• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

My flatmate is getting back together with his evil Ex.

Wayne Jr

bis vincit qui se vincit
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
This is a rant. I will try to keep it short. I welcome your thoughts and feedback but knowing that you at least listened is enough. Thank you :)

I should say up front that, once upon a time, I was in a pinch when my former landlord evicted me over bed-bugs which I swear to Elune were not my fault, and I haven't had bed-bugs since leaving that apartment. Anyway, my friend from work, Sean, who's 13 years younger than I, offered me a room since he was breaking up with his girlfriend. Long-story-short: I moved in, there was a week of antler-crossing with me that she lost, and she was moved out by Sean. He owns the house and we have an informal agreement with no paperwork. I don't think that's immediately relevant, however it may be good background info regardless. Sean and I have the same sense of humor, interests and work schedule. He's been very accommodating to me and guests over the holiday and in return, I've performed a number of handyman jobs around the house (fixing plumbing, minor electrical problems, I provide physical therapy to his Pit Bull because that's something I know a thing or two about and the dog, Clyde, is responding very well).

So all is well and good for several months and because the trick to having a happy roommate situation is to never, ever let money become a problem. Things were stable and generally happy. We have disagreements or mild arguments as anyone living in close quarters do, but it was always respectful and never lead to drama.

Until now.

Sean denies it but he's getting back together with his ex, hereafter referred to as "DragonLady666". As I type this from my room, DragonLady666 shares his bed tonight.

Reasons DragonLady666 sucks:
  • Chain-smoker. I'm all about personal liberty but I think everyone should respect a common area. DragonLady666 fills the living room with, literally, 4ft of cigarette smoke.
  • DragonLady666 insists on being the center of attention, we can't even have people over for beers and play dice ("10,000" and D&D being the popular games) without her needing everyone to acknowledge her constantly.
  • Passive-agressive: DragonLady666 will sigh loudly if anyone is watching a show or talking about anything she's not interested in. Ignoring her leads to her stomping, literaly stomping across the floor to get a drink, then stomping back and throwing herself onto the couch. When that does't work, as it never does because I literaly have children of my own older than her who don't get away with half this ****, she turns on the waterworks and ofcoruse Sean supports her because, he says, she has a tight *****.
  • DragonLady666's family raised her to be a user of people, andDragonLady666 does use people.
  • DragonLady666 is cronicaly unemployed.
  • DragonLady666 never does, or did, any housework. Sean tells me DragonLady666 would let the dogs poo inside because DragonLady666 was to buisy watching Grey's Anatomy, and then DragonLady666 would bitch at Sean for them poo'ing inside when Sean got home.

I understand what Sean gets from DragonLady666: companionship, a sympathetic ear, laid. I understand. I'm also divorced and hardened against such nonsense.

I'm moving out. Not necessarily because of DragonLady666 but her reemergence in Sean's house, and thus my life, now absolutely accelerate my departure.

The funny thing is he still denies it, Sean still denies that he's getting back together with DragonLady666.

Don't lie to yourself, Sean. It's your life, you're free to make your own decisions, but as a friend....don't lie to yourself.

End of rant. Your thoughts and comments are welcome.

Last edited:
I think, instead of DragonLady666, she should be named Yoko.

Last edited:
This is a rant. I will try to keep it short. I welcome your thoughts and feedback but knowing that you at least listened is enough. Thank you :)

I should say up front that, once upon a time, I was in a pinch when my former landlord evicted me over bed-bugs which I swear to Elune were not my fault, and I haven't had bed-bugs since leaving that apartment. Anyway, my friend from work, Sean, who's 13 years younger than I, offered me a room since he was breaking up with his girlfriend. Long-story-short: I moved in, there was a week of antler-crossing with me that she lost, and she was moved out by Sean. He owns the house and we have an informal agreement with no paperwork. I don't think that's immediately relevant, however it may be good background info regardless. Sean and I have the same sense of humor, interests and work schedule. He's been very accommodating to me and guests over the holiday and in return, I've performed a number of handyman jobs around the house (fixing plumbing, minor electrical problems, I provide physical therapy to his Pit Bull because that's something I know a thing or two about and the dog, Clyde, is responding very well).

