• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

My Introduction

Johnny

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Hello,
I'm really enjoying the forum so far. It's nice to have a place to discuss politics. I may not agree with everyone but I really enjoy reading the posts here.

The views I have come from a hybrid of my personal life and my research on issues over the years.

There was a time that I thought capitalism was the enemy. I grew up poor and had this false notion the government was the answer.

As time went on and I've matured I realized that government, too much government is the cause of our problems.

I love the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. I believe that these documents are designed to work together. I hate the Federal Reserve System and the way government today has no respect fir our civil liberties.

I served 4 years in the Corps and upon completion of my service I stayed here in Japan. I'm married to a local and have two wonderful kids. I love and respect Japan and it is my second home.

I will always love America (I'm disappointed in her currently) and I'm still very much interested in what's going on.

I work for a landscaping company. I don't make much but we get by.

I'm a life long Hip Hop fan (I hate a lot of the crap that passes off as Hip Hop these days) but I listen to a bit of everything. I like R&B, Classic Rock, some house and techno. I can't say I'm in to Country as a whole but I really like Hank Williams Jr. Hip Hop is what I grew up with though. Music and politics are a passion of mine.

I believe in the principles set by the founding fathers. I want government out of our lives, I want free markets, I want sound money.

I am also very much against the "global war on terror" and the "war on drugs".

That's me, Johnny.

well, here's a belated

67112126-hullo-everyone-dpsockpuppet.jpg

Welcome Johnny, look forward to seeing you in the forums.

I wanted to "test the waters first" I guess you could say. Thanks for the welcome.

Welcome aboard Johny.
I know what you mean about appreciating a place to talk politics. My friends are either liberal or not interested. I can't talk to my real life liberal friends (if I want to keep them), Here I can come and speak my mind and as far as I know no one has me on ignore.
I haven't been here long but I find it quite entertaining, informative and just fun.

Oh! Thanks for your service.

Hey, Johnny!! Thanks for sharing a little bit about yourself with us. I'm new here myself and find DP a really interesting, entertaining forum. I've already enjoyed quite a few of your posts and look forward to some lively debate with ya'. And, Johnny? Thank you very much for your service.

Oh! Thanks for your service.

Thanks but I didn't do anything exciting. I did my job the best I can. I didn't see combat though.

Back
Top Bottom