• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

My first born daughter is getting married next fall

I love her to death. Our relationship is strong.

She tasked me with choosing a father/daughter dance song.

I have been thinking about this.

Question: After I have made a selection, do I share that with her? or does she find out at the reception? I have never thought of this before so I do not know what is the 'norm'

Any songs that you think to suggest will be appreciated and listened to.

That's great news.... Congratulations to you both. :)

I don't have a suggestion about what song to play.... but I do have one for what not to play. *L*

I used to DJ weddings back in the day and one time I had a particularly fast-talking bride call me up to book her wedding. So when I asked her what she wanted for her first dance, she told me she wanted any song by John Denver. I asked her if she was sure... John Denver had lots of good first-dance songs - I named off a few suggestions for her.... but she was adamant - she wanted any song by John Denver. Big John Denver fan, I guess.

So anyway... the wedding reception comes and I've got the John Denver song cued up and ready to go - I think it was "Evergreen".... so I introduce Mr. and Mrs. X..... and then hit play and a few bars into the song the Bride stops in the middle of the song, storms up to me, screaming her head off. *L* Yuppp..... Gotta say, standing there having a couple of hundred people staring daggers at me probably wasn't the highlight of my life. Turns out the song she wanted was "Annie's Song" by John Denver. Ooopps. :3oops:

Sooooo.... all I can advise is if your daughter's name happens to be Annie, tell her to make sure to talk extra slowly.

I love her to death. Our relationship is strong.

She tasked me with choosing a father/daughter dance song.

I have been thinking about this.

Question: After I have made a selection, do I share that with her? or does she find out at the reception? I have never thought of this before so I do not know what is the 'norm'

Below is the song that I am thinking of - lots of time to change my mind though.

Any songs that you think to suggest will be appreciated and listened to.

I dunno... Bridge Over Troubled Water is a pretty dark song. Did you and her have a rocky relationship? If it's always been good, maybe a more positive, bright song? Maybe something like; You Light UP My Life?

Back
Top Bottom