• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Muslim women 'face crisis over violence'

I object to US support of regimes who's laws do not prosecute and punish perpetrators of honour killing crimes. I also strongly condemn my governments support for regimes who do not respect the basic human rights of their citizens. This includes China, Saudi Arabia, and Pakistan. However, I can understand given the circumstances why the US must align itself with Pakistan.

But what have you done about it?

Your right, violence against women is a problem throughout the world including right here in America. I along with our society condemn it when ever it occurs. My sister was beaten by her ex husband for years. She allways hid it from us. If I were a muslim man I would have probably sided with her husband afterall women are owned like livestock in islamic culture. If she were dishonoring the family my brother and i would have gotten with my sisters husband and killed her for bringing dishonor to our family. In my case my brother and I confronted our brother in law and then proceeded to kick the living **** out of him. You see, we were protecting our sister. Do you see the difference Degreez?

If a muslim woman in Saudi Arabia is raped the men who raped her get a slap on the wrist. A symbolic punishment of some sort. The woman who was raped will be lashed across her bare back for tempting the men. Chances are her family will kill her or disown her for bringing dishonor to the family. Do you see the sickness of this way of thinking. If a woman is raped she should be comforted by her family not killed, do you agree Degreez?

In Iran a 16 year old girl is hung in the village square in Neka from a crane. Her crime she was repeatedly raped by a 50 year old taxi driver. His punishment he received lashes then he was released. I posted this story on this forum a while back. People assume i post threads like this because Im trolling or something. I am not sure why. Maybe because they think I do it because Im some hate filled Islamophobe. Well I assure you that couldn't be farther from the truth. I know this sounds strange but I feel like i have to be a voice for people like 16 year old Ateqeh Rajabi Sahaaleh. There stories break my heart. This is my outlet to express my sadness over stories like hers. And my anger at the male dominated culture which perpetuates this barbaric behavior based on a twisted view of Islam.

a208~s192x384.jpg
b2_208~s170x340.jpg
AteqehSahaleh2.jpg

Ateqeh Rajabi Sahaaleh hung for the crimes of chastity at age 16.

Muslim women should be given weapons to shoot men

Still didn't got where did Islam/government allowed violence against women ?

Here are some Fatwas

Hitting one’s wife?

Question

snip
I would like to know if it is correct that the Coran permits a man to bit his wife? If that’s true how could you explain that?.

answer
snip
The hadeeth may be understood as meaning that a man has the right to hit his wife, in a manner that is not harsh and does not cause injury if if there is a reason for that, such as her going against his wishes or disobeying him.

This is like the verse in which Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“As to those women on whose part you see ill‑conduct, admonish them (first), (next) refuse to share their beds, (and last) beat them (lightly, if it is useful); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them means (of annoyance). Surely, Allaah is Ever Most High, Most Great”

[al-Nisa’ 4:34]

If a woman rebels against her husband and disobeys his commands, then he should follow this method of admonishing her, forsaking her in bed and hitting her. Hitting is subject to the condition that it should not be harsh or cause injury. Al-Hasan al-Basri said: this means that it should not cause pain.

‘Ata’ said: I said to Ibn ‘Abbaas, what is the kind of hitting that is not harsh? He said, Hitting with a siwaak and the like. [A siwaak is a small stick or twig used for cleaning the teeth - Translator]

The purpose behind this is not to hurt or humiliate the woman, rather it is intended to make her realize that she has transgressed against her husband’s rights, and that her husband has the right to set her straight and discipline her.
And Allaah knows best.

Islam Question and Answer - Hitting one?s wife?

Husband forcing his wife to have intercourse

Question
Is it permissible for a man to force his wife or slave to have intercourse if she refuses?.

answer
Praise be to Allaah.

The woman does not have the right to refuse her husband, rather she must respond to his request every time he calls her, so long as that will not harm her or keep her from doing an obligatory duty.

Al-Bukhaari (3237) and Muslim (1436) narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “If a man calls his wife to his bed and she refuses, and he spends the night angry with her, the angels curse her until morning.”

If she refuses with no excuse, she is disobeying and is being defiant (nushooz), and he is no longer obliged to spend on her and clothe her.

