• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Muslims allowed to throw shoes at cops - for 'cultural reasons'!

Republic_Of_Public

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
If the total, complete and utter insanity of life in 'tolerant' and 'diverse' New Labour Britain doesn't get to you now, it never will:

Muslim protesters 'will be allowed to throw their shoes' - Telegraph

I suppose if I threw bacon at those louts, for my own 'cultural reasons', I'd be hit with jail terms so fast my feet wouldn't touch!

I don't suppose that stupid oaf Rowan Williams had this on his mind either when he traitorously called the integration of special treatment clauses for Muslims into British culture 'inevitable'. Such large-scale outrages are always denied, if not rationalised or compartmentalised. The usual Holohoax-style rubbish from our politically-correct spiritual leaders, fit to be ignored.

Riots, disruption, hysterical senses of outrage which we're supposed to mistake for tender feelings and ever greedier consumption of never-ending Establishment concessions are all we ever seem to witness in our efforts to placate and integrate adherents of the Religion Of Peace.

Just why have the authorities been so retiscent to book Muslims at their 'protests', regardless of the placards, the death threats and menace? Do they truly fear, as they claim', 'ordinary' Muslims becoming uppity enough to cause their own disruption and disrupt 'community cohesion'?! Mouthier Muslims seem to be on the edge of mania anyway in their victim-playing paranoia, especially over things like Iraq.

We're often told just how great Islam is and how it's the Muslims who are the nicest, bestest and ultimately productive and benign people we've had the benefit to experience. If so, I wonder why we need to be told all the time. No need to with the Jews or Hindus...

Nothing's good enough ultimately, so I dunno why we should even bother ingratiating: Trencherbone: Community Cohesion and Muslims

Islam's in need of a damn good Reformation, same as the Christian West brought itself through over the years: Trencherbone: Muslims' duty to exterminate Jews in Islamic Holocaust.

Culture? OK, perhaps we can extend the courtesy by letting other people behave atrociously and with absolute contempt for those not like them too, with taxpayers' money perhaps.

Get some ideas here: [ame=http://www.stormfront.org/forum/showthread.php?t=693792]The REAL losers of World War 2: The White Race! Where did Hitler fail?? - Stormfront[/ame]

Prophet of Doom - Islam's Terrorist Dogma in Muhammad's Own Words - Just like two peas mate!

That's fair, isn't it Left? Left?!

An Islamic record of 'vibrancy' as long as your arm, often sponsored/ignored by the Government as bribes for good behaviour:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHyN_nhIk4A"]YouTube- Prophet Muhammad says "Kill Your Daughters"![/nomedia]

http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe/70040-army-remove-replica-mosques-north-yorks-range.html

http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe/69537-animal-cruelty-sell-goldfish-but-halals-ok.html

http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe/67456-islamists-now-germany.html

http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe/69270-moscow-metro-bombs-kill-dozens.html

http://www.debatepolitics.com/europ...zero-tolerance-homosexuality-0-fer-500-a.html

http://www.debatepolitics.com/europ...-wilders-anti-islam-film-sparks-protests.html

http://www.debatepolitics.com/europ...ms-go-critical-and-attack-their-own-boss.html

http://www.debatepolitics.com/europ...death-camp-and-sharia-stock-exchange-hmm.html

http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe/67405-fallaci-write-europe.html

http://www.debatepolitics.com/europ...endorsement-armenian-genocide-resolution.html - More mass murder? Hitler had much to learn!

http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe/66924-labours-rainbow-minority-darlings-fall-out.html

http://www.debatepolitics.com/europ...supreme-protector-no-respect-some-people.html - No gratitude some people! (Contains other links to previous DP posts)

...A pneumatic drill is 'vibrant' too!

Last edited:
Could be worse. Several posters have opined in the middle east section that trying to murder Jews by dropping large slabs of concrete on their heads is a valid form of political protest.

Europe needs to stop this spineless catering to the Muslim population.

Can you shoot cops for "cultural reasons"?

Assault with a shoe is not a form of free speech.

They are not being allowed to assault with shoes. That would be a criminal offence. They were allowed to bring along old shoes and throw them at large photos.

It's called protest. It allows people to let out their feelings harmlessly.

We used to do far worse, throwing eggs and rotten tomatoes at people and in the 1960's burning the US flag over Vietnam.

I didn't know you were a flag-burner. That kind of behaviour is no mere protest at a government policy, but a direct attack on patriots in general by destroying the very symbol of their nationality.

