to the very sexy CZ 75?

Thats one crazy looking RoboCop holster in that 2nd img.

I can send more .32 cal bullets downrange by firing both barrels of my O/U shotgun, loaded with 0 buck! :)

What model of CZ is that and how does it compare to the very sexy CZ 75?

czechmate from the CZ custom shop-a highly modified SA only version of the venerable CZ 75

I like the original gun-I don't run it in production due to you have to start it hammer down which is a detriment and lowering a hammer on a live firing pin is not something I like doing

I can send more .32 cal bullets downrange by firing both barrels of my O/U shotgun, loaded with 0 buck1. :)

true but that's not a legal weapon for the event I bought this for.

true but that's not a legal weapon for the event I bought this for.

My point was a 26 round magazine isn't that many bullets, when a shot gun fires more. :)

enjoy the new armament.

My point was a 26 round magazine isn't that many bullets, when a shot gun fires more. :)

enjoy the new armament.

true and with a mac 11 I can unleash 32 lethal projectiles in 1.4 seconds but with a Red Jacket SAIGA with a Pro Mag 20 round drum loaded with #4 buck its like 600+ lethal projectiles in 4-5 seconds and with far more accuracy

That's way too scary looking for a civy!

Thank for the info.

My favorite hunting arm, is a ruger redlabel 20/20 O/u with a 2nd retrofitted savage combo barrel chambered 5.56 Nato Ackley improved over 20 gauge. With a slug in the shot barrel, I can take any game in North America, providing I can get in range. Mountain sheep tend to stay out of shotgun range! But not many in Florida anyway!:)

http://www.czub.cz/zbrojovka/czech-guns/CZ_75_TS_CZECHMATE.png

http://czcustom.com/images/products/detail/DSC_0002.JPG

setting it up for steel rather than USPSA meaning minor 9mm. comes with a 26 round magazine and three 20 rounders. got two more 26 rounders (not cheap) but easier to run than the STI Steelmaster gun for the same price

the anti gun types will claim that no one "needs" a 26 round magazine or that this is an "assault weapon"

Not a huge fan of 9mm, but very nice.

Not a huge fan of 9mm, but very nice.

for steel and production 9mm minor (ie factory loads) are huge favorites

9mm major is now USPSA legal-back when it wasn't most guys ran 38 super or the rule beating 9X21 (I still have a TZ in 9X21) Major power factor came down a bunch making 9mm major less scary

for steel and production 9mm minor (ie factory loads) are huge favorites

9mm major is now USPSA legal-back when it wasn't most guys ran 38 super or the rule beating 9X21 (I still have a TZ in 9X21) Major power factor came down a bunch making 9mm major less scary

I see. I have nothing bad to say about the round in particular. Hell my favorite carry is my little .380. Just never had much use for it as I carry 45 and 380 pretty much exclusively. Even at the range I don't shoot 9mm. That weapon however is soooo choice.

I see. I have nothing bad to say about the round in particular. Hell my favorite carry is my little .380. Just never had much use for it as I carry 45 and 380 pretty much exclusively. Even at the range I don't shoot 9mm. That weapon however is soooo choice.

plus I have a huge stock of 9mm including the cheap russian stuff which is good for crowded events where you don't have time to pick up "brass"since the cases cannot be reloaded anyway since they are berdan primed steel

plus I have a huge stock of 9mm including the cheap russian stuff which is good for crowded events where you don't have time to pick up "brass"since the cases cannot be reloaded anyway since they are berdan primed steel

No wonder you can afford a weapon like that, lol. Even got the ammo to waist at the range. I am forced to buy factory loads and pay a premium to blow a few off at the range. What is really sad is it is now cheaper to pay for a 2 tank boat dive than go to the range for a few hours.

What's really funny is .45 is readily available but 380 is as scarce as it comes these days.

My favorite hunting arm, is a ruger redlabel 20/20 O/u with a 2nd retrofitted savage combo barrel chambered 5.56 Nato Ackley improved over 20 gauge. With a slug in the shot barrel, I can take any game in North America, providing I can get in range. Mountain sheep tend to stay out of shotgun range! But not many in Florida anyway!:)
Just picked up a Ruger Vaquero Birdshead in .45ACP, cant wait to get it to the range.

Back
Top Bottom