The husband should admonish her and remind her of the punishment of Allaah, and forsake her in her bed. He also has the right to hit her, in a manner that does not cause injury. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“As to those women on whose part you see ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (next) refuse to share their beds, (and last) beat them (lightly, if it is useful); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them means (of annoyance). Surely, Allaah is Ever Most High, Most Great”

cont
Islam Question and Answer - Husband forcing his wife to have intercourse

Here are some Fatwas on slaves

Ruling on having intercourse with a slave woman when one has a wife

Question

Could you please clarify for me something that has been troubling me for a while. This concerns the right of a man to have sexual relations with slave girls. Is this so? If it is then is the man allowed to have relations with her as well his wife/wives. Also, is it true that a man can have sexual relations with any number of slave girls and with their own wife/wives also? I have read that Hazrat Ali had 17 slave girls and Hazrat Umar also had many. Surely if a man were allowed this freedom then this could lead to neglecting the wife's needs. Could you also tell clarify wether the wife has got any say in this matter.

Answer
Praise be to Allaah.

Islam allows a man to have intercourse with his slave woman, whether he has a wife or wives or he is not married.

A slave woman with whom a man has intercourse is known as a sariyyah (concubine) from the word sirr, which means marriage.

This is indicated by the Qur’aan and Sunnah, and this was done by the Prophets. Ibraaheem (peace be upon him) took Haajar as a concubine and she bore him Ismaa’eel (may peace be upon them all).

Our Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) also did that, as did the Sahaabah, the righteous and the scholars. The scholars are unanimously agreed on that and it is not permissible for anyone to regard it as haraam or to forbid it. Whoever regards that as haraam is a sinner who is going against the consensus of the scholars.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And if you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly with the orphan girls then marry (other) women of your choice, two or three, or four; but if you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one or (slaves) that your right hands possess. That is nearer to prevent you from doing injustice”

cont
Islam Question and Answer - Ruling on having intercourse with a slave woman when one has a wife

The difference between slaves and prostitutes

Question
I've heard that it is allowed for men to have intercourse with their slaves. Does that stand for women too, & if men can have intercourse with their slaves (the ones they have bought) then why is it so much ill thought of the prostitutes...they too are, kind of bought at others will, for shorter time period perhaps. Can you make all this clear & why is it so that Islam did not stop slavery....they are humans as well, & are against their will kept in captivity & against their will may be forced into intercourse?

answer

Praise be to Allaah.

Slavery in Islam was originally prescribed because of Kufr. If there is jihaad between the Muslims and the kuffaar, and a number of kuffaar are taken prisoner, the commander is given the choice of sharing them out, doing them a favour (by releasing them) or paying their ransom. If they are shared out as part of the booty, they become slaves, subject to the laws governing products which may be sold. But at the same time, Islam urges the freeing of slaves and makes doing so an act of expiation for numerous sins. In principle, slavery is not something that is desirable; what is encouraged in Islam is the freeing of slaves. If a woman is enslaved according to sharee’ah, it is permissible for her master to have intercourse with her. This is unlike prostitution or zinaa, which Islam has forbidden as a precaution against mixing lineages and other reasons for which it is forbidden. There is no comparison between the two, because if a slave woman becomes pregnant, the child belongs to the master and she becomes free when he dies, because she has become the mother of the master’s child (umm walad), and is subject to the same rulings as a wife. And Allaah knows best.

Islam Question and Answer - The difference between slaves and prostitutes

Here are some Fatwas

Hitting one’s wife?

Question

snip
I would like to know if it is correct that the Coran permits a man to bit his wife? If that’s true how could you explain that?.

answer
snip
The hadeeth may be understood as meaning that a man has the right to hit his wife, in a manner that is not harsh and does not cause injury if if there is a reason for that, such as her going against his wishes or disobeying him.

This is like the verse in which Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“As to those women on whose part you see ill‑conduct, admonish them (first), (next) refuse to share their beds, (and last) beat them (lightly, if it is useful); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them means (of annoyance). Surely, Allaah is Ever Most High, Most Great”

[al-Nisa’ 4:34]

If a woman rebels against her husband and disobeys his commands, then he should follow this method of admonishing her, forsaking her in bed and hitting her. Hitting is subject to the condition that it should not be harsh or cause injury. Al-Hasan al-Basri said: this means that it should not cause pain.

‘Ata’ said: I said to Ibn ‘Abbaas, what is the kind of hitting that is not harsh? He said, Hitting with a siwaak and the like. [A siwaak is a small stick or twig used for cleaning the teeth - Translator]

The purpose behind this is not to hurt or humiliate the woman, rather it is intended to make her realize that she has transgressed against her husband’s rights, and that her husband has the right to set her straight and discipline her.
And Allaah knows best.

Islam Question and Answer - Hitting one?s wife?

Husband forcing his wife to have intercourse

Question
Is it permissible for a man to force his wife or slave to have intercourse if she refuses?.

answer
Praise be to Allaah.

