• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

My biggest pet peeve in gun debates

AtlantaAdonis

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
I don't have to be a gun nerd to have a valid opinion on gun control.

I don't know the difference between a magazine and clip and don't care.
I don't know the difference between Skull Shredder Mark II bullets or Child Killer 6000 bullets and don't care.
I don't know the difference between a bolt-action blunderbust or an assault gun and don't care.

I just want to make it harder for psychos to go out and kill people because they're mad at the world and don't care about your "freedumb" or about the "kawnstitution".

I don't know the difference between Skull Shredder Mark II bullets or Child Killer 6000 bullets and don't care.
I don't know the difference between a bolt-action blunderbust or an assault gun and don't care.

I just want to make it harder for psychos to go out and kill people because they're mad at the world and don't care about your "freedumb" or about the "kawnstitution".
WHAT? not a gun nut? You are unAmerican! /s

Of course you don't know such things. Pro gun posters and advocates, for the MOST part, are quite familiar with how guns work, how they are properly used, the reasons for owning them, and the laws that govern them. Many of us are also well versed as to the criminal misuse of guns and what laws are actually effective in curtailing such crime.

anti gunners rarely have a clue about firearms. The vast majority of them, if not almost every one of them, is a left winger and left-wingers see the pro gun bloc as their political enemy. And rightly so because ever since Democrats (first under FDR, then under LBJ and then again under Clinton and now Biden) tried to pretend that they were getting tough on crime with bullshit laws that essentially only restricted the rights and actions of honest gun owners.

What is funny to watch is when those who are anti gun due to the political environment, pretend that they are anti gun because of "public safety issues" or alleged deficiencies in the criminals code, because invariably, they fall on their asses when they try to debate those issues and defend the facades they don't actually believe in, nor are primarily motivated by.

Yes, there are anti gun people who truly believe that restricting honest people will somehow decrease the predations of violent criminals. And you have the pillow-headed utopians who merely want to feel better about themselves by banning guns and by trying to do so, making a statement that they "hate violence". But those who actually push the anti gun agenda and try to argue it, are generally comical in their impotent attempts to justify violations of other citizens' rights.

Maybe better left for people who understand this issue! Thanks

WHAT? not a gun nut? You are unAmerican! /s
gun nuts are best described as those who have an irrational fear of firearms, or pretend they want to ban guns for reasons other than political payback upon those who don't buy into their leftist agendas

Maybe better left for people who understand this issue! Thanks
good point but it is hilarious watching the bannerrhoid advocates claim you can kill hundreds of people in a few minutes with an AR 15 or that there is no legitimate use for such a rifle.

Since we are getting things off our chests here...

My biggest pet peeve with the idiot left anti-gun morons is they literally dont give the first **** about life, about children, victims, or if the laws they advocate for would actually prevent even a single death and really only care about promoting their anti-gun agenda push laws that dont target the people they say they want to target, all the while ignoring the day to day gun violence that leaves literally thousands of dead bodies in the streets every year.

A few days ago, an anti-gun leftists started a ridiculous thread with the same kind of thoughtless rhetoric as the OP. He cited 366 dead people killed over a 46 year span...and then literally demonstrated that he didnt give the first **** about the 460,000 dead people NOT killed by those 'psychos' the OP references.

A prime example is the current "The Lost Class" lie that is being promoted...you know...the one that claims 3,066 members of this years graduating class were lost to gun violence. 1...its stupid as ****, 2...its a lie, and 3...their promoted agenda is "universal background checks" as a means of 'stopping' those deaths. The reality is that damn near EVERY instance where there is a known mass killing, background checks were accomplished...and it stopped nothing.

But see...thats typical of the idiot left. They dont CARE if its a lie...they just want to promote their agenda.

That's my biggest pet peeve too. It is exactly you're complete lack of knowledge that is at the root of your positions.

Just like, it's is climate change deniers complete lack of knowledge that is at the heart of why they deny climate change.

Just like, it's anti mask/anti vax folks' complete lack of knowledge that is at the heart of why they refuse to wear masks and get a vaccine.

gun nuts are best described as those who have an irrational fear of firearms, or pretend they want to ban guns for reasons other than political payback upon those who don't buy into their leftist agendas
gun nuts, gun nuts, gun nuts, gun nuts, does the term really offend you?

no, what offends me are people who are enemies of our constitution.
tell me something, how often do YOU think I have heard THAT refrain? care to guess? so those who are not gun nuts are anti-constitution? SAY WHAT?

tell me something, how often do YOU think I have heard THAT refrain? care to guess? so those who are not gun nuts are anti-constitution? SAY WHAT?
If you made a decision to be AGAINST vaccination....would you want yourself to make such a decisions based on complete ignorance about vaccines in general, or would you at least want to know a little bit, the basics, how they work, the different kinds, etc?