So all is well and good for several months and because the trick to having a happy roommate situation is to never, ever let money become a problem. Things were stable and generally happy. We have disagreements or mild arguments as anyone living in close quarters do, but it was always respectful and never lead to drama.

Until now.

Sean denies it but he's getting back together with his ex, hereafter referred to as "DragonLady666". As I type this from my room, DragonLady666 shares his bed tonight.

• Chain-smoker. I'm all about personal liberty but I think everyone should respect a common area. DragonLady666 fills the living room with, literally, 4ft of cigarette smoke.
  • DragonLady666 insists on being the center of attention, we can't even have people over for beers and play dice ("10,000" and D&D being the popular games) without her needing everyone to acknowledge her constantly.
  • Passive-agressive: DragonLady666 will sigh loudly if anyone is watching a show or talking about anything she's not interested in. Ignoring her leads to her stomping, literaly stomping across the floor to get a drink, then stomping back and throwing herself onto the couch. When that does't work, as it never does because I literaly have children of my own older than her who don't get away with half this ****, she turns on the waterworks and ofcoruse Sean supports her because, he says, she has a tight *****.
  • DragonLady666's family raised her to be a user of people, andDragonLady666 does use people.
  • DragonLady666 never does, or did, any housework. Sean tells me DragonLady666 would let the dogs poo inside because DragonLady666 was to buisy watching Grey's Anatomy, and then DragonLady666 would bitch at Sean for them poo'ing inside when Sean got home.

I understand what Sean gets from DragonLady666: companionship, a sympathetic ear, laid. I understand. I'm also divorced and hardened against such nonsense.

I'm moving out. Not necessarily because of DragonLady666 but her reemergence in Sean's house, and those my life, now absolutely accelerate my departure.

The funny thing is he still denies it, Sean still denies that he's getting back together with DragonLady666.

Don't lie to yourself, Sean. It's your life, you're free to make your own decisions, but as a friend....don't lie to yourself.

1) Getting laid is nonsense you say? You maybe should do a rethink there.

2) We are colossal liars now.

3) We used to be better.

1) Getting laid is nonsense you say? You maybe should do a rethink there.

2) We are colossal liars now.

3) We used to be better.

Sean is a player. After his breakup with...Yoko (formerly known as DragonLady666)...he had a girl from his second job over for the night. Getting laid is not a problem for him which only contributes to my frustration over his choice to get back with Yoko.

….I understand what Sean gets from DragonLady666: companionship, a sympathetic ear, laid. I understand. I'm also divorced and hardened against such nonsense.

I'm moving out. Not necessarily because of DragonLady666 but her reemergence in Sean's house, and thus my life, now absolutely accelerate my departure.

Well, I am sorry to say this, but it is HIS life and relationship not yours. Everything else you've said about her and how bad she is (sorry to be blunt) is just "white noise" around your own issues with them being together.

The best thing to do is what you've decided to do, which is to move out to a place of your own, and let him deal with his relationship.

Then you can be a friendly "ear" for his complaints and give advice (if asked) without her being able to say YOU and HE are co-dependent; thereby allowing HER to use YOU as a foil against his possible concerns over their relationship problems.

That's my 2-cents anyway.

Last edited:

Until now.

Sounds like you need a new place to live, bud...hehe... This gonna turn out like "Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!" … :lol:

Until now.

Get out, Stay out, learn from experience and stay away from dragons (Yokos) ….he is heading toward regret and you should have no part of it.

I see - yes, she destroyed the Beatles - in a way.

Until now.

There's the root of the situation. Your room mate needs to understand the advantages of "hit it and quit it". You should explain the advantages of only seeing her once every couple of months and CERTAINLY don't live with her.

There's the root of the situation. Your roommate needs to understand the advantages of "hit it and quit it". You should explain the advantages of only seeing her once every couple of months and CERTAINLY don't live with her.

Update, it's been a year...

My flatmate, Sean, immediately regretted getting back together with DragonLady666 but he's a softy so it took a couple of weeks for him to finally kick her out. But he DID kick her out. Now he's with a girl he's known for a while and she's been very good for him so far.

Of course, that means he and I don't get to hang out like we used to, women have a way of interfering with their man's friendships, but it's whatever at this point. I'll be moving in a few months anyway.

Back
Top Bottom