The woman does not have the right to refuse her husband, rather she must respond to his request every time he calls her, so long as that will not harm her or keep her from doing an obligatory duty.

Al-Bukhaari (3237) and Muslim (1436) narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “If a man calls his wife to his bed and she refuses, and he spends the night angry with her, the angels curse her until morning.”

If she refuses with no excuse, she is disobeying and is being defiant (nushooz), and he is no longer obliged to spend on her and clothe her.

The husband should admonish her and remind her of the punishment of Allaah, and forsake her in her bed. He also has the right to hit her, in a manner that does not cause injury. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“As to those women on whose part you see ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (next) refuse to share their beds, (and last) beat them (lightly, if it is useful); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them means (of annoyance). Surely, Allaah is Ever Most High, Most Great”

cont
Islam Question and Answer - Husband forcing his wife to have intercourse

Here are some Fatwas on slaves

Ruling on having intercourse with a slave woman when one has a wife

Question

Could you please clarify for me something that has been troubling me for a while. This concerns the right of a man to have sexual relations with slave girls. Is this so? If it is then is the man allowed to have relations with her as well his wife/wives. Also, is it true that a man can have sexual relations with any number of slave girls and with their own wife/wives also? I have read that Hazrat Ali had 17 slave girls and Hazrat Umar also had many. Surely if a man were allowed this freedom then this could lead to neglecting the wife's needs. Could you also tell clarify wether the wife has got any say in this matter.

Answer
Praise be to Allaah.

Islam allows a man to have intercourse with his slave woman, whether he has a wife or wives or he is not married.

A slave woman with whom a man has intercourse is known as a sariyyah (concubine) from the word sirr, which means marriage.

This is indicated by the Qur’aan and Sunnah, and this was done by the Prophets. Ibraaheem (peace be upon him) took Haajar as a concubine and she bore him Ismaa’eel (may peace be upon them all).

Our Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) also did that, as did the Sahaabah, the righteous and the scholars. The scholars are unanimously agreed on that and it is not permissible for anyone to regard it as haraam or to forbid it. Whoever regards that as haraam is a sinner who is going against the consensus of the scholars.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And if you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly with the orphan girls then marry (other) women of your choice, two or three, or four; but if you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one or (slaves) that your right hands possess. That is nearer to prevent you from doing injustice”

cont
Islam Question and Answer - Ruling on having intercourse with a slave woman when one has a wife

The difference between slaves and prostitutes

Question
I've heard that it is allowed for men to have intercourse with their slaves. Does that stand for women too, & if men can have intercourse with their slaves (the ones they have bought) then why is it so much ill thought of the prostitutes...they too are, kind of bought at others will, for shorter time period perhaps. Can you make all this clear & why is it so that Islam did not stop slavery....they are humans as well, & are against their will kept in captivity & against their will may be forced into intercourse?

answer

Praise be to Allaah.

Slavery in Islam was originally prescribed because of Kufr. If there is jihaad between the Muslims and the kuffaar, and a number of kuffaar are taken prisoner, the commander is given the choice of sharing them out, doing them a favour (by releasing them) or paying their ransom. If they are shared out as part of the booty, they become slaves, subject to the laws governing products which may be sold. But at the same time, Islam urges the freeing of slaves and makes doing so an act of expiation for numerous sins. In principle, slavery is not something that is desirable; what is encouraged in Islam is the freeing of slaves. If a woman is enslaved according to sharee’ah, it is permissible for her master to have intercourse with her. This is unlike prostitution or zinaa, which Islam has forbidden as a precaution against mixing lineages and other reasons for which it is forbidden. There is no comparison between the two, because if a slave woman becomes pregnant, the child belongs to the master and she becomes free when he dies, because she has become the mother of the master’s child (umm walad), and is subject to the same rulings as a wife. And Allaah knows best.

Islam Question and Answer - The difference between slaves and prostitutes

As you said its "Fatawa"
Translation : A terms said by a Shiekh from his point of view .
Many Fatwas are conflicting, but I think everyone has got brain to do whats right .

The majority of honour killings take place in countries with muslim, hindu, or sikh populations and almost all are commited by these groups. Even in countries such as the US, Canada, and England those who commit such grusome murders are members of these religions. But religion is not to blame. Honour killings reflect longstanding patriarchal tribal traditions. In a bizarre duality, women are viewed on the one hand as fragile creatures who need protection and on the other as evil Jezebels from whom society needs protection. Patriarchal tradition casts the male as the sole protector of the female so he must have total control of her. If his protection is violated, he loses honour because either he failed to protect her or he failed to bring her up correctly. Clearly, the vulnerability of women around the world to this type of violence will only be reduced when these patriarchal mindsets are challenged and effectively confronted.

