• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Muslim Scholars Issue Fatwa Against Terrorism

Although the term has been around for some time, it was James Carville that brought it to the mass media during the 90's with his unbiased take on Paula Jones and "those like her". When Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee (R) moved into a mobile home on the grounds of the Governor's Mansion that Bill Clinton had lived in as well, James Carville made rude comments about living in a trailer.

My view is that people that use derogatory terms against others are usually lacking in their own life or at the least, in their own view. Name calling shows weakness and weakness is a James Carville thinking anyone that could be convinced should listen to him.
:duel :cool:

mustafa said:
Do you know why ? not because they are jews but because they are Israelis , because they are Zions who occupied their land and killed their innocent people .....

Apparently is you who have a misconception there.

Why was there not a movement for a palestinian homeland before 1967?
Israel captured land from who? The Palestinians? NO!.. King Hussein of Jordan.
It is interesting the way these arabs err palestinians suddenly rediscovered their roots AFTER Israel won the six-day war.
There has never been a land ruled by and for palestinians. Even the name is just an insult to the Jews handed down from Rome in 70 A.D.
How are the palestinians culturally different from Syrians,Lebanese, Iraqis, or Jordanians?
Exactly where in the Koran does it say there are Islamic holy sites in Jerusalem? Mecca and Medina...Thats it. No holy sites in Jerusalem.
Meanwhile Jews were hanging around the area back when Abraham was around.

If there is a political or social solution here it should start with the historical truth at least.

Israel represents 1/10 of 1% of the middle Eastern landmass but the greedy Arabs just have to have it. Why? Read the Koran, The hadiths, and the sunnah. Its got it covered every which way. Kill the Jews,Christians, and non-believers.
What is sad is the palestinian refugees arent wanted in their own countries and are being used as weapons against Israel by their countries respective leadership to further their own agendas.

The only way Islamic violence will end is to recognize the right to not be a Muslim.

And that is not in the Koran.

akyron said:
Israel represents 1/10 of 1% of the middle Eastern landmass but the greedy Arabs just have to have it. Why? Read the Koran, The hadiths, and the sunnah. Its got it covered every which way. Kill the Jews,Christians, and non-believers.
What is sad is the palestinian refugees arent wanted in their own countries and are being used as weapons against Israel by their countries respective leadership to further their own agendas.

One would think, in a civilized fashion, that the West bank & Gaza would have been built up into a great land...a shining example for the world that the people of these areas could lift themselves up and be part of the global community..Instead, they throw rocks and blame others...

Navy Pride said:
Prior to 9/11/01 no one pays much attention to moslem terrorists.......Clinton and his administration treated terrorism as a police action........That all changed after 9/11/01......It became a whole new ballgame.......

You didn't answer the point...

So, asking the muslim community to "turn down" the terrorists is plain stupid. It is the same as requesting US citizens to turn down their terrorists because of the Mc Veigh attack.

The muslim community knows who the terrorists are as much as YOU knew and didn't turn down Mc Veigh. The only thing any community can do is condemn attacks against civilians, be it terrorist or invader army. BTW, 9I didn't see much condemnation from your part about the civilians killed in Iraq by the occupation forces.

Y

Navy Pride said:
Of course the hundreds of thousands that Saddam murdered is nothing....:roll:

You Saddam apologists crack me up...........
What cracks me up are people like you unable to make a difference between thinking this stupid war is illegal and supporting a dictator.

Well, that must be that black and white view all bush apologists seem to have these days.

Oh, and BTW, WHO sold Saddam the very weapons he used to gas the kurds?

Y

gordontravels said:
QUOTES by epr64 in Black - If you read correctly what I said...

So, if I understand you correctly, the nazis didn't call the french resistants "terrorists"? Hmmm. Maybe I didn't read as much as you, but the first-hand stories from my father seem to tell me the opposite. And , would the nazis have won, the terminology wouldn't have been changed. The history books would call them terrorists.

Anyway, I'll try to find the book you're referring to. Seems quite interesting.

CU
Y

akyron said:
Apparently is you who have a misconception there.

Why was there not a movement for a palestinian homeland before 1967?
Israel captured land from who? The Palestinians? NO!.. King Hussein of Jordan.
It is interesting the way these arabs err palestinians suddenly rediscovered their roots AFTER Israel won the six-day war.
There has never been a land ruled by and for palestinians. Even the name is just an insult to the Jews handed down from Rome in 70 A.D.
How are the palestinians culturally different from Syrians,Lebanese, Iraqis, or Jordanians?
Exactly where in the Koran does it say there are Islamic holy sites in Jerusalem? Mecca and Medina...Thats it. No holy sites in Jerusalem.
Meanwhile Jews were hanging around the area back when Abraham was around.

If there is a political or social solution here it should start with the historical truth at least.

The only way Islamic violence will end is to recognize the right to not be a Muslim.

And that is not in the Koran.

Palestine existed before the creation of the state of Israel, as British protectorate. But that's NOT the point.
The point is that the UN created the state of Israel after a very effective terrorist campaign from groups like Stern and Irgun. There were then massive expulsions of the people living on those grounds to refugee camps.

After the 6 days war, Israel militarily occupied a much larger zone, and started once again a massive policy of expulsions. More refugees. Multiple UNSC resolutions, all vetoed by the US except those NOT including the sending of military to force Israel back to its original borders.

