• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Muslims allowed to throw shoes at cops - for 'cultural reasons'!

FACT SHEET:

Muslims have indeed desecrated the Bible actually, plus graves:

Muslim boys urinated on Bible | The Australian

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP9BazI-_js"]YouTube- Muslim Palestinians Desecrate Christian Graves - UN Silent[/nomedia]

Muslims Desecrate Holy Books in Maarat Hamachpelah [Archive] - Bible-Discussion.com

Palestinians used Bible<br>as toilet paper

But that's alright. However, don't let them catch anybody desecrating the 'Hitlerite' Koran, then the whole city will be ablaze (as the people of Athens discovered to their horror).

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1087514.html

You don't catch any other religious group doing this on such a large and consistent scale! Only the followers of Islam, as the creed is packed with seething evil and incitement to riot, murder, rape, pillage and genocide.

Interestingly I'm accused of hatred by the Left. Funny that, when as usual it's people who react to outrage (such as crime victims too) being the ones accused of over-reacting!

Last edited:
Yes, but I don't think people did throw ski boots at anyone. They were throwing them at the American Consulate.

The police said they were not assaulting anyone. Obviously the story does not give all the facts. It does, or others I have read do say that the police said they were sure no intent to harm was there. I cannot argue against your imagination.

Let me say it one more time. They were not throwing shows or clogs at anyone. Whether they even had clogs I do not know. They were throwing them as agreed with the police.

However in the incident with the stick, someone deliberately threw one at a police officer and so was charged with assault.

Ahh... so they were just throwing **** at a building that cops happened to be standing in front of or near. But as long as they weren't AIMING at the cops, it's okay if some cops got hit and suffered injuries? Because muslims think shoes are dirty, it's okay if some cops just happen to get in the way of a shoe, ski boot, or clog that was being lobbed in their general direction. But a stick? Well, we can't allow the throwing of sticks. What if they were lobbing rocks "at the building" but cops somehow managed to get in the path of said rocks?

Ahh... so they were just throwing **** at a building that cops happened to be standing in front of or near. But as long as they weren't AIMING at the cops, it's okay if some cops got hit and suffered injuries? Because muslims think shoes are dirty, it's okay if some cops just happen to get in the way of a shoe, ski boot, or clog that was being lobbed in their general direction. But a stick? Well, we can't allow the throwing of sticks. What if they were lobbing rocks "at the building" but cops somehow managed to get in the path of said rocks?
Ooo... rocks.
In another thread, alexa didn't show much opposition to a group of people surrounding a civilians bus and throwing boulders at the civilians inside because of the civilians' nationality.
Another poster has even labeled it as a legitimate act of protest.

I have no more idea than you. I only know what articles say and that is that the police agreed this with them and that they are happy there was nothing more to the shoe throwing than what had already been agreed.

I do know that in this country the police do not agree to be assaulted.

If throwing stones was a mark of respect in their culture it would hardly be the thing to use in a protest.

Last edited:
Ooo... rocks.
In another thread, alexa didn't show much opposition to a group of people surrounding a civilians bus and throwing boulders at the civilians inside because of the civilians' nationality.

Holy ****. :shock: Well, I guess you can't really argue with people that actually think assaulting people (even if you weren't *aiming* at them) is a "legitimate form of protest". I mean what can you really say to that kind of nonsense, except to back slowly away? LOL

Ooo... rocks.

Should I report you for this Apocalypse. You know I should. You claimed that children who threw stones at a bus that came into their area after their had been wild celebrations by Israeli's saying they had no intention of following Obama, had no desire for peace and wanted more and more building - and you called these children terrorists. Further you declared that you believed children as young as 6 were terrorists.

I should report you. You are well out of order.

