• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

My Favorite George Dumbya Bush "Quote's"

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
For more check out http://supak.com/bush.htm

"I'm the master of low expectations."—Aboard Air Force One, June 4,

"Security is the essential roadblock to achieving the road map to
peace."—Washington, D.C., July 25, 2003

"It's evolutionary, going from governor to president, and this is a
significant step, to be able to vote for yourself on the ballot, and
I'll be able to do so next fall, I hope."—Interview with the
Associated Press, March 8, 2000

"I think we need not only to eliminate the tollbooth to the middle
class, I think we should knock down the tollbooth."—Nashua, N.H., as
quoted in the New York Times, Feb. 1, 2000

"This is Preservation Month. I appreciate preservation. It's what
you do when you run for president. You gotta preserve."—Speaking
during "PERSEVERENCE Month" at Fairgrounds Elementary School in
Nashua, N.H. As quoted in the Los Angeles Times, Jan. 28, 2000

On Osama Bin Laden:

"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is
our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him." —
9/13/01

"I want justice...There's an old poster out West, as I recall, that
said, 'Wanted: Dead or Alive,'" —9/17/01

6 months later:

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't
care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."—3/13/02

"I am truly not that concerned about him."—3/13/02

"I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about
him."—3/13/02

"Uhh—Gosh, I —don't think I ever said I'm not worried about Osama
bin Laden. It's kind of one of those, uhh, exaggerations." — Tempe,
AZ, 10/13/2004

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"—Florence,
S.C., Jan. 11, 2000

"I glance at the headlines just to kind of get a flavor for what's
moving. I rarely read the stories, and get briefed by people who are
probably read the news themselves."—Washington, D.C., Sept. 21, 2003

"The important question is, How many hands have I shaked?"—Answering
a question about why he hasn't spent more time in New Hampshire, in
the New York Times, Oct. 23, 1999

"I think anybody who doesn't think I'm smart enough to handle the
job is underestimating."—U.S. News & World Report, April 3, 2000

"I understand small business growth. I was one."—New York Daily
News, Feb. 19, 2000

"I thought how proud I am to be standing up beside my dad. Never did
it occur to me that he would become the gist for cartoonists."—ibid

"See, free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack
each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass
destruction."—Milwaukee, Wis., Oct. 3, 2003

"I was raised in the West. The west of Texas. It's pretty close to
California. In more ways than Washington, D.C., is close to
California."—In Los Angeles as quoted by the Los Angeles Times,
April 8, 2000

"Actually, I...this may sound a little West Texan to you, but I like
it. When I'm talking about...when I'm talking about myself, and when
he's talking about myself, all of us are talking about me."—ibid

BUSH: "First of all, Cinco de Mayo is not the independence day.
That's dieciseis de Septiembre, and ..." MATTHEWS: "What's that in
English?" BUSH: "Fifteenth of September." (Dieciseis de Septiembre =
Sept. 16)—Hardball, MSNBC, May 31, 2000

"The fundamental question is, 'Will I be a successful president when
it comes to foreign policy?' I will be, but until I'm the president,
it's going to be hard for me to verify that I think I'll be more
effective."—Wayne, Mich., June 28, 2000

"I do remain confident in Linda. She'll make a fine labor secretary.
From what I've read in the press accounts, she's perfectly
qualified."—Austin, Texas, Jan. 8, 2001

"I appreciate that question because I, in the state of Texas, had
heard a lot of discussion about a faith-based initiative eroding the
important bridge between church and state."—January 29, 2001

"Our nation must come together to unite."—Tampa, Fla., June 4, 2001

"We spent a lot of time talking about Africa, as we should. Africa
is a nation that suffers from incredible disease."—GW Bush,
Gothenburg, Sweden, June 14, 2001 (Africa is not a nation)

''I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I
believe and what I believe—I believe what I believe is right."—Rome,
July 22, 2001

"Do you have blacks, too?"—To Brazilian President Fernando Cardoso,
Washington, D.C., Nov. 8, 2001

"And so, in my State of the—my State of the Union—or state—my speech
to the nation, whatever you want to call it, speech to the nation—I
asked Americans to give 4,000 years—4,000 hours over the next—the
rest of your life—of service to America. That's what I asked—4,000
hours." —Bridgeport, Conn., April 9, 2002

"There may be some tough times here in America. But this country has
gone through tough times before, and we're going to do it
again."—Waco, Texas, Aug. 13, 2002

"I think the American people—I hope the American–I don't think, let
me—I hope the American people trust me."—Washington, D.C., Dec. 18,

"I think war is a dangerous place."—Washington, D.C., May 7, 2003

"First, let me make it very clear, poor people aren't necessarily
killers. Just because you happen to be not rich doesn't mean you're
willing to kill."—Washington, D.C., May 19, 2003

"We had a good Cabinet meeting, talked about a lot of issues. Secretary of State and Defense brought us up to date about our
desires to spread freedom and peace around the world."—Washington,
D.C., Aug. 1, 2003

"The ambassador and the general were briefing me on the—the vast
majority of Iraqis want to live in a peaceful, free world. And we
will find these people and we will bring them to
justice."—Washington, D.C., Oct. 27, 2003

Considering that this has nothing to do with the war on terror, I'll ask you before I move it on my own.

