• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

My Christian Beliefs[W:205]

Re: My Christian Beliefs

The chief aim of all investigations of the external world should be to discover the rational order and harmony which has been imposed on it by God and which He revealed to us in the language of mathematics. - Johannes Kepler

Biology is the study of complicated things that have the appearance of having been designed with a purpose. - Richard Dawkins

Poor fellow.

The watchmaker analogy or watchmaker argument is a teleological argument which states, by way of an analogy, that a design implies a designer. The analogy has played a prominent role in natural theology and the "argument from design," where it was used to support arguments for the existence of God and for the intelligent design of the universe, in both Christianity and Deism.

Sir Isaac Newton, among other leaders in the scientific revolution, including René Descartes, upheld "that the physical laws he had uncovered revealed the mechanical perfection of the workings of the universe to be akin to a watchmaker, wherein the watchmaker is God."
One (of three) arguments made by David Hume
~..............Hume then argues that the universe and a watch also do not have enough relevant or close similarities to infer that they were both created the same way. For example, the universe is made of organic natural material, but the watch is made of artificial mechanic materials. He claims that in the same respect, the universe could be argued to be more analogous to something more organic such as a vegetable (in which we can observe for ourselves does not need a 'designer' or a 'watchmaker' to be created). Although he admits the analogy of a universe to a vegetable to seem ridiculous, he says that it is just as ridiculous to analogize the universe with a watch...........~
more

Biology is the study of complicated things that have the appearance of having been designed with a purpose. - Richard Dawkins

Poor fellow
And?

At least carry on and state what Dawkins then continues by way of argument.

Because without that the above statement is totally valid.

There is nothing nothing. There remains nothing nothing. *POOF!* There is everything.

That is not believable.
Is there supposed to some deeper meaning here?:confused:

I believe in God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. I believe in John 3:16, which says, "[SUP]16 [/SUP]For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." When it comes to religion, there are several religions that have a god. They can all be wrong in what they believe, but, if any are correct, only one can be correct. I know my Christian faith is the correct one. The fact that I know God exists upsets some people and that is okay with me. I have stated why I know God exists, but my reasons are unacceptable to some. That too is okay.

Can I prove that God exists? To many, I cannot. I have previously written here about how I know. The short version of the reasons are:

1. I look around and see the complexity of the universe and everything in it and it is clear to me that there is a designer. This reason is unacceptable to some. The details of the complexities are so great that randomness could never explain the details. Nor could nature explain it.
2. God has walked with me much of my life even when I was an Agnostic. Too many blessings have come to me that only God can provide. Some would say that personal experiences are not proof that God exists. They are correct. I know the do because they happened to me.
3. The Holy Spirit has talked to me on multiple times. He tells me when I should help others in very specific and personal ways.

Now, I have had two threads that have been closed because the discussion had become too personal. Well, this one may become too personal for some and may be cancelled by the Mods, but not because of me. I will not argue my beliefs. People can accept them or reject them.

I was raised Baptist ; saved when I was about twelve or thirteen years old.

I got a bible my senior year of highschool .....from the church I was raised in. I still have that bible and carry it to church with me.

Major Lambda

I was raised Baptist ; saved when I was about twelve or thirteen years old.

I got a bible my senior year of highschool .....from the church I was raised in. I still have that bible and carry it to church with me.

Major Lambda

Hi Major...Les is not able to respond to you right now but he asked me to relay a message to you...his words...

Tell him I was brought up a Methodist, but walked away. Today I am now a Baptist and pleased to make that change.

Last edited:

It always baffles me when religious people try to go out of their way to come up with some tangible evidence for god. I thought the whole fundamental premise of your religion is to have faith in God's existence, so trying to prove that God exists is sacrilegious, surely?

Also, if you're hearing voices you might want to consider seeking medical advice.

If God revealed Him or Her self to you, would you keep it to yourself?

I believe in God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. I believe in John 3:16, which says, "[SUP]16 [/SUP]For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." When it comes to religion, there are several religions that have a god. They can all be wrong in what they believe, but, if any are correct, only one can be correct. I know my Christian faith is the correct one. The fact that I know God exists upsets some people and that is okay with me. I have stated why I know God exists, but my reasons are unacceptable to some. That too is okay.