And the cheeky little chappie in the article wasn't up for his first offence - he also chucked sticks at the police. (I bet if it was people in the EDL up in court for throwing missiles, you'd be a bit less forgiving.)

Point is that I'd never be given permission to throw things at Downing Street - hence the guards and security ring around Parliament to stop even the likes of the Countryside Alliance protesting the abolition of foxhunting!

And this is just one more example of volatile Islamics getting the red mist once once once once again and taking the law into their own hands about it. If they don't like it here then there are plenty of airports they can use to move back to an Islamic paradise of their own choosing. They can have their way all the time there.

Last edited:
I didn't know you were a flag-burner. That kind of behaviour is no mere protest at a government policy, but a direct attack on patriots in general by destroying the very symbol of their nationality.

And the cheeky little chappie in the article wasn't up for his first offence - he also chucked sticks at the police. (I bet if it was people in the EDL up in court for throwing missiles, you'd be a bit less forgiving.)

And this is just one more example of volatile Islamics getting the red mist once once once once again and taking the law into their own hands about it. If they don't like it here then there are plenty of airports they can use to move back to an Islamic paradise of their own choosing. They can have their way all the time there.

This is just another example of RoR xxxxxxx for the BNP which is why I ignored it till people started writing daft things.

The police said they were quite sure he and the other 70 people who threw shoes were not doing anything other than a symbolic protest. You know perfectly well that if they were throwing shoes with the intent to assault they would be under criminal charges.

Anything else one individual may have been charged with is nothing to do with this thread you have set up - just an attempt by you to keep the hate going.

If what alexa says is true and they were throwing shoes at pictures and not people, then I see no harm.

If they were really permitted to throw shoes at cops, then I demand the right to throw tomatoes and cream pies at the first bobby I see when I'm in London.

If they're not throwing them AT people, then I don't see the issue. However:

Dozens of ski-boots and clogs were also hurled at the US consulate in Edinburgh in a related protest, in which three policemen sustained minor injuries.
**** like this shouldn't be allowed and the articles I'm reading lead me to believe that it WILL be allowed.

It looks as if they were hurling shoes at embassies of certain nations. It says in the article that they threw shoes outside the Israeli embassy. The article also says that the shoe is symbolic of throwing something considered to be unclean in their culture. So would it be acceptable to throw rotten pork meat at Arab embassies or to desecrate Korans in front of them too? Or would that be considered hate speech or vandalism?

So would it be acceptable to throw rotten pork meat at Arab embassies

I don't see why not, although I fail to see how that makes any sense. What culture throws rotten meat in protest? We usually stick to vegetables.

or to desecrate Korans in front of them too? Or would that be considered hate speech or vandalism?

No. They're not desecrating Bibles, are they?

I don't see why not, although I fail to see how that makes any sense. What culture throws rotten meat in protest? We usually stick to vegetables.
In Islam pork is considered unclean. They are throwing shoes which are considered unclean. My comparison with pork is that it would be similar to throwing an "unclean" shoe.

No. They're not desecrating Bibles, are they?
Not to my knowledge. I was just trying to question whether or not it would be acceptable to burn korans and throw "unclean" pork at Arab embassies. I was questioning if it would be acceptable to do what these Muslims did to an Israeli embassy and reversing it to similar acts towards one from an Arab nation. Would it be hate speech or vandalism?

Throwing your shoes at a person resembles a show of great disrespect in Islamic culture.
It's also, coincidentally enough, considered an assault in Western culture.

Britain, however, is an assimilating state.
It assimilates within its minorities, adapting their culture and values.

If they're not throwing them AT people, then I don't see the issue. However:

**** like this shouldn't be allowed and the articles I'm reading lead me to believe that it WILL be allowed.

It does look like it will be allowed. However that also means it will have to be orderly. Any deliberate assault will still be a criminal offence and police will soon change their minds if they are hurt.

Minor injury's can be extremely minor. Obviously the police would change their mind if they were getting injured.

It has now emerged that the Metropolitan police first told protesters of its stance on shoe-throwing shortly after the attack on Bush.

The concession has already been taken up enthusiastically by Muslim demonstrators, who pelted Downing Street with shoes in protest at the Israeli bombing of Gaza last year.

Dozens of ski-boots and clogs were also hurled at the US consulate in Edinburgh in a related protest, in which three policemen sustained minor injuries.

Lindsey German, convenor of the Stop the War coalition, said: “After the incident in Baghdad we told the police that people would want to bring shoes to throw at Downing Street.