Do you want this to be in "The Basement" or "On the Lighter Side"?

/flameon

There are several quotes.
Most of them come during a time in the Clinton administration when decisions were being made about action against Saddam Hussein and amid concerns about weapons of mass destruction.

We'll take them one at a time.

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

This was a quote from President Clinton during a presentation at the Pentagon defending a decision to conduct military strikes against Iraq.

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
President Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

Bill Clinton went to the Pentagon on this occasion to be briefed by top military officials about Iraq and weapons of mass destruction.
His remarks followed that briefing.

"Iraq is a long way from USA but, what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

This is a quote from Albright during an appearance at Ohio State University by Albright, who was Secretary of State for Bill Clinton.

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

This was at the same Ohio State University appearance as Madeline Albright.

"We urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S.Constitution and Laws, to take necessary actions, (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction
programs."
Letter to President Clinton, signed by Sens. Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others Oct. 9, 1998

According to the U.S. Senate website, the text of this letter was signed by several Senators, both Democrat and Republican, including Senator John McCain and Joseph Lieberman.

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

The text of this statement by Nancy Pelosi is posted on her congressional website.

"Hussein has .. chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

This was from an appearance Albright made in Chicago. She was addressing the embargo of Iraq that was in effect at the time and criticism that it may have prevented needed medical supplies from getting into the country. Albright said, "There has never been an embargo against food and medicine. It's just that Hussein has just not chosen to spend his money on that. Instead, he has chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction, and palaces for his cronies."

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has invigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue a pace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
Letter to President Bush, Signed by Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL,) and others, December 5, 2001

The only letter with this quote from December 5, 2001 that we could find did not include the participation of Senator Bob Graham, but it was signed nine other senators including Democrat Joe Lieberman.
It urged President Bush to take quicker action against Iraq.

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandated of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and the means of delivering them."
Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

These were remarks from Senator Levin to a Senate committee on that date.

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

This and the quote below was part of prepared remarks for a speech in San Francisco to The Commonwealth Club.

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002
Part of a speech he gave at Johns Hopkins.

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

On the floor of the Senate during debate over the resolution that would authorize using force against Iraq. He was urging caution about going to war and commented that even though there was confidence about the weapons in Iraq, there had not been the need to take military action for a number of years and he asked why there would be the need at that point.

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force-- if necessary-- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

Senator Kerry's comments were made to the Senate as part of the same debate over the resolution to use force against Saddam Hussein.

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

Senator Rockefeller's statements were a part of the debate over using force against Saddam Hussein.

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do"
Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

Senator Waxman's contribution to the Senate debate over going to war.

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including Al Qaeda members. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002
Senator Clinton acknowledged the threat of Saddam Hussein but said she did not feel that using force at that time was a good option.

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his
continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction. So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real ..."
Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan.23.2003

In a speech to Georgetown University.

:lol:

Even more evidence that the leftist elites just want your votes... and tax money. Is it any wonder that many of them seem to be on the most popular side of the issue? Even if it contradicts statements by them earlier? One quote comes to mind:
"I voted for the $87 billion for the troops, before I voted against it."
John (F!!) Kerry

The Democrats nominated Kerry (pro-war) over the anti-war candidate, Howard Dean. Then, all of a sudden, when popularity ratings for the war falter, Kerry magically switches sides (anti-war). It's just... confusing. Which is probably why he didn't get elected. At least you know where Bush is coming from.

Anyway, Bush isn't the only one who messes up quotes. So don't say he is stupid just because hey, he said that wrong! If you think that is qualification for stupidity, everybody must be pretty stupid!

Last edited:
Gandhi>Bush said:
Considering that this has nothing to do with the war on terror, I'll ask you before I move it on my own.

Do you want this to be in "The Basement" or "On the Lighter Side"?

whatever you choose...I really don't care. Actually i just put it in the wrong spot. This site is pretty hard core! You guys get in a rift about the littlest things...I guess we don't want to offend anyone, huh?

GeorgeDumbyaBush said:
whatever you choose...I really don't care. Actually i just put it in the wrong spot. This site is pretty hard core! You guys get in a rift about the littlest things...I guess we don't want to offend anyone, huh?