Can I prove that God exists? To many, I cannot. I have previously written here about how I know. The short version of the reasons are:

1. I look around and see the complexity of the universe and everything in it and it is clear to me that there is a designer. This reason is unacceptable to some. The details of the complexities are so great that randomness could never explain the details. Nor could nature explain it.
2. God has walked with me much of my life even when I was an Agnostic. Too many blessings have come to me that only God can provide. Some would say that personal experiences are not proof that God exists. They are correct. I know the do because they happened to me.
3. The Holy Spirit has talked to me on multiple times. He tells me when I should help others in very specific and personal ways.

Now, I have had two threads that have been closed because the discussion had become too personal. Well, this one may become too personal for some and may be cancelled by the Mods, but not because of me. I will not argue my beliefs. People can accept them or reject them.

Your beliefs are fine. Find it interesting that you felt the need to post them, is there a specific reason for doing so?

Your beliefs are fine. Find it interesting that you felt the need to post them, is there a specific reason for doing so?

Looking for commiseration?

Intelligent Design is a very good argument for the existence of God.

Here's one you can sweep under your rug:

Documenting a Gospel Miracle

https://righterreport.com/2007/07/14/documenting-a-miracle/

We've been here before. Don't give me the "righterreport". Dig into his source until you find me the root of the info. That, I'll look at. That rr website is a political fundie theocon heap.

Once again, show me your best one (1 ONE, JUST ONE) example. Make your case and include the pertinent scripture numbers.

Been here as well.

Start with Strobel's book. I can't give you the page because you have a different version. Go to the WLC interview chapter and find the section called "what about the contradictions". Craig's brush off is silly. The accounts are very different, and historians don't evaluate supernatural claims, period.

Looking for commiseration?

I don't think so...Les has been pumped with questions about his beliefs on numerous threads here, like he was on trial in a court of law...which none of us here are, BTW...this is a message board for entertainment only...this thread was merely for clarification of those questions...

I don't think so...Les has been pumped with questions about his beliefs on numerous threads here, like he was on trial in a court of law...which none of us here are, BTW...this is a message board for entertainment only...this thread was merely for clarification of those questions...

Better get used to being on trial.

We've been here before. Don't give me the "righterreport". Dig into his source until you find me the root of the info. That, I'll look at. That rr website is a political fundie theocon heap.

What would you know about what's factual or not? You don't have any formal education in theology or similar disciplines.

Been here as well.

Start with Strobel's book. I can't give you the page because you have a different version. Go to the WLC interview chapter and find the section called "what about the contradictions". Craig's brush off is silly. The accounts are very different, and historians don't evaluate supernatural claims, period.

Like I said, give me your best one (1 - ONE, your best ONE) example. Make your case and include any pertinent scripture #'s.

One other point: If all four Gospels matched exactly you would claim collusion on the matter. I doubt you'll ever get four witnesses in a court case to present their evidence in exactly the same way. Right??? But they all confirm the resurrection. They're 100% on that. And until you trot out here and make your case, you'll have nothing to hang your hat on.

Last edited:

What would you know about what's factual or not? You don't have any formal education in theology or similar disciplines.

Like I said, give me your best one (1 - ONE, your best ONE) example. Make your case and include any pertinent scripture #'s.

One other point: If all four Gospels matched exactly you would claim collusion on the matter. I doubt you'll ever get four witnesses in a court case to present their evidence in exactly the same way. Right??? But they all confirm the resurrection. They're 100% on that. And until you trot out here and make your case, you'll have nothing to hang your hat on.

This wouldn't be the forum for that discussion.
YOu know that, don't you.

This is actually a debate forum, as its title clearly indicates. Entertainment is certainly hoped for but it's not the primary purpose.

Message boards are something completely different.

This is actually a debate forum, as its title clearly indicates. Entertainment is certainly hoped for but it's not the primary purpose.

Message boards are something completely different.

lol...don't take yourself so seriously...no one else does...

He made a claim. I called on him to back it up. So get your story straight.

Nah. The way your challenge is phrased IS a claim.

This thread was started about Christian beliefs. If you are a Christian and wish to share your beliefs then do so. If not you really don't have a reason to be in here unless of course your goal is to cause trouble. In my Christian learning I recall in Yeshua's time here on earth how the Sanhedrin much like those who troll Christians around here thought they were so wise and could lay traps to trip up Yeshua. It didn't work and they looked the fools. Get thee behind me Satan.

Back
Top Bottom