Should I report you for this Apocalypse.
If you wish to do so.
I will simply return to the poll forum where you've made a similar post to mine here, in the thread labeled as "terrorism", and report your post there, that I have chosen not to report before.
You claimed that children who threw stones at a bus that came into their area after their had been wild celebrations by Israeli's saying they had no intention of following Obama, had no desire for peace and wanted more and more building - and you called these children terrorists. Further you declared that you believed children as young as 6 were terrorists.
I've claimed that an act of terrorism is an act of terrorism, whether done by kids or adults.
I've claimed that in a direct rebuttal to gunner's (and perhaps yours too) statement that a minor cannot commit an act of terrorism.
I should report you. You are well out of order.
Make my day. ;)

If you wish to do so.
I will simply return to the poll forum where you've made a similar post to mine here, in the thread labeled as "terrorism", and report your post there, that I have chosen not to report before.
I've claimed that an act of terrorism is an act of terrorism, whether done by kids or adults.
I've claimed that in a direct rebuttal to gunner's (and perhaps yours too) statement that a minor cannot commit an act of terrorism.
Make my day. ;)

The difference is that that poll you set up was set up by you while you were unable to think up answers to Gunner. You then pushed Metal Gear again and again until he said there was no internationally accepted definition of terrorism which was what you wanted. When metal gear having patiently answered you asked what your idea was. You ran off and did not answer him. You did not have the ability to b e honest. I answered him. It was appropriate to that thread.

You bringing in arguments you failed at abysmally onto a thread on Europe has nothing to do with the European section.

I didn't know you were a flag-burner. That kind of behaviour is no mere protest at a government policy, but a direct attack on patriots in general by destroying the very symbol of their nationality.

Flag-burning is also protected as free speech here in the US of A, sonny. As it should be.

Last edited:
They are not being allowed to assault with shoes. That would be a criminal offence. They were allowed to bring along old shoes and throw them at large photos.

Where did you see this?

So it's ok as long as what they are throwing symbolizes an embodiment of hatred in their culture? As long as it's supposed to be an offensive act according to the culture it's ok? Wouldn't that constitute a hate crime? Take a racist for example, would it be ok for a racist to throw noose knots (symbolizing in their minds the need to hang the "unclean" black people) at an African nations embassy? And yes, if someone threw garbage at me I would be grossed out.

Oof, don't get me started on the "hate crime" concept. Let's just say I'm not a big fan of the idea.

Also, people should be allowed to throw whatever they wish as long as what they're throwing doesn't come in direct contact with another person. I don't think that throwing nooses at a building should be illegal. It's not a crime, it's a legal form of free expression, same as if they were burning African nations' flags.

Garbage could be more hazards than shoes, what if medical syringes were mixed in there? I personally don't completely know what my opinion is regarding burning a Koran. I personally don't like it and would never do it, but I'm not sure it's wrong so long as no one is being hurt or violence being directed towards someone.

Yeah, i was speaking personally too. I don't like the idea of burning any holy books or symbols either.

Where did you see this?

I can't find the article I saw earlier. It was from one of our popular press and there was a picture of Obama that people were throwing shoes at. However checking again, this seems to be in Indonesia.

This seems all to have been going on about 15 months ago. I found this article in the Guardian. In this it seems to have been just a spontaneous expression of how people were feeling.

Israel-Gaza conflict: Tens of thousands in London protest Gaza offensive | World news | guardian.co.uk

I guess it remains unclear whether this is going to be an accepted form of protest - or whether it has just come to light that the police did not see any intent to harm.

There would have been a heck of a lot of people to arrest.

The difference is that that poll you set up was set up by you while you were unable to think up answers to Gunner. You then pushed Metal Gear again and again until he said there was no internationally accepted definition of terrorism which was what you wanted. When metal gear having patiently answered you asked what your idea was. You ran off and did not answer him. You did not have the ability to b e honest. I answered him. It was appropriate to that thread.

You bringing in arguments you failed at abysmally onto a thread on Europe has nothing to do with the European section.
So because you wish to believe I wasn't able to answer your ridiculous, illogical and bizarre statements - that makes your post appropriate while mine isn't.

Gems of wisdom, really. :2razz:

Moderator's Warning:
Apoc and alexa - take your squabble elsewhere.

Not too sure 'muslims' asked for this ridiculous policy. Labour thinks it knows what english muslims want and who represents them. This shows they don't, it shows their prejudice. Like english muslims wouldn't know how to protest or riot like the rest of us.

Don't throw bottles, stones and molotovs guys, throw your shoe!

Not too sure 'muslims' asked for this ridiculous policy. Labour thinks it knows what english muslims want and who represents them. This shows they don't, it shows their prejudice. Like english muslims wouldn't know how to protest or riot like the rest of us.

Don't throw bottles, stones and molotovs guys, throw your shoe!

What makes you think Labour want this. It seems to be something which happened during the Gaza War protests and cases are just going through court or something.

Though the shoe throwing seems to have taken off worlwide since that Iraqi threw one at Bush.