If you made a decision to be AGAINST vaccination....would you want yourself to make such a decisions based on complete ignorance about vaccines in general, or would you at least want to know a little bit, the basics, how they work, the different kinds, etc?
and that is an answer to calling anti-gunners haters of the constitutional HOW?

OP is literally proclaiming pride in ignorance.

OP sounds a lot like a proud boy.
how generous of you to respond to his 1st amendment rights to express his opinion with name-calling. I am sure you can find a few juicy terms for me as well - so go for it.

It is VERY hard to get a Gun "Legally" ! That's why all the Criminals get them "Illegally" !
So why do we Just Totally ,110% Out Law Murder????......
Shouldn't That stop everyone from shooting Guns at People ? ....

You know it is illegal to for citizens' possession of certain lethal firearms in Mexico ! So only the Police and Drug cartels have those type of guns ...
You know the US States with the STRICKETEST Gun Laws have the Most gun deaths ! And places like Texas have low gun crimes.

IF you do the Math, it really is hard for Psychos to get guns, but not 100% impossible...

Just don't let the Politicians/Media trick you in to giving up your Constitutional Rights for some perceived protection !
Hitler did that, right before he started a World War !

Since we are getting things off our chests here...

My biggest pet peeve with the idiot left anti-gun morons is they literally dont give the first **** about life, about children, victims, or if the laws they advocate for would actually prevent even a single death and really only care about promoting their anti-gun agenda push laws that dont target the people they say they want to target, all the while ignoring the day to day gun violence that leaves literally thousands of dead bodies in the streets every year.

A few days ago, an anti-gun leftists started a ridiculous thread with the same kind of thoughtless rhetoric as the OP. He cited 366 dead people killed over a 46 year span...and then literally demonstrated that he didnt give the first **** about the 460,000 dead people NOT killed by those 'psychos' the OP references.

A prime example is the current "The Lost Class" lie that is being promoted...you know...the one that claims 3,066 members of this years graduating class were lost to gun violence. 1...its stupid as ****, 2...its a lie, and 3...their promoted agenda is "universal background checks" as a means of 'stopping' those deaths. The reality is that damn near EVERY instance where there is a known mass killing, background checks were accomplished...and it stopped nothing.

But see...thats typical of the idiot left. They dont CARE if its a lie...they just want to promote their agenda.

When I see a post with 40 F bombs and "idiot" mentioned 30 times...I know I'm dealing with an intellect to be reckoned with. You see a LOT of these profound intellects in the ranks of the gun "enthusiasts".

It is VERY hard to get a Gun "Legally"
Now THATS a ****ing laugh riot.

That's why all the Criminals get them "Illegally" !

LOL. Many murderers stroll into a corner store and purchase their mass murder machines 100% legally hours before they commit their crimes.

C'mon fella, we've gotta put our thinking caps on here.

I don't pay much attention to foreign enemies of our constitution. It's the domestic ones that are most pernicious to me

Now THATS a ****ing laugh riot.

LOL. Many murderers stroll into a corner store and purchase their mass murder machines 100% legally hours before they commit their crimes.

C'mon fella, we've gotta put our thinking caps on here.
anyone with an effective "thinking cap on" would not say something as stupid as the statement about "mass murder machines etc". That is unmitigated idiocy in terms of factual failures.

And that is an answer to calling anti-gunners haters of the constitutional HOW?

It is a very good analogy that demonstrates the fallacy of "you don't know what you are talking about" being the argument against gun control supporters. Vaccination opponents cite old data smart people are wise enough to never look at and say you don't know what you are talking about when your data is different.

... bullshit laws that essentially only restricted the rights and actions of honest gun owners.

Do you know any honest gun owners?

Speaking of bullshit, this is your biggest most frequently uttered lie. If you were honest, you'd acknowledge that gun laws affect those that get caught breaking them much more than crybaby gun owners.

how generous of you to respond to his 1st amendment rights to express his opinion with name-calling. I am sure you can find a few juicy terms for me as well - so go for it.
His OP was dripping with intentional offense. Spare me your indignity.

Back
Top Bottom