• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

my cat!

We take in a lot of rescue cats - young and old. Cats abandoned in the wild. They have been as young as 6 weeks to almost a decade - and most abandoned for weeks to months. My wife is incredibly skilled with them. It take patience, but there are set actions she does with each, depending upon gender, age, and how wild it has become. Everything with cats takes patience and you go it at their pace.

How old was the cat when you got it? How long have you had it? Male? Female? Is it affectionate? Friendly? Do you play with it (ie such as a laser?) Does it have toys?

Why do you let it in the bedroom?

Mmm, having had cats and dogs, I'll say that one dog (at least of the German Shepherd variety) is more work than 5 indoor cats any day of the week. ;)

Cats are definitely easier because of the litter box.

btw we never leave 1 animal alone. At least two. Imagine how bored you'd get locked alone all day with nothing to do? Nor do they have to be the same species. Just the presence of another animal (not caged) means the animal isn't alone.

Find where the cat sleeps and pee on it's bed. Then it'll know what it feels like.

Revenge is best served cold.

They have claws and they used to be tigers. Just saying.

It is very unnatural for any animal to soil their own den. Most likely your cat is sick. It could be anything from a malignant tumor to a simple bladder infection. Who knows? Take her to a vet.

It is very unnatural for any animal to soil their own den. Most likely your cat is sick. It could be anything from a malignant tumor to a simple bladder infection. Who knows? Take her to a vet.

I agree. When some cats get sick they tend not to use their litter box. And too, cats from shelters can catch all kinds of things while they're in there. It's a good idea to take her to a vet, Tacomancer.

His beautiful Eyes.jpgI had a neutered male cat who started to pee on the carpet beside his litter-box.
His vet said that when cats do things like this they need more attention and affection.
I then groomed him when I got home from work everyday and made it a point to pet him and spend some quality time with him before bedtime every night.
All urine went in the litter-box soon after. He became a better cat when I became a better cat owner.
She can't tell you what she needs with words ...she is crying out to you with her actions. It's all she has.

Last edited:
My cat will not stop peeing on the master bed. I have put on a vinyl liner to keep it from soaking into the mattress, but if I leave the door open for even a few minutes there is a puddle. The litter box stays clean.

I am not sure what to do, as if this keeps up, I may get angry enough to return her to the animal shelter, but I don't want things to get to that point.

However, I am tired of washing all my sheets every other day as well.

Any ideas?

In case no else hasn't already suggested these sites

http://www.larimerhumane.org/animals/resources/199

Preventing Litter Box Problems : The Humane Society of the United States

Remedial Litter Box Training | ASPCA

http://www.petfinder.com/cats/cat-problems/cat-stopped-using-litter-box/

How to Retrain a Cat to Use the Litter Box: 11 Steps - wikiHow

My cats used to use the litterbox, but they refuse to anymore. They scratch and scream until someone lets them outside, do their business, and then lets them back in (after scratching and screaming outside). They like the outside so much that they rather crap next to the box than in it, if we're not home. Like a message.

Find where the cat sleeps and pee on it's bed. Then it'll know what it feels like.
Honey! Stop that! Why are you pissing in the kids' sock drawer??!!!

Ok, so she has some new toys she seems to be enjoying.

I hopefully have fixed the litter situation.

The bed has spray guard on it, even though she slept on it with me last night, so I am not sure its effective. Stuff has a distinctive smell though.

I have built a cd with bird sounds that is has certainly gotten her attention that I will loop while I am at work.

Hopefully tonight, we will some a more relaxed kitty.

I will make a vet appt today too.

tacomancer;1062366976[B said:
]My cat will not stop peeing on the master bed.[/B] I have put on a vinyl liner to keep it from soaking into the mattress, but if I leave the door open for even a few minutes there is a puddle. The litter box stays clean.

I am not sure what to do, as if this keeps up, I may get angry enough to return her to the animal shelter, but I don't want things to get to that point.

Any ideas?

because the cat doesnt belong to redress ,

Keep a large python in your bed, it'll ensure the cat doesn't wet the bed again.

My cat will not stop peeing on the master bed. I have put on a vinyl liner to keep it from soaking into the mattress, but if I leave the door open for even a few minutes there is a puddle. The litter box stays clean.

Any ideas?
I would get rid of the cat. I have no tolerance for animal defication in the house. Not even a litter box.

Last edited:
I would get rid of the cat. I have no tolerance for animal defication in the house. Not even a litter box.

I once took on a stray cat meaning to find it a home but my kids go attached to it...the damn thing used to come in from outside...open my airing cupboard...jump in between my freshly laundered sheets and crap...my partner had to take it to the mad old cat lady's house before I did it some lasting damage!!

try cattv.com no joke

While I like pets. If I had your cat, it would be gone to a no kill shelter. I would not continue to put up with that type of behavior.

Any ideas?

Is the animal fixed? That usually cures the problem.

Is the animal fixed? That usually cures the problem.

HE said he may get angry enough to return her to the animal shelter, which means he got the can from the animal shelter. Animal shelters in general will spay or neuter animals they get.

Hey, taco. I hope this works out for you. Kitty is just trying to communicate in the only way they can: with their actions. Try not to be mad.

First of all, specklebang is my hero and I want to be just like him only with a vagina when I'm a million. :lol:

Also, I think a vet visit to check for a UTI is definitely in order.

And here's some stuff I didn't see mentioned. If you're still having problems, give it a try.

It could be litter consistency. Some cats just hate the course stuff.

Have there been lots of new people over lately? If this was formerly a family cat, kitty could be nervous about the sudden change and dramatic reduction in available humans, and the introduction of unfamiliar, untrusted humans. Trying to claim the bed out of territorial insecurity. Even a very friendly cat can get nervous like that.

Weirdly, it could that you're doing TOO MUCH washing. Scooping every day and emptying/cleaning periodically is obviously essential, but you might be doing the latter too much. Scooping will make it so that you can't smell anything, but your cat still can. And some cats get a little freaked out if they can't smell themselves AT ALL. Those scent markers are what make it "theirs."

It could be attention. My relatively new kitty had a couple incidences of going outside the box when she first moved here. I found the weirdest thing that pretty much eliminated the problem: every day when I come home, the very first thing I do, before I've even taken off my shoes or hung up my keys, is pet her for a couple minutes.

My cats used to use the litterbox, but they refuse to anymore. They scratch and scream until someone lets them outside, do their business, and then lets them back in (after scratching and screaming outside). They like the outside so much that they rather crap next to the box than in it, if we're not home. Like a message.

The message is that they know they are supposed to go in their litter box, but there is something about it that is so repellant to them that they just can't bring themselves to do it.

Could be a lot of things. Litter that's too course, not cleaned enough, territorial competition... take a look at their behavior and narrow that down. Because going right next to the box shows that they KNOW they should, and that they WANT to behave, but something is getting in their way.

She is yet too young.

She has a time scheduled in december.

Sounds to me like you're talking to an old guard vet.

If you've had her three months, she is not too young. You could spay her right now and it would be perfectly fine.

She may be going into puberty, and that could be causing this issue. Some cats have their first heat as early as 5 or 6 months old.

Some out of date vets believe spaying young stunts the cat, but this had been disproved.

Assuming the kitten is healthy, it is safe to spay as early as 8 weeks. Get a second opinion while you're checking for a UTI.

Back
Top Bottom