I don't think it has anything to do with Labour.

More likely than anything it it's just an excuse of the Tabloids to Muslim bash, given it seems to have happened 15 months ago.

What makes you think Labour want this.
In short, I think Labour preys on muslims voters' loyalty like their dutch counterpart.
It seems to be something which happened during the Gaza War protests and cases are just going through court or something.

Though the shoe throwing seems to have taken off worlwide since that Iraqi threw one at Bush.

I don't think it has anything to do with Labour.
I'm not surprised.

More likely than anything it it's just an excuse of the Tabloids to Muslim bash, given it seems to have happened 15 months ago.
Aaah, there it is. There must be some conspiracy against muslims, surely nothing to do with the judicial system. :roll:

Your scapegoating worries me. I challenge everybody to read the article in the OP and judge whether muslims are being bashed or not.

Muslim protesters 'will be allowed to throw their shoes' - Telegraph

Oof, don't get me started on the "hate crime" concept. Let's just say I'm not a big fan of the idea.
I'm not a big fan of it either, and fact I outright disagree with "hate crime" laws.
Also, people should be allowed to throw whatever they wish as long as what they're throwing doesn't come in direct contact with another person. I don't think that throwing nooses at a building should be illegal. It's not a crime, it's a legal form of free expression, same as if they were burning African nations' flags.
I would have to agree with you here. I am all for free protesting, but in this instance it shouldn't be acceptable to throw shoes at people and places. We have the right to protest and the right to do so in any manner we want. However, I draw the line when it involves vandalism, violence and obstructing other's daily lives. I don't think it's right for PETA to throw read paint on someone's fur coats, however they have a right to freely protest in front of places that make them in any way they want to that doesn't cross the line.

Yeah, i was speaking personally too. I don't like the idea of burning any holy books or symbols either.
It seems as if we agree on all of this :)

Last edited:
In short, I think Labour preys on muslims voters' loyalty like their dutch counterpart.

I'm not surprised.

Aaah, there it is. There must be some conspiracy against muslims, surely nothing to do with the judicial system. :roll:

Your scapegoating worries me. I challenge everybody to read the article in the OP and judge whether muslims are being bashed or not.

Muslim protesters 'will be allowed to throw their shoes' - Telegraph

Please yourself but you can see from the responses on this thread that with something which happened so long ago and people knowing virtually nothing about it has led to a lot of wrong ideas - not the least being that Muslims have the right to assault Policemen and throw shoes at Policemen - or from the OP the desire to throw bacon at these 'louts'

I only got a rough idea of what it was about from finding a Guardian article and picture of it at the time.

But hey, all Labour - live your dream.

Perhaps another way to look at it is to ask which politically-correct clowns gave these Muslims permission to throw missiles at government buildings in the first place?

That and what would they have been afraid of had permission been refused? Some kind of unauthorised unrest?

If you give people, especially those with an agenda, permission to throw objects at targets on British streets then things may get out of hand to whatever degree.

I'd like now to ask the deeper question of why the likes of the Countryside Alliance (and even other Lefties at the G8) feel the full force of the riot police on demos, yet other pet groups are treated with kid gloves?

You can bet your life that if it was you, me, Robin Page, David Cameron or even the late Mary Whitehouse wanting to throw their shoes in protest, then the authorities wouldn't give the application time of day. They certainly wouldn't give it to the likes of the National Front or the EDL, regardless of the fact they are fellow firebrand fringe extremists.

Forget it's the Muslims for now - why the Establishment 'apartheid' on behaviour and morality between minority and majority groups?

Last edited:
Please yourself but you can see from the responses on this thread that with something which happened so long ago and people knowing virtually nothing about it has led to a lot of wrong ideas - not the least being that Muslims have the right to assault Policemen and throw shoes at Policemen - or from the OP the desire to throw bacon at these 'louts'.
The OP expresses a sentiment, like you do when you say that:
it's just an excuse of the Tabloids to Muslim bash
We can both agree that no one has the right to assault policemen or that solutions can be found in throwing bacon at people.
I only got a rough idea of what it was about from finding a Guardian article and picture of it at the time.
I'm not the one who makes partisan comments about the Guardian, especially when they do happen to publicize an objective article.
But hey, all Labour - live your dream.
If you want to defend their policies be my guest.

Back
Top Bottom