• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

My Boss is a Doofus. What should I do?

LOL re-quoting an old quote to get my attention? This whole thread of yours is a cry for help. When there's that many posters here saying the same thing, then it's obvious. But if you want to keep on being you, be my guest. No skin off my back. :cool:
You're the one repeating the same lame insult. Not my problem.

He's an unhappy person my friend. He's barely hanging on. He fell into that position and the owner is just too much of a weakling to replace him.
My problem with the in-house corporate structure was not playing ball with middle management or office politics. Bend the knee and kiss the ring. You'll be much more successful if you can fool them with cooperation and enthusiasm.

My problem with the in-house corporate structure was not playing ball with middle management or office politics. Bend the knee and kiss the ring. You'll be much more successful if you can fool them with cooperation and enthusiasm.
I've had good managers. Had he been a good one, I'd still be there, just like I was with a company for almost 30 years. I don't understand why people here are defending a doofus.

Wait, yes I do. It's an opportunity to take shots at ME.

Wow. Go for it, guys.

I've had good managers. Had he been a good one, I'd still be there, just like I was with a company for almost 30 years. I don't understand why people here are defending a doofus.

Wait, yes I do. It's an opportunity to take shots at ME.

Wow. Go for it, guys.
I'm by no means trying to defend your manager, just looking at the situation from someone else's possibly more objective view.

I don't know enough about you or your circumstances to necessarily be accurate. Crappy bosses abound and I don't know why. Maybe they've all lucked into their jobs or know something we don't?

I'm by no means trying to defend your manager, just looking at the situation from someone else's possibly more objective view.

I don't know enough about you or your circumstances to necessarily be accurate. Crappy bosses abound and I don't know why. Maybe they've all lucked into their jobs or know something we don't?
There are good ones and there are bad ones. I've had good ones. This guy was a bad one. Had I not been terminated I would have resigned. I'll keep saying it until it sinks in.

There are good ones and there are bad ones. I've had good ones. This guy was a bad one. Had I not been terminated I would have resigned. I'll keep saying it until it sinks in.
I think most bosses are mediocre with but a few really bad and good ones. Sounds like you did the best you could. (y)

You should've said on your way out the door "Nobody terminates the Terminator. I'll be back."

I don't know enough about you or your circumstances to necessarily be accurate.
Crappy bosses abound and I don't know why. Maybe they've all lucked into their jobs or know something we don't?
during my career i found a constant theme relative to piss poor supervisors: they all aspired to positions of authority

and then looked for reasons to assert that authority to convince themselves they were worthy of being on the management team

I am picking the guy in the green.
Ok, you might be right. It might be "the guy in the green". OR!

It might be the guy on the far left in the red/orange jacket. The guy on the left, who is so handsome and by his looks, obviously intelligent, and loved dearly by women, while being the envy of all men. That's the guy on the far left.

Or, like you guessed, it might be "the guy in the green". I suppose, I'll just have to keep you guessing :)

Last edited:
during my career i found a constant theme relative to piss poor supervisors: they all aspired to positions of authority

and then looked for reasons to assert that authority to convince themselves they were worthy of being on the management team
I've also known some lousy supervisors that were decent people. We're under the illusion that all bad managers are stupid cretins, when in fact, many are intelligent enough, they're just asshole bosses.

Proof that a book cannot be judged by its cover………………

Back
Top Bottom