“They said that was okay and there was a facility allowed for people to bring old pairs of shoes. Afterwards they joked that they didn’t realise we were going to throw the shoes so hard.”

In January 2009, anti-war protesters advertised a demonstration outside Downing Street by posting a photograph of a pair of old shoes under the words: “Bring your old shoes to throw at useless Gordo.”

Met allows Islamic protesters to throw shoes -Times Online

It does look like it will be allowed. However that also means it will have to be orderly. Any deliberate assault will still be a criminal offence and police will soon change their minds if they are hurt.
Throwing a ski boot at someone IS a deliberate assault.

Minor injury's can be extremely minor. Obviously the police would change their mind if they were getting injured.
So they should allow assaults on people as long as they're "minor"?

It's bull****.

They're prosecuting someone for throwing a STICK at a police officer, but not prosecuting them for throwing shoes, clogs, and ski boots at them? All because "muslims think shoes are dirty so it's okay to assault people with them"?

In Islam pork is considered unclean. They are throwing shoes which are considered unclean. My comparison with pork is that it would be similar to throwing an "unclean" shoe.

The point is to throw something that the thrower considers unclean. I'd just throw anything found in a garbage dumpster, doesn't need to be pork for me to go "eeewww". What about you?

Not to my knowledge. I was just trying to question whether or not it would be acceptable to burn korans and throw "unclean" pork at Arab embassies. I was questioning if it would be acceptable to do what these Muslims did to an Israeli embassy and reversing it to similar acts towards one from an Arab nation. Would it be hate speech or vandalism?

I'm all for throwing garbage. Burning Korans, no.

The point is to throw something that the thrower considers unclean. I'd just throw anything found in a garbage dumpster, doesn't need to be pork for me to go "eeewww". What about you?
How about a pork found in a garbage dumpster?
Now that's some unclean weapon.

It's bull****.

They're prosecuting someone for throwing a STICK at a police officer, but not prosecuting them for throwing shoes, clogs, and ski boots at them? All because "muslims think shoes are dirty so it's okay to assault people with them"?

Yeah, I'm with rivrrat on this. Throwing shoes AT people is not acceptable. One steel toed boot can do a lot of damage. Hell, a stiletto heel can be a lethal weapon.

Yes, but I don't think people did throw ski boots at anyone. They were throwing them at the American Consulate.

The police said they were not assaulting anyone. Obviously the story does not give all the facts. It does, or others I have read do say that the police said they were sure no intent to harm was there. I cannot argue against your imagination.

Let me say it one more time. They were not throwing shows or clogs at anyone. Whether they even had clogs I do not know. They were throwing them as agreed with the police.

However in the incident with the stick, someone deliberately threw one at a police officer and so was charged with assault.

A "RoP xxxxxx for the BNP"? I'm glad she's no-platforming me as it's hard enough to decipher her liberal codswallop without having to unravel secret code as well!

And as I say, if Muslims go wild enough with their shoes that cops get hurt, I demand my human right upheld to throw Alexa's rotten cabbages in the direction of Gordon Brown - and expect to be let off scot free if he happens to be hit by the missiles chucked in his direction.

And it's funny how disruption by lefties and Muslims are OK in her eyes, yet if fellow rabble like the EDL stage a march to oppose a mosque she can advocate the full weight of the law and thug groups let loose against them.

But still, I expect nothing less from an unapologetic woman backing an organisation whose leader was arrested for violence not long ago.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe/68555-edl-choose-bolton.html

So it's ok as long as what they are throwing symbolizes an embodiment of hatred in their culture? As long as it's supposed to be an offensive act according to the culture it's ok? Wouldn't that constitute a hate crime? Take a racist for example, would it be ok for a racist to throw noose knots (symbolizing in their minds the need to hang the "unclean" black people) at an African nations embassy? And yes, if someone threw garbage at me I would be grossed out.

I'm all for throwing garbage. Burning Korans, no.

Garbage could be more hazards than shoes, what if medical syringes were mixed in there? I personally don't completely know what my opinion is regarding burning a Koran. I personally don't like it and would never do it, but I'm not sure it's wrong so long as no one is being hurt or violence being directed towards someone.

Yeah, I'm with rivrrat on this. Throwing shoes AT people is not acceptable. One steel toed boot can do a lot of damage. Hell, a stiletto heel can be a lethal weapon.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D5oKEVqQJg"]YouTube- who throws a shoe (austin powers)[/nomedia]

Back
Top Bottom