• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

My dog has a groomer, what should I do?

Like having a man save you and then kiss you without your consent?
Perhaps that is where all the "me too" stuff originated? They thought acceptable until they didn't. Thanks Disney!

Perhaps that is where all the "me too" stuff originated? They thought acceptable until they didn't. Thanks Disney!
It originated from a lot of people being assholes for multiple generations and women getting tired of their shit

It originated from a lot of people being assholes for multiple generations and women getting tired of their shit
Yeah, a lot of those Hollywood actresses were fine with the "casting couch" while they were waitresses. After they got successful, then they wanted to cry foul.

Before this last year can anyone recall the folks on the right accusing the dems of being groomers? Sure we've heard the right gripe about 'fags' and 'lesboes' for decades, but groomers?

How frigging stupid or should I say willfully ignorant and petty does a person have to be to try to demonize disney after all these years of their existence? Mickey and Minnie are now the bad guys?
Remember: Last year they were wound up over Mr. Potato Head.... ( a toy !!!!)

Disney has been anti-LGBTQ for decades and lobbied for the "Don't Say Gay Bill". Disney has been a shit anti-competitive company for decades that has a long history of union busting. **** Disney.
Everybody was anti LGBTQ for decades, Disney was one of the first to recognize them with Gay Days. As far as union busting goes, I know for a fact that Disney uses only union labor for their construction projects. I have no firsthand knowledge of the rest of the workforce, although I seem to remember
the cast members unionizing some years ago, maybe some of your anger is misplaced.

If you don't think little kids don't pick up ideas from Disney characters then you are in denial.
I know right? I took my girls to Pirates of the Caribbean about 30 years ago, and to this day they go out on boats robbing and killing people. The worst part is having to explain the eyepatches and wooden legs to the neighbors, they just don't understand.

Yeah, a lot of those Hollywood actresses were fine with the "casting couch" while they were waitresses. After they got successful, then they wanted to cry foul.
Ok?

If you don't think little kids don't pick up ideas from Disney characters then you are in denial.

Do you mean you believe what I am describing as SNARK is actual "grooming"?

Disney has been anti-LGBTQ for decades and lobbied for the "Don't Say Gay Bill". Disney has been a shit anti-competitive company for decades that has a long history of union busting. **** Disney.
It's perfectly reasonable to be anti-Disney, but it's possible to be anti-Disney for the wrong reasons and act out against them in ways that should worry everybody. I hate the bejeezus out of Fox News. Fox News has contributed more to the degradation of our democracy than any force on earth. But if Biden was offended by a particular Fox News segment and used his powers to punish them in the way that Florida punished Disney merely for voicing criticism about their legislation, you can bet I'd have a big goddamn problem with that.

There are right and wrong ways to deal with bad companies, and the way that Florida dealt with Disney is as wrong as it gets. It's flagrantly anti-1st Amendment and is a real world demonstration of fascism.

What ideas do they pick up? And be specific and use examples.

This is a rhetorical question, of course. There is a zero percent likelihood of you answering it directly because you can't.

What ideas do they pick up? And be specific and use examples.

This is a rhetorical question, of course. There is a zero percent likelihood of you answering it directly because you can't.
Have you never heard or seen a kid who did not want to dress up like a Disney character? How many little girls want to wear princess outfits, or any of the many characters.

Have you never heard or seen a kid who did not want to dress up like a Disney character? How many little girls want to wear princess outfits, or any of the many characters.
Was that the scary thing you had in mind?

It's perfectly reasonable to be anti-Disney, but it's possible to be anti-Disney for the wrong reasons and act out against them in ways that should worry everybody. I hate the bejeezus out of Fox News. Fox News has contributed more to the degradation of our democracy than any force on earth. But if Biden was offended by a particular Fox News segment and used his powers to punish them in the way that Florida punished Disney merely for voicing criticism about their legislation, you can bet I'd have a big goddamn problem with that.

There are right and wrong ways to deal with bad companies, and the way that Florida dealt with Disney is as wrong as it gets. It's flagrantly anti-1st Amendment and is a real world demonstration of fascism.
I don’t disagree. For me the thing is, clearly DeSantis doesn’t care about any of that. He just cares that they made some critical public statements about his bill. Clearly a political hit.

Was that the scary thing you had in mind?
My point was that if Disney pushes a certain look, style, dress, attitude, whatever, kids will emulate it. Good grief, is this so hard to grasp?

My point was that if Disney pushes a certain look, style, dress, attitude, whatever, kids will emulate it. Good grief, is this so hard to grasp?
Like little girls dressing up as princesses? Yes, I can see why that must keep you up at night. I don’t know how anybody can sleep with that going on.

Like little girls dressing up as princesses? Yes, I can see why that must keep you up at night. I don’t know how anybody can sleep with that going on.
You miss the point again!

You miss the point again!
That emulating princesses is bad for the self image of little girls because it creates a false expectation as they enter adulthood? I can get on board with that, though I think Florida Republicans’ response was disproportionate to the problem.

That emulating princesses is bad for the self image of little girls because it creates a false expectation as they enter adulthood? I can get on board with that, though I think Florida Republicans’ response was disproportionate to the problem.
OMG- really?

OMG- really?
Yes. I think that most girls can't realistically expect to grow up and be a princess or a fabulously wealthy heiress. I wonder how much that message has instilled itself in girls' minds long after they've outgrown the Disney-princess stage. And although this isn't so prevalent in modern Disney animations, I don't think it was healthy for girls to be subjected to a steady diet of princes "rescuing" the female characters. That can't lead to healthy adult relationships.

This is what you're referring to, isn't it?

Yes. I think that most girls can't realistically expect to grow up and be a princess or a fabulously wealthy heiress. I wonder how much that message has instilled itself in girls' minds long after they've outgrown the Disney-princess stage. And although this isn't so prevalent in modern Disney animations, I don't think it was healthy for girls to be subjected to a steady diet of princes "rescuing" the female characters. That can't lead to healthy adult relationships.

This is what you're referring to, isn't it?
NO, but I call uncle,,,, useless

Makes perfect sense to me, because when you want to characterize half the country in dehumanizing terms like "GROOMERS", you naturally want to have an armed paramilitary domestic terrorism unit as the tip of the spear.
That's how Hitler did it w/Brownshirts!

Before this last year can anyone recall the folks on the right accusing the dems of being groomers? Sure we've heard the right gripe about 'fags' and 'lesboes' for decades, but groomers?

How frigging stupid or should I say willfully ignorant and petty does a person have to be to try to demonize disney after all these years of their existence? Mickey and Minnie are now the bad guys?
“Grooming” elicited the right amount of viceral outrage in focus groups.

That’s how all of their catch phrases are chosen.

It’s all cynical manipulation.

You don't know me.
Y’all are a monolith. You all believe e exactly the same things. We know because you all repeat them word for word starting the day they are distributed to you. Nary a gram of nuanced thought or issue with any aspect, even if it’s the opposite of what they told you yesterday.

Or you’re a paid poster. We get those too. It’s their job to reinforce the conditioning.

And the problem with that would be?

The founders wore wigs and tights. Should we ban all the paintings of them lest our sons get all sissified?

“Grooming” elicited the right amount of viceral outrage in focus groups.

That’s how all of their catch phrases are chosen.

It’s all cynical manipulation.
Well the GOPhers look like they are protecting kids from something Just as long as it doesn't have anything to do with gun violence

Back
Top Bottom