• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

My graduation present to Myself

cpgrad08

American
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
So on the 28th I will graduate with a B.A. in history so I decided to reward myself (still had to sell two guns) and got myself the Performance center 586 L-Comp from Smith and Wesson and also two tickets right behind home plate for the Seattle Mariners. :mrgreen:

https://imgur.com/a/TmWxt

Congrats on the degree, well done, and also for the nice looking revolver. Have fun at the game.

Very nice!!

You gave yourself a gun for graduation? Do you hate your major that much?

So on the 28th I will graduate with a B.A. in history so I decided to reward myself (still had to sell two guns) and got myself the Performance center 586 L-Comp from Smith and Wesson and also two tickets right behind home plate for the Seattle Mariners. :mrgreen:

Yes I recall my own S&W 357 daze.

Unless you are a county sheriff it is too big for you however.

This caliber was designed to shoot through cars at fleeing gangsters in Chicago.

You would be better off with a 9x19mm pistol in JHPs or a 45ACP for self defense. More bullets in your gun then.

You gave yourself a gun for graduation? Do you hate your major that much?

I think he means he reached his 21st birthday during his senior year and now that he is finishing college he is looking forward to a job -- probably teaching -- or maybe military officer. Lots of military officers have history degrees.

A friend of mine that I shoot with has the 586 L Comp. We both shoot with the .38+P. The trigger pull on his..... is much nicer than my Ruger SP101.

Nice buy!

Go Red Sox ;)

I think he means he reached his 21st birthday during his senior year and now that he is finishing college he is looking forward to a job -- probably teaching -- or maybe military officer. Lots of military officers have history degrees.
I'm 27 and I already served time in the military

This caliber was designed to shoot through cars at fleeing gangsters in Chicago.

You would be better off with a 9x19mm pistol in JHPs or a 45ACP for self defense. More bullets in your gun then.

My time in the Marine Corps has taught me did not like the 9 millimeter and when it comes to stopping power 357 Magnum is one the best

Congrats on your graduation. Thank you for your service.

I'm lovin' my new S&W M&P Shield .40.

I bought it for myself because, well, just because. :mrgreen:

Congrats on graduating, but I sure hope there isn't a connection between the two "gifts".

Greetings, cpgrad08. :2wave:

Congrats on your graduation! :thumbs: I graduated with a minor in history, and it was one of the most interesting series of courses I took. I prefer ancient history - 500 years minimum time passed from the present - so I'll never run out of things to study. :shock: What I have learned is that we haven't really changed all that much. . .we just got more modern in our ways to do ourselves in! :mrgreen:

Greetings, cpgrad08. :2wave:

Congrats on your graduation! :thumbs: I graduated with a minor in history, and it was one of the most interesting series of courses I took. I prefer ancient history - 500 years minimum time passed from the present - so I'll never run out of things to study. :shock: What I have learned is that we haven't really changed all that much. . .we just got more modern in our ways to do ourselves in! :mrgreen:

Greetings, polgara. :2wave:

My favorite was military and naval history !!

The battle of Kadesh between the Egyptians and Hittites is the first land battle in history (not counting the Iliad).

And the sea battle between the Athenians and Persians is the first naval.

Viet Nam was the latest when I was still in college, although since then there has been Iraq 1, Iraq 2, and lots of urban counterinsurgency.

It is fascinating to see how methods and trends changed over those 4 millennia.

Last edited:

Or one could just shoot .38's through it and still have the option for .357 when the mood takes you. Options are good.

Nice revolver... I love revolvers, lol.

A seven-shot .357 Magnum? Wow!

Revolvers don't jam.

Suggesting a shooting at the game is not humorous.

For some people, claiming in a single sentence that you bought yourself a gun and Mariners' tickets, behind home plate, deserved a bit of humour. Sorry you couldn't see it even after I specifically pointed it out to you.

For some people, claiming in a single sentence that you bought yourself a gun and Mariners' tickets, behind home plate, deserved a bit of humour. Sorry you couldn't see it even after I specifically pointed it out to you.

Sorry, you have a lame sense of Humor.

Back
Top Bottom