• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

My Dad and his Cancer

Southern Belle

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I found out yesterday that my dad's back cancer has spread to his liver. He got Neumonia from chemo and wasn't able to get any more. He's been in the hospital off and on all summer and this time it was over a month because he's been getting worse. They moved him to hospice yesterday and estimated a day to a month.

I don't know if I want to continue talking about politics and stuff anymore, I just don't know so if I stop posting, that's why. God's supporting me as he always does, but I don't have the energy to spend on religious discussions, and it's not really respectful of me to God since my dad's about to get settled into his new life in heaven, so I shouldn't be reading a bunch of insults to God and his children/my family all over the board. I just can't do it now, and I don't think I can anymore.

Bye everyone...

I found out yesterday that my dad's back cancer has spread to his liver. He got Neumonia from chemo and wasn't able to get any more. He's been in the hospital off and on all summer and this time it was over a month because he's been getting worse. They moved him to hospice yesterday and estimated a day to a month.

I don't know if I want to continue talking about politics and stuff anymore, I just don't know so if I stop posting, that's why. God's supporting me as he always does, but I don't have the energy to spend on religious discussions, and it's not really respectful of me to God since my dad's about to get settled into his new life in heaven, so I shouldn't be reading a bunch of insults to God and his children/my family all over the board. I just can't do it now, and I don't think I can anymore.

Bye everyone...

I'm so sorry. I wish your dad a swift and peaceful journey.

Bye everyone...

i don't know you, but i'm so sorry for you right now. peace.

Bye everyone...

My deepest condolences.
I've lost a family member to cancer (Leukemia) as well, it's a cruel disease.

Bye everyone...

Sorry to hear about your father. My mother died of cancer when I was really young; it's a very tough thing to see happen. But I wish you the best of luck that you can have and hope the best for you and your family.

Bye everyone...

Good luck to your father, you, and your family.

Bye everyone...

I think your father would tell you that you have the more difficult trial than he. I was in a similar situation quite a while back, but I had the illness (lymphoma), and my family members, like you, were really the ones truly suffering. They had a much harder time than me. I was actually the lucky one, because I didn't have to watch helplessly while my parent or one of my brothers went through this thing. If you can, feel better for your father from this standpoint. He'd much rather be sick than have it be you. Take care.

Back
Top Bottom