• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

My First White House Petition: Obama Give Putin Your Nobel Peace Prize

So, do you think so badly of Obama that you haven't considered that Putin was just being Obama's tool? Until Obama seemed to be serious about attacking Syria, Putin didn't say a word about the CWs. After the threat, Assad admitted what he had and Putin offered to confiscate it.

So, maybe Obama can keep his peace prize?

Obama went against the will of his people and promoted war, and that is not peace. Putin gave obama an out, and thus created an opportunity for peace. Far more than obama ever did in getting his nobel peace prize don't you think?

So, do you think so badly of Obama that you haven't considered that Putin was just being Obama's tool? Until Obama seemed to be serious about attacking Syria, Putin didn't say a word about the CWs. After the threat, Assad admitted what he had and Putin offered to confiscate it.

So, maybe Obama can keep his peace prize?

All that has actually happened in Syria as a result of the Obama plan or the Putin plan is exactly NOTHING. Perhaps we should wait and see what, if anything, actually happens as far as chemical weapons in Syria are concerned.

Obama went against the will of his people and promoted war, and that is not peace. Putin gave obama an out, and thus created an opportunity for peace. Far more than obama ever did in getting his nobel peace prize don't you think?

There are less that 10 people on the entire planet, no, the entire galaxy that understand why Obama got a Nobel Peace Prize. I don't even think Obama himself is one of them. So, to try to grok the events themselves, let's leave out this meaningless peace prize.

There is no doubt that Obama threatened war (vs. Syria). There is no doubt that he has/had little support for this "war" or any other war that does not specifically theaten America itself. We've worn out our war enthusiasm.

But it is still Obama's job to achieve some kind of resolution in global matters. It's hard to completely ignore the antics of Assad and his nation of loonies. So, Obama was wellk within the scope of his job to request that we conduct strikes against Syria. He (for once) wasn't secretive about it. He (for once) actually approached Congress for approval. He took his "case" to the "American People". The (seeming) fact that most people, from all political spectrums, are not supportive of engaging in another pointless war even though there (purportedly) was a massacre of civilians using (in OUR opinion) illegal weaponry.

As a consequence of this, we have offered Russia a chance to "put their money where their mouth is". Russia is an important country, economically, politically and militarily. It is a good thing for them to be helpful as opposed to obstructionist. Good for them coincides with good for us.

Now, I can not foresee the future because the cats knocked my crystal ball off the altar and it is stuck behind the bookshelves along with 3 catnip mice. But I hope that this actually goes through. That Russia, on their own dime, takes control of these weapons and uses them as a Vodka supplement or destroys them. There is real hope for this because usually Dictators deny the weaponry and in this case Assad has admitted possession and has clearly offered to cooperate.

So, in fairness, Obama has not failed. He has succeeded and we all should be damn glad about this. If the Nobel Peace Idiots Committee wants to give Putin a peace prize, I'm all for it. If this does not follow through, then we can see who does what to whom and we can decide if we have failure or achievement.

You crack me up. You really do.

Paragraph one - you agree with me.
Paragraph two - you agree with me
Paragraph three - you delve into world police league of which I just don't want to be a part of.
Paragraph four - you agree with me
Paragraph five - we agree but its not what I have presented you did, such a visionary
Paragraph six I disagree obama succeeded because this was not what obama set out to do.

Come on Speck there is enough agreement there you can sign :)

There are less that 10 people on the entire planet, no, the entire galaxy that understand why Obama got a Nobel Peace Prize. I don't even think Obama himself is one of them. So, to try to grok the events themselves, let's leave out this meaningless peace prize.

There is no doubt that Obama threatened war (vs. Syria). There is no doubt that he has/had little support for this "war" or any other war that does not specifically theaten America itself. We've worn out our war enthusiasm.

But it is still Obama's job to achieve some kind of resolution in global matters. It's hard to completely ignore the antics of Assad and his nation of loonies. So, Obama was wellk within the scope of his job to request that we conduct strikes against Syria. He (for once) wasn't secretive about it. He (for once) actually approached Congress for approval. He took his "case" to the "American People". The (seeming) fact that most people, from all political spectrums, are not supportive of engaging in another pointless war even though there (purportedly) was a massacre of civilians using (in OUR opinion) illegal weaponry.

As a consequence of this, we have offered Russia a chance to "put their money where their mouth is". Russia is an important country, economically, politically and militarily. It is a good thing for them to be helpful as opposed to obstructionist. Good for them coincides with good for us.

Now, I can not foresee the future because the cats knocked my crystal ball off the altar and it is stuck behind the bookshelves along with 3 catnip mice. But I hope that this actually goes through. That Russia, on their own dime, takes control of these weapons and uses them as a Vodka supplement or destroys them. There is real hope for this because usually Dictators deny the weaponry and in this case Assad has admitted possession and has clearly offered to cooperate.

So, in fairness, Obama has not failed. He has succeeded and we all should be damn glad about this. If the Nobel Peace Idiots Committee wants to give Putin a peace prize, I'm all for it. If this does not follow through, then we can see who does what to whom and we can decide if we have failure or achievement.

You crack me up. You really do.

Paragraph one - you agree with me.
Paragraph two - you agree with me
Paragraph three - you delve into world police league of which I just don't want to be a part of.
Paragraph four - you agree with me
Paragraph five - we agree but its not what I have presented you did, such a visionary
Paragraph six I disagree obama succeeded because this was not what obama set out to do.

Come on Speck there is enough agreement there you can sign

Paragraph one - you agree with me.√
Paragraph two - you agree with me*√
•••No, I'm not favoring world police (AMERICA - **** YEAH!) but I'm not favoring isolationism either. Sopmething in between seems most logical.
Paragraph four - you agree with me √
Paragraph five - we agree but its not what I have presented you did, such a visionary √√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√√+√√√√√√√=
•••What did Obama set out to do? AFAIK, his role and responsibility was to achieve a solution so we could act as decided and move on. So, if there is no further CW usage, there is no way to credit or not-credit Obama per se. But I prefer to credit him (at these low prices). Why? He's my president. If good stuff happens, that's good for me too. Especially since there is no 3rd term involved. I hope EVERYTHING Obama does from this moment on is genius.

Come on Speck there is enough agreement there you can sign :)
Good sign for a brothel. "WE CRACK YOU UP"

Back
Top Bottom