• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"My gun"

lizzie

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
I saw this on FB today and thought it was pretty amusing, and sadly, probably has a little truth to it. ;)

Its all true, I have over 20 guns at this time. None of them have just gotten up and gone on a crime spree.

Its all true, I have over 20 guns at this time. None of them have just gotten up and gone on a crime spree.

I have many more times that number. I have to keep them locked up lest they form a posse and go off hunting for mopes on their own. I have a few that are snitches who let me know what the others are plotting and the plotters are locked in the strongest of the safes.

I have many more times that number. I have to keep them locked up lest they form a posse and go off hunting for mopes on their own. I have a few that are snitches who let me know what the others are plotting and the plotters are locked in the strongest of the safes.

:lol:
I have knives hanging around the periphery of the safe, on the inside, just in case one of the smart ones tries to get ahold of the combination lock.

:lol:
I have knives hanging around the periphery of the safe, on the inside, just in case one of the smart ones tries to get ahold of the combination lock.

sharp thinking there!

I dunno know. One time I was using a utility knife in my right hand and without any warming or provocation it suddenly viciously stabbed my left hand. Damn that hurt.

The truth I was referring to, is that there are probably people who really do believe that guns are dangerous, and that people are not. We are all victims of guns- both those of us who are controlled by their wiley ways, and those of us who are innocent victims of violent guns. ;) The most surprising thing about seeing the post on FB, was that it was from a woman whom I never would have thought really liked guns and shooting. :lol:

I dunno know. One time I was using a utility knife in my right hand and without any warming or provocation it suddenly viciously stabbed my left hand. Damn that hurt.
A few years ago, I was working on some craft project or another, sitting in my recliner, and using an exacto knife. I moved, and my elbow hit the exacto, knocked it up into the air, and it fell blade down, straight into my upper forearm. I couldn't have done it any better if I had tried. :lol:
THe blad entered at approximately a 90 degree angle, and looked like someone had intentionally stabbed me. :lol:

A few years ago, I was working on some craft project or another, sitting in my recliner, and using an exacto knife. I moved, and my elbow hit the exacto, knocked it up into the air, and it fell blade down, straight into my upper forearm. I couldn't have done it any better if I had tried. :lol:
THe blad entered at approximately a 90 degree angle, and looked like someone had intentionally stabbed me. :lol:

Imagining this made me cringe. :(

Imagining this made me cringe. :(

It didn't hurt. It was a very sharp blade, and easily sliced through my skin and into the muscle. It's the jagged edges that hurt. The clean straight sharp ones don't.

It didn't hurt. It was a very sharp blade, and easily sliced through my skin and into the muscle. It's the jagged edges that hurt. The clean straight sharp ones don't.

I don't know, I've never been stabbed but I imagine it sucks regardless of what's stabbing you. :lol: but I agree that serrated blades are probably the worst.

I don't know, I've never been stabbed but I imagine it sucks regardless of what's stabbing you. :lol: but I agree that serrated blades are probably the worst.

Seriously, I didn't feel it going in. I just looked up, and saw an exacto knife sticking out of my arm. :lol:

Seriously, I didn't feel it going in. I just looked up, and saw an exacto knife sticking out of my arm. :lol:

For small calibers, it's not rare for a person to be shot and not realize it.

I saw this on FB today and thought it was pretty amusing, and sadly, probably has a little truth to it. ;)

This guy is obviously making a valiant effort to prevent the English language from disappearing. I lost count at 27 but I bet he used 150 words to say, "Guns don't kill people." 200, maybe.
Not that I necessarily object to wordiness- hell, I like words, just that it looks like a big price to pay for an old, tired horse. Did I say, 'tired'? If he hits it once more all he'll get is a cloud of dust from it's dead hide.

Yep, sharp and well maintained blades leave cleaner wound patterns, less damage to the area, and easier to treat. You don't get that tearing that you get with ridged or dulled blades. Still, OUCH!

Oh no, they're bad but at least if maintained there is a purpose and treatment is still somewhat easy. THE worst is a dulled or damaged blade, rusty blades, etc, much more chance of permanent damage and secondary infection because of the wound pattern, more tearing than cutting.

For small calibers, it's not rare for a person to be shot and not realize it.
Sometimes there is less penetration than a tattoo gun, especially weak calibers like the .25.

This guy is obviously making a valiant effort to prevent the English language from disappearing. I lost count at 27 but I bet he used 150 words to say, "Guns don't kill people." 200, maybe.
Not that I necessarily object to wordiness- hell, I like words, just that it looks like a big price to pay for an old, tired horse. Did I say, 'tired'? If he hits it once more all he'll get is a cloud of dust from it's dead hide.

I guess it's a good thing that I didn't post it for the literary value, eh?

Nice straw man, no one is arguing that guns have their own free will.

I posted it more for amusement than for debate. Sorry if you didn't manage to get that.

Ive seen too much stupid **** on these forums to assume anyone is joking anymore, but I'm glad it was more for humor than serious discussion.

Oh no, they're bad but at least if maintained there is a purpose and treatment is still somewhat easy. THE worst is a dulled or damaged blade, rusty blades, etc, much more chance of permanent damage and secondary infection because of the wound pattern, more tearing than cutting.
I bet the worst would be one of those plastic butter knives since they're very dull and it would probably break into little pieces.

I bet the worst would be one of those plastic butter knives since they're very dull and it would probably break into little pieces.

You know what? I actually did cut myself with one of those a few months ago. Hurt like hell.

Back
Top Bottom