In some countries laws against honour killing do not exist or are not enforced. And those who commit honour killings are held in high regard by there comunities and the authorities. State authorities frequently ignore their obligation to prosecute honour killings. They should be viewed as co conspirators in such crimes, and held accountable by organizations such as the United Nations.

I am following a story of an honour killing in India and will post it soon.

aqsa_parvez.jpg

Aqsa Parvez

Dec. 11, 2007 Aqsa Parvez a 16 year old Canadian girl is strangled to death by her father Muhammad Parvez. The reason, she refused to wear hijab. Aqsa's friends said she just wanted to be her self.

An update on the the prosecution of Muhammad Parvez, 60, and brother Waqsa, 29. they have both pled guilty and will receive life in prison. I hope that some crazed inmate chokes them to death like they did to Aqsa. R.I.P. Aqsa

Aqsa Parvez's father, brother plead guilty in death

Here is a story I missed about another honour killing in Canada. Calgary Alberta to be exact. Aminat Magomadova age 14, was strangled to death for two and a half minutes by her mother with a scarf. This took place on Febuary 27, 2007 in the family home. Aminat was a troubled child and fought with her mother often. Aminat's mother will not serve time. Dhimmi Justice Sal LoVecchio placed Aset Magomadova on probation for three years ruling the time behind bars sought by the prosecution wasn’t needed. Putting a Calgary mom who strangled her promiscuous 14-year-old daughter in jail would smack of vengeance, the justice said Thursday, in handing her probation instead. This is unbelievable. Could this happen in the United States?

160_murder_080916.jpg

Killer mom walks | Calgary & Alberta | News | Calgary Sun

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/C...er+gets+suspended+sentence/3282246/story.html

Last edited:
Here is a story I missed about another honour killing in Canada. Calgary Alberta to be exact. Aminat Magomadova age 14, was strangled to death for two and a half minutes by her mother with a scarf. This took place on Febuary 27, 2007 in the family home. Aminat was a troubled child and fought with her mother often. Aminat's mother will not serve time. Dhimmi Justice Sal LoVecchio placed Aset Magomadova on probation for three years ruling the time behind bars sought by the prosecution wasn’t needed. Putting a Calgary mom who strangled her promiscuous 14-year-old daughter in jail would smack of vengeance, the justice said Thursday, in handing her probation instead. This is unbelievable. Could this happen in the United States?

160_murder_080916.jpg

Killer mom walks | Calgary & Alberta | News | Calgary Sun

Calgary mom who strangled daughter gets suspended sentence

The girl in Calgary was not just promiscuous but rather violent as well. The mother argued that the girl came at her with a knife the day of the killing. This was not an honour killing.
Former teacher attacked by strangled Calgary girl still shaken, court hears

She said she had worked with troubled children for four years, but prior assaults had been mainly reactive. This one, however, was aggressive in nature.

"The whole time, (Aminat) was trying to get me down to the ground, she was looking me in the eye, calling me (derrogatory names) over and over. I hadn't experienced this before."

Wakely said she contacted police and pressed charges the following day.

Aminat pleaded guilty to the assault in January 2007, court heard, and was to be sentenced on the afternoon of the day she died.

The teacher said she also dealt with the girl in September when she threatened to kill a boy three years younger at the school.

Another school staff member, support worker Terrilyn Binda, testified that she was assaulted twice and verbally threatened by Aminat that fall while the girl was in the bridges program for students coded as having severe emotional social behaviour.

One, she recalled, was after cigarettes and ecstacy were found in a search of her locker. Binda said the girl became physical, pushed her and threatened her.

"She said, 'I don't take how many knives it takes, I will stab all of you.'"

On another occasion, said Binda, Aminat was being disruptive, and Binda tried to block the girl from getting into gym class, and Aminat "hit me with her fists or hands on my back."

Court has previously heard that Aminat was expelled from three schools, although both Wakely and Binda told Crown prosecutor Sarah Bhola she was not expelled as a result of the incidents involving them.

That occurred, they said, in early November as a result of an accumulation of events.

Tyndale is trying to convince court that his client was acting in self-defence.

Aset testified last week that her daughter came at her with a knife and she grabbed a scarf and wrapped it around Aminat's neck to save herself.

This may not be an honour killing but this girl was not killed in self defense either. I find this verdict extremely disturbing. Amanit was strangled to death. If I strangled my daughter to death in Calgary do you supose I would receive probation?

