• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

My dirty, no-class, lowbrow secret revealed...

Goshin

Burned Out Ex-Mod
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I absolutely loved Deadpool. I'd never read a Deadpool comic, had no real idea what to expect... the opening credits scene had my jaw on the floor, and it pretty much stayed that way through the whole film, except when I was laughing my head off.

Yes, the jokes are mostly crude and lewd and the breaking-the-fourth-wall thing is jarring, but it was HILARIOUS.

Wolverine had always been my favorite X-man, because his character was the most human in many ways, whereas so many superheroes come across as too good to be real.

Deadpool doesn't fiddle around, he kills the badguys. They don't come back for sequels. :D

Okay, there's my confession... anyone else? :D

I absolutely loved Deadpool. I'd never read a Deadpool comic, had no real idea what to expect... the opening credits scene had my jaw on the floor, and it pretty much stayed that way through the whole film, except when I was laughing my head off.

Yes, the jokes are mostly crude and lewd and the breaking-the-fourth-wall thing is jarring, but it was HILARIOUS.

Wolverine had always been my favorite X-man, because his character was the most human in many ways, whereas so many superheroes come across as too good to be real.

Deadpool doesn't fiddle around, he kills the badguys. They don't come back for sequels. :D

That's why I like the TV series Gotham.

They KILL the bad guys...

P.S. I liked Deapool too. We need some good anti-hero heroes. ;)

Last edited:

You aren't alone. ;)

You know, the only thing I wasn't sure about with Deadpool was that it had... so much of a plot. I wish he'd done it all because someone, quite literally, pissed in his Cheerios. But outside of that minor critique, I had fun.

My dirty, no-class, lowbrow secret, huh? Hmm... Well, ya know, I'm such a classy lady 'n' all that I can't really think of anything.

*snerk*

I'm right there with you, man. Deadpool was pure, unadulterated fun. Can't wait until the sequel.

And they could not have picked a better actor to play him.

My saucy, secret, love of all things Deadpool is Superpower Beat Down.

That's why I like the TV series Gotham.

They KILL the bad guys...

P.S. I liked Deapool too. We need some good anti-hero heroes. ;)

I'm going to give that a try, looks interesting.

Not many movies make me actually laugh out loud. Most of the time its just a chuckle or a smile. So much so that when it comes to movies my wife of 15 years has never once heard me laugh like I did with Deadpool. It was a great movie. :)

PS: Right up the alley!

You know, the only thing I wasn't sure about with Deadpool was that it had... so much of a plot. I wish he'd done it all because someone, quite literally, pissed in his Cheerios. But outside of that minor critique, I had fun.

My dirty, no-class, lowbrow secret, huh? Hmm... Well, ya know, I'm such a classy lady 'n' all that I can't really think of anything.

*snerk*

Yeah... The romance plot (while it had its high-points) was sort of generic, and it doesn't really hold up on repeat viewings as such.

Hopefully the sequel finds some way to spice the story side of things up. The addition of Cable should help, from what I've heard about the character.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom