• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

My dog has a groomer, what should I do?

My point was that if Disney pushes a certain look, style, dress, attitude, whatever, kids will emulate it. Good grief, is this so hard to grasp?
It's crazy right! All of these kids going home from a day at disney wearing mouse ears. Next one of them will want to write a book and call it Of mice and men. Disney is grooming our kids to become mice. How dare they!!!

If you don't think little kids don't pick up ideas from Disney characters then you are in denial.
I know right. All of those kids wearing mouse ears and the parents with disney stickers on their vehicles, it's sickening to every whaco in the country.

I know right. All of those kids wearing mouse ears and the parents with disney stickers on their vehicles, it's sickening to every whaco in the country.
I know right, like all those kids playing cowboy and Indian. Yet the left can't tolerate that!

What ideas do they pick up? And be specific and use examples.

This is a rhetorical question, of course. There is a zero percent likelihood of you answering it directly because you can't.
Here's a specific example. Kids wearing mouse ears. Disney is grooming our kids to become mice.

Have you never heard or seen a kid who did not want to dress up like a Disney character? How many little girls want to wear princess outfits, or any of the many characters.
And just how long have little girls been dressing up as princesses or wearing mom's shoes and makeup? How dare they use their imaginations? It's almost criminal.

And just how long have little girls been dressing up as princesses or wearing mom's shoes and makeup? How dare they use their imaginations? It's almost criminal.
How will they dress up like princesses if we can't call them princesses anymore?

My point was that if Disney pushes a certain look, style, dress, attitude, whatever, kids will emulate it. Good grief, is this so hard to grasp?
What the heck is wrong with these kids. When I was a kid we played cowboys and indians and I killed plenty of indians in my day. When I wasn't playing that I was playing with my army men, killing everything in sight. Again I repeat, what the heck is wrong with today's kids wanting to wear mouse ears and dress like princesses?

What the heck is wrong with these kids. When I was a kid we played cowboys and indians and I killed plenty of indians in my day. When I wasn't playing that I was playing with my army men, killing everything in sight. Again I repeat, what the heck is wrong with today's kids wanting to wear mouse ears and dress like princesses?
Nothing wrong with it in MY opinion. Same with cowboys and Indians, they should be able to play that as well without the PC BS

You miss the point again!
No queenie, you are missing the point. The outrage from the right is crazy. Trying to make disney the bad guy because they spoke out about DeSantis' move to punish them. Disney is the bad guy and government overreaching their authority is the good guy. Maybe this kind of thinking is why the gop is shrinking?

No queenie, you are missing the point. The outrage from the right is crazy. Trying to make disney the bad guy because they spoke out about DeSantis' move to punish them. Disney is the bad guy and government overreaching their authority is the good guy. Maybe this kind of thinking is why the gop is shrinking?
Disney should pay "their fair share"

Disney has been anti-LGBTQ for decades and lobbied for the "Don't Say Gay Bill". Disney has been a shit anti-competitive company for decades that has a long history of union busting. **** Disney.
that's why this bill is so great. it screws disney, and it screws the state of florida at the same time.

That emulating princesses is bad for the self image of little girls because it creates a false expectation as they enter adulthood? I can get on board with that, though I think Florida Republicans’ response was disproportionate to the problem.
How about we just kids be kids, they after all do not think like adults. I don't want to see anyone trying to kill off their imaginations at such an early age.

Makes perfect sense to me, because when you want to characterize half the country in dehumanizing terms like "GROOMERS", you naturally want to have an armed paramilitary domestic terrorism unit as the tip of the spear.
That's how Hitler did it w/Brownshirts!

Forget it, they don't get the similarities, let me rephrase, they won't recognize the similarities. Willful ignorance.

How about we just kids be kids, they after all do not think like adults. I don't want to see anyone trying to kill off their imaginations at such an early age.
Well, here I beg to differ. I don't want any drag queen grooming my kid!

Well the GOPhers look like they are protecting kids from something Just as long as it doesn't have anything to do with gun violence
We have a winner. Sadly it's so true. Their second amendment rights supercede the right to life.

Does that actually happen, anyplace? Sounds like a huge piece of paranoid rhetoric , trying to make a problem up where none exists.

How will they dress up like princesses if we can't call them princesses anymore?
I'm calling the princess police, you used the word twice in the same sentence while complaining you can't call them princesses.

You are in charge of how your kid is raised. If you don't want drag queens to be a part of that, fine.

What more do you want?

Nothing wrong with it in MY opinion. Same with cowboys and Indians, they should be able to play that as well without the PC BS
What pc bs, the kind in your head? From what I can see on amazon, it's looks like the free markets at work, not pc bs. Let me help lift one of your worries.

Back
Top Bottom