• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Muslims Have Attacked Europeans for Hundreds of Years

truthatallcost

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Why is it not taught that Muslim aggression against Europeans and Christians has been occurring for several hundred years?

From the 16th to 19th century, Muslim pirates in North Africa captured an estimated 800,000 to 1.25 million people as slaves. Most of these slaves were kidnapped Christian Europeans.

In the first half of the 1600s, Barbary corsairs - pirates from the Barbary Coast of North Africa, authorised by their governments to attack the shipping of Christian countries - ranged all around Britain's shores. In their lanteen-rigged xebecs (a type of ship) and oared galleys, they grabbed ships and sailors, and sold the sailors into slavery. Admiralty records show that during this time the corsairs plundered British shipping pretty much at will, taking no fewer than 466 vessels between 1609 and 1616, and 27 more vessels from near Plymouth in 1625. As 18th-century historian Joseph Morgan put it, 'this I take to be the Time when those Corsairs were in their Zenith'.
There are no records of how many men, women and children were enslaved, but it is possible to calculate roughly the number of fresh captives that would have been needed to keep populations steady and replace those slaves who died, escaped, were ransomed, or converted to Islam. On this basis it is thought that around 8,500 new slaves were needed annually to replenish numbers - about 850,000 captives over the century from 1580 to 1680.
BBC - History - British History in depth: British Slaves on the Barbary Coast

Why is it not taught that Muslim aggression against Europeans and Christians has been occurring for several hundred years?

From the 16th to 19th century, Muslim pirates in North Africa captured an estimated 800,000 to 1.25 million people as slaves. Most of these slaves were kidnapped Christian Europeans.

The horror :roll:

Seriously, who looks at pirates and thinks "they are robbing people because of Islam"

Seriously, who looks at pirates and thinks "they are robbing people because of Islam"

Because Islam gives them that right. At least that is what a Muslim diplomat told John Adams.

Because that would go against the modern narrative. Most people have to no idea what happened in Europe at that time period.

Because Islam gives them that right. At least that is what a Muslim diplomat told John Adams.

Of course he did. Because "we're doing this for Allah" plays better then "we're doing this because all those Europeans are rich and defenseless and robbing them makes us very wealthy"

Because that would go against the modern narrative. Most people have to no idea what happened in Europe at that time period.

The Europeans were doing their level best to wipe each other out.

The Europeans were doing their level best to wipe each other out.

Yea, and the Muslims were right there along side them, taking over land and killing and raping hundreds of thousands.

Yea, and the Muslims were right there along side them, taking over land and killing and raping hundreds of thousands.

Rape was much SOP at the time in any army. Catholic, Protestant, Muslim, etc, it made no difference.

Rape was much SOP at the time in any army. Catholic, Protestant, Muslim, etc, it made no difference.

Oh okay, so that made it okay. Thanks for the information.

Oh okay, so that made it okay. Thanks for the information.

No, but don't act like this was something only those barbaric Muslims did. Because it wasn't.

Read it again Tiger,

"...authorised by their governments to attack the shipping of Christian countries - ranged all around Britain's shores. "

What does that mean?

No, but don't act like this was something only those barbaric Muslims did. Because it wasn't.

I didn't. I'm talking about the double standard in which "White Europeans" are always looked at as the evil in the world in regards to oppression and destruction.

these threads are not about fair or truth seeking
and

they now happen frequently throughout the day

it's like a massive circle jerk

entertaining but completely agenda driven

And sadly, not very entertaining. Does anybody know a good Muslim joke?

I didn't. I'm talking about the double standard in which "White Europeans" are always looked at as the evil in the world in regards to oppression and destruction.

Nobody whose opinion is worth considering actually thinks that Euros are the only oppressive force

Nobody whose opinion is worth considering actually thinks that Euros are the only oppressive force

Then I guess you should start writing the textbooks in America as well as Europe. That is the entire idea behind anything of the past 30-40 years.

Did the governments of European nations legalize seizing ships based on religion, and enslave a million North Africans?

Uh.....it was probably more then a million, but yeah, they did.

And yeah, they did target Muslim shipping.

Then I guess you should start writing the textbooks in America as well as Europe. That is the entire idea behind anything of the past 30-40 years.

That's certainly not the impression I got from my school textbooks.

Uh.....it was probably more then a million, but yeah, they did.

And yeah, they did target Muslim shipping.

Well, start your own thread where you tell people about what "probably" happened. That should be riveting.

Back
Top Bottom