• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

My dog has a groomer, what should I do?

bongsaway

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Before this last year can anyone recall the folks on the right accusing the dems of being groomers? Sure we've heard the right gripe about 'fags' and 'lesboes' for decades, but groomers?

How frigging stupid or should I say willfully ignorant and petty does a person have to be to try to demonize disney after all these years of their existence? Mickey and Minnie are now the bad guys?

How frigging stupid or should I say willfully ignorant and petty does a person have to be to try to demonize disney after all these years of their existence? Mickey and Minnie are now the bad guys?
Disney has been anti-LGBTQ for decades and lobbied for the "Don't Say Gay Bill". Disney has been a shit anti-competitive company for decades that has a long history of union busting. **** Disney.

Before this last year can anyone recall the folks on the right accusing the dems of being groomers? Sure we've heard the right gripe about 'fags' and 'lesboes' for decades, but groomers?

To anyone paying attention Disney has been doing this a long time and people have been calling them out on it for quite a while.

Even South Park did an episode about it in 2009

Groomers this year. Who knows what next? The Right is now complaining that a Monarch Butterfly center in TX is being used for trafficking children for sexual abuse. You can't make this stuff up or foresee what will be next. These people will soon be running the country. As if they aren't now.

Disney "grooms" little girls by their cartoons of Minnie not wearing a blouse. Maybe DeSantis can pass a law to ban those cartoons in the highly culturally child protective state of FL. Protect your children from Mickey (often does not wear a shirt) and Minnie Mouse. Vote Republican.

I’ve been to Disneyworld three times since the mid 1970s. The first two were consecutive years, 73-74, iirc. The park was only just recently opened. There was a parking lot and then a ferry ride over a man-made lagoon to get to the park. I noticed that the place wasn’t as well maintained the second year we went. There was more trash and cigarette butts than the first time. They had staff that had the small brooms and hinged dustpans, they just weren’t as prevelant. I was in my early twenties then. The last time was maybe twelve years ago. The ferry boat ride was gone and the ticket book was gone as well. Early Disney issued a ticket book with tickets marked A-E. The E-ticket rides were the most popular and you could purchase extra tickets if you needed more. There used to be a phrase that compared a desirable event to an “E-ticket ride.”

The business side of the park was much more apparent on the last visit. There was a price on everything. I went down to the hotel convenience store and got a six-pack of beer and I was astounded at the mark-up. The park wasn’t as carefree in the last visit and it was apparent that this was all about revenue. The first times, we were younger and less jaded. WEe may have missed the “about the money” aspect the first times. To be fair, everything related to business, has become more obviously about the money. Maybe an illusion, but we used to disguise the hunt for money better.

There were stories that made the news in the years between visits. The one that stuck with me was that the employees that dressed as Disney characters, had to “hot bunk” the costumes….eew, just eew!

The one thing that still impressed me was the monorail that passes through the lobby of one of the resort hotels. Still there 40 years later.
1650716903981.jpeg

Disney has been anti-LGBTQ for decades and lobbied for the "Don't Say Gay Bill". Disney has been a shit anti-competitive company for decades that has a long history of union busting. **** Disney.

To anyone paying attention Disney has been doing this a long time and people have been calling them out on it for quite a while.

Even South Park did an episode about it in 2009
What am I missing here?

Groomers this year. Who knows what next? The Right is now complaining that a Monarch Butterfly center in TX is being used for trafficking children for sexual abuse. You can't make this stuff up or foresee what will be next. These people will soon be running the country. As if they aren't now.

Disney "grooms" little girls by their cartoons of Minnie not wearing a blouse. Maybe DeSantis can pass a law to ban those cartoons in the highly culturally child protective state of FL. Protect your children from Mickey (often does not wear a shirt) and Minnie Mouse. Vote Republican.
If you don't think little kids don't pick up ideas from Disney characters then you are in denial.

What am I missing here?
Well leftists have hated Disney for a long time because they are the stereotypical example of liberal corporate pandering while materially being a horrible company. In addition they have a long history of being anti-competitive and anti-worker. Like, it’s hilarious to me that DeSantis is mad at them for making public pro-LGBTQ statements when materially they contributed to and supported his bill.

I’ve been to Disneyworld three times since the mid 1970s. The first two were consecutive years, 73-74, iirc. The park was only just recently opened. There was a parking lot and then a ferry ride over a man-made lagoon to get to the park. I noticed that the place wasn’t as well maintained the second year we went. There was more trash and cigarette butts than the first time. They had staff that had the small brooms and hinged dustpans, they just weren’t as prevelant. I was in my early twenties then. The last time was maybe twelve years ago. The ferry boat ride was gone and the ticket book was gone as well. Early Disney issued a ticket book with tickets marked A-E. The E-ticket rides were the most popular and you could purchase extra tickets if you needed more. There used to be a phrase that compared a desirable event to an “E-ticket ride.”

The business side of the park was much more apparent on the last visit. There was a price on everything. I went down to the hotel convenience store and got a six-pack of beer and I was astounded at the mark-up. The park wasn’t as carefree in the last visit and it was apparent that this was all about revenue. The first times, we were younger and less jaded. WEe may have missed the “about the money” aspect the first times. To be fair, everything related to business, has become more obviously about the money. Maybe an illusion, but we used to disguise the hunt for money better.

There were stories that made the news in the years between visits. The one that stuck with me was that the employees that dressed as Disney characters, had to “hot bunk” the costumes….eew, just eew!

The one thing that still impressed me was the monorail that passes through the lobby of one of the resort hotels. Still there 40 years later.
View attachment 67387021
Rex, you would have never made it as a submariner.

Rex, you would have never made it as a submariner.
The German U Boat service, during WW2, has always been a topic of interest for me. They were much smaller and more confining in that time. You’re right, I wouldn’t last long. Me and the missus toured the U-995 in northern Germany aa few years back, too tight and there were noe engines running then.
One of my cousins was a boomer commander, other side of the family….

The German U Boat service, during WW2, has always been a topic of interest for me. They were much smaller and more confining in that time. You’re right, I wouldn’t last long. Me and the missus toured the U-995 in northern Germany aa few years back, too tight and there were noe engines running then.
One of my cousins was a boomer commander, other side of the family….
I too am interested in ww2. I toured the USS Pampanito in san francisco. I have to say it was the most amazing piece of machinery one can live in. One toilet and one shower for I think forty something guys. Talk about hot bunking.

If you don't think little kids don't pick up ideas from Disney characters then you are in denial.
Like having a man save you and then kiss you without your consent?

I too am interested in ww2. I toured the USS Pampanito in san francisco. I have to say it was the most amazing piece of machinery one can live in. One toilet and one shower for I think forty something guys. Talk about hot bunking.
The later German boats had 2 latrines, outbound one was full of provisions. I can’t imagine the hygiene and the smells. The food had to absorb diesel, sweat and humidity.

The U Boat arm lost about 70% of the men who put to sea.

The later German boats had 2 latrines, outbound one was full of provisions. I can’t imagine the hygiene and the smells. The food had to absorb diesel, sweat and humidity.

The U Boat arm lost about 70% of the men who put to sea.
It sure woulda' made me want to run and jump into one.

That might depend on what Queen Margo means.
In either case, Disney has never been a great company and I just hope they don’t screw up Star Wars or Marvel

In either case, Disney has never been a great company and I just hope they don’t screw up Star Wars or Marvel
You're too late on the Star Wars thing. The last 3 movies were shit. In fact, they never should have been made PERIOD. But they are [very] slowly making up for it with the Boba Fett thing and The Mandalorian.

Back
Top Bottom