Yes. I pledge allegience, to queen France, and her mighty state of Hysteria. And to the... Wait a sec, this isn't politically correct!!! I might be offending someone!! I'M DOOMED! Whatever shall I do while I wait for the Thought Police to snipe me! :lol:

Nez Dragon said:
/flameon

There are several quotes.
Most of them come during a time in the Clinton administration when decisions were being made about action against Saddam Hussein and amid concerns about weapons of mass destruction.

We'll take them one at a time.

:lol:

Even more evidence that the leftist elites just want your votes... and tax money. Is it any wonder that many of them seem to be on the most popular side of the issue? Even if it contradicts statements by them earlier? One quote comes to mind:

The Democrats nominated Kerry (pro-war) over the anti-war candidate, Howard Dean. Then, all of a sudden, when popularity ratings for the war falter, Kerry magically switches sides (anti-war). It's just... confusing. Which is probably why he didn't get elected. At least you know where Bush is coming from.

Anyway, Bush isn't the only one who messes up quotes. So don't say he is stupid just because hey, he said that wrong! If you think that is qualification for stupidity, everybody must be pretty stupid!

The problem with your quotes is people are making statements...most of them as to why we should go to war, or the belief in WMD. My quotes are down right hilarious, and are of a man that cannot speak at all. You can attack people for being Democratic, but you can't make fun of a man for being incompetent??? I also love how Bush speaks about Bin Laden being the number one priority, and 6 months later trying to take those statements back:

AZ, 10/13/2004

Nez Dragon said:
Yes. I pledge allegience, to queen France, and her mighty state of Hysteria. And to the... Wait a sec, this isn't politically correct!!! I might be offending someone!! I'M DOOMED! Whatever shall I do while I wait for the Thought Police to snipe me! :lol:

what the hell are you talking about? you make as much sense as Bush trying to give a speech on Skittles..."Well I'll tell ya, their good...real good." "In fact, I like the little green ones the best," "They melt in you mouth not in your--", "oh wait, that's m&m's", "those are pretty good too aren't they" "come on boys, let's go get that oil!!"

GeorgeDumbyaBush said:

I sense a potential for this thread heading in a flaming of George Bush. It doesn't have anything to do with the War on Terror. People looking to make fun of Bush won't look here anyway.

Going to the Basement.

GeorgeDumbyaBush said:
The problem with your quotes is people are making statements...most of them as to why we should go to war, or the belief in WMD.

You posted on the War on Terror forums, hmm?

My quotes are down right hilarious, and are of a man that cannot speak at all.

If he can't speak at all, then how do you get these quotes?

You can attack people for being Democratic, but you can't make fun of a man for being incompetent???

When did I ever make fun of Democrats? My attacks are on the Left, not the Dems. Big difference. And if it's a question of competence, I would say that, while Bush hasn't done some stuff right, at least he isn't a wishy-washy flipflopping France loving whacko like Kerry.

I also love how Bush speaks about Bin Laden being the number one priority, and 6 months later trying to take those statements back:

AZ, 10/13/2004

"I don't think I ever said I'm not worried about Osama"

He is saying he has never said Osama wasn't a threat, i.e. he says Osama is a threat. He isn't trying to take back anything. It doesn't mean what you think it means, which is "I never said Osama is a threat". It is the opposite of that.
I'm interested to hear what the question he got asked was (since this is most likely an answer).

What, do you expect that every politician should have spotless grammar and never pause in their speech? People say "um" and "uh" a lot... it's nothing new.

GeorgeDumbyaBush said:
what the hell are you talking about?

No clue. I don't know where it came from, and it won't let me delete it.

"come on boys, let's go get that oil!!"

Fact time!!!!

In 2004 Iraq exported 1.48 million barrels of oil per day, and produced 2.03 million barrels of oil a day. I will estimate the price of a barrel at $60 (on the high side). 1,480,000 barrels times $60 equals $88.8 million a day in exports. For one year, Iraq exports an approximate total of 32.4 billion dollars worth of oil. The full production worth is $43 billion. We have spent about $200 billion in Iraq over two years. In a hypothetical situation, Iraq would recieve about 30% of the export money, and the supposedly greedy Americans would take the rest. $32.4 billion times 70% is $22.7 billion. The ratio of that is 23 billion earned, 100 billion spent in one year. Even a four year old can see the massive offset. For every hypothetical $30 billion or so we earn a year from the Iraqi oil, we spend $100 billion. You cannot possibly be that stupid and be president for two consecutive terms.

When I brought up this argument once before, someone said that it was the oil that mattered. Well, it's one hell of a price that we're paying for it. It would be far cheaper to just buy all of the oil on the market.

Back
Top Bottom