Jihad Watch: Search Results

This may not be an honour killing but this girl was not killed in self defense either. I find this verdict extremely disturbing. Amanit was strangled to death. If I strangled my daughter to death in Calgary do you supose I would receive probation?

Jihad Watch: Search Results

depends on your daughter and why you killed her

Where did you go Lord, I didn't mean to scare you off. Damn, I wish I didn't have this effect on people. Its lonely being SgtRock......

Could you give an example of a justified strangulation of ones daughter excluding self defense or the defense of another?

The above case was argued as self defense, the mother said the daughter came at her with a knife, which is when she grabbed the scarf and killed her.

She was found guilt, but given the high probability the daughter did come at her with a knife the judge decided jail was not justified

I expect the judge also was influenced by the womans history when deciding on sentancing

Last edited:
The above case was argued as self defense, the mother said the daughter came at her with a knife, which is when she grabbed the scarf and killed her.

She was found guilt, but given the high probability the daughter did come at her with a knife the judge decided jail was not justified

I expect the judge also was influenced by the womans history when deciding on sentancing

When strangled, a person passes out first, and should the strangulation end, they come to. THey usually suffer a bruised neck or larynx, but as long as the strangulation does not continue, they live. In order to KILL the girl, the women had to strangle her and KEEP strangling her after she passed out.

When strangled, a person passes out first, and should the strangulation end, they come to. THey usually suffer a bruised neck or larynx, but as long as the strangulation does not continue, they live. In order to KILL the girl, the women had to strangle her and KEEP strangling her after she passed out.

Which is why the woman was found guilty

As a related note

If in the US a burgler came into your house you shot him once in the leg and disabled him from being able to hurt you (ie he could not walk) and you shot him again a bit later would be charged with murder?

Last edited:
The title of this thread makes it seem like the crisis of violence against muslim women, justified by legislation and religion is a new thing.

There will likely be a lot of nutters with ''justifications'' for violence against women and so called honour killings, but I am not reading what they say, because that kind of garbage is not attention worthy. There is no excuse for such disgusting opinions.

The title of this thread makes it seem like the crisis of violence against muslim women, justified by legislation and religion is a new thing.

There will likely be a lot of nutters with ''justifications'' for violence against women and so called honour killings, but I am not reading what they say, because that kind of garbage is not attention worthy. There is no excuse for such disgusting opinions.

seems to me this thread has nothing to do with muslims, just a whackjob girl and a whackjob mom doing what whackjobs do.

seems to me this thread has nothing to do with muslims, just a whackjob girl and a whackjob mom doing what whackjobs do.

If you only read the story of this 14 year old girl killed by her mother then you would think that this thread has nothing to do with muslim women. There are many stories in this thread. Stories about a ****ed up tribal culture influenced by a ****ed up evil religion.

If you only read the story of this 14 year old girl killed by her mother then you would think that this thread has nothing to do with muslim women. There are many stories in this thread. Stories about a ****ed up tribal culture influenced by a ****ed up evil religion.

You do know that honour killing is common in Hindu and Sikh communities as well dont you. Or that killing or abuse of women from their boyfriends/husbands (ex's as well is also common in Brazil, the US, Canada. A cousin of mine was shot in the head, blinded by it because some guy was trying to kill his ex girlfriend, (he missed)

You do know that honour killing is common in Hindu and Sikh communities as well dont you. Or that killing or abuse of women from their boyfriends/husbands (ex's as well is also common in Brazil, the US, Canada. A cousin of mine was shot in the head, blinded by it because some guy was trying to kill his ex girlfriend, (he missed)

Yes I do know, I talk about honour killings amongst Hindu and Sikh in this thread and in other threads on this forum. However, as an islamophobe I would prefer to bring attention to muslim honor killings. :roll:

Yes, all too often in Islamic countries countries women are prosecuted against. Yes, it is sad and wrong. Does that mean that all Muslims are bad? No. It doesn't even mean Islam itself as a religion is bad. I've been in religious debates with just about someone from every religion. Whenever a violent quote is point out from their holy book, they say that it's context or interpretation. I don't particularly buy this, but just about every religion, and particularly the big three monotheistic religion, use the same excuse. Muslims in and of themselves are no worse than Christians or Jews in my book. Extreme Muslims are bad, just like extreme Christians and Muslims.

Point is, I see no reason to believe that Islam is violent and Christianity is peaceful. The Qur'an, Torah, and Bible all have some pretty messed up stuff in them, yet the follows of the religions don't always follow them. As long as Muslims obey the rules, and they can and do, I'm okay with them.

Back
Top Bottom