When the Palestinians saw that NOONE would stop the expulsions, humiliations et al that Israel cast on them every single day, they started fighting back.

I loved it when ex-terrorists like Beghin condemned the palestinian terrorist attacks. Can you say one-way thinking?

Y

cnredd said:
One would think, in a civilized fashion, that the West bank & Gaza would have been built up into a great land...a shining example for the world that the people of these areas could lift themselves up and be part of the global community..Instead, they throw rocks and blame others...

Man that entire region is one of the "oldest" civilizations on the earth.

If the 9th century Iraqi scientist who invented Algebra had been followed with the fanatical fervor the psychotic Mohammed was accorded Arabs would have ruled the earth for the last thousand years easily.

one-way.jpg

I knew I should've taken that left turn at Albuquerque! --Bugs Bunny

epr64 said:
After the 6 days war, Israel militarily occupied a much larger zone, and started once again a massive policy of expulsions. More refugees. Multiple UNSC resolutions, all vetoed by the US except those NOT including the sending of military to force Israel back to its original borders.
Y

Under the UN you get to keep land captured from an attacker. That is a fitting punishment don't you agree?

epr64 said:
So, if I understand you correctly, the nazis didn't call the french resistants "terrorists"? Hmmm.

Please seal the door and windows, stick your head in an oven and turn the gas up to full blast. Thank you.

akyron said:
muslims have ( Al aqsa mosque ) in palestine ... when muslim pray they all ,no matter where they are , stand facing ( al ka'aba) in mecca alrite , before it was ( Al ka'aba ) they used to face ( Alaqsa ) mosque , so it is holy spot for muslims .....

[/QUOTE]

cnredd said:
Instead, they throw rocks and blame others...
They throw rocks because there is nothing else for them to defend themselves , They throw rocks because the Israelis throw bullets at them They throw rocks because they refuse to give up thier rightfull struggle ...
:2wave:

epr64 said:
Palestine existed before the creation of the state of Israel, as British protectorate. But that's NOT the point.
The point is that the UN created the state of Israel after a very effective terrorist campaign from groups like Stern and Irgun. There were then massive expulsions of the people living on those grounds to refugee camps.

When the Palestinians saw that NOONE would stop the expulsions, humiliations et al that Israel cast on them every single day, they started fighting back.

I loved it when ex-terrorists like Beghin condemned the palestinian terrorist attacks. Can you say one-way thinking?

Y

:applaud well said bro

akyron said:
Man that entire region is one of the "oldest" civilizations on the earth.

fanatical fervor the psychotic Mohammed
that is so low :thumbdown
If you disagree with someone , you should critisize and illustrate why you disagree , but to call him that , especially a man with so much followers ... its just low ..... no body disrespected jesus rite

epr64 said:
What cracks me up are people like you unable to make a difference between thinking this stupid war is illegal and supporting a dictator.

Well, that must be that black and white view all bush apologists seem to have these days.

Oh, and BTW, WHO sold Saddam the very weapons he used to gas the kurds?

Y

No epr64. Who gassed the Kurds? To ask the question any other way is to blame the gun manufacturer instead of the punk who shoots your sister. I support President Bush and I'm no apologist because I realize there are those around like you. And who do I think you are? Someone that only has a black and white view? Couldn't it be said?

QUOTING YOU: What cracks me up are people like you unable to make a difference between thinking this stupid war is illegal and supporting a dictator. QUOTING ENDED.

When I fought in war we had protesters here in the states but our government and media kept the word from us while we did what we had to do. Our soldiers do that today. I always wonder about our politicians who say they support the troops and then undercut them with words that not only will they hear but will find the ears of their enemies as well. Don't tell me you support our troops in Iraq because I read how you say the things you do.

There is nothing illegal about the War in Iraq and I realize that your label of "stupid war" is really said with the drip off your tongue of "you stupid people" that support it and our President. You come back from your Nazi rantings to call the President of the United States a "dictator" when even John Kerry voted for this war like Hillary just as her husband said she would have to do years ago.

Seeing your view of the world I would be proud to stand by Navy Pride and many others here and I am so very very happy you are in the minority. Minority means the least and that's the least I can say about you.
:duel :cool:

akyron said:
Under the UN you get to keep land captured from an attacker. That is a fitting punishment don't you agree?
ROFL. And please tell me where that "rule" is written?

You like joking, don't you? Or do you think 'bout Iraq? :shoot :

Y

gordontravels said:
No epr64. Who gassed the Kurds? To ask the question any other way is to blame the gun manufacturer instead of the punk who shoots your sister. I support President Bush and I'm no apologist because I realize there are those around like you. And who do I think you are? Someone that only has a black and white view? Couldn't it be said?

The gun manufacturer? Nope, the gang leader who shoves a fistfull of bullets in the hands of a member of his gang, telling him "kill someone". Wouldn't you want him jailed too, or would you be willing to wait your wife is killed after your daughter?

QUOTING YOU: What cracks me up are people like you unable to make a difference between thinking this stupid war is illegal and supporting a dictator. QUOTING ENDED.

When I fought in war we had protesters here in the states but our government and media kept the word from us while we did what we had to do. Our soldiers do that today. I always wonder about our politicians who say they support the troops and then undercut them with words that not only will they hear but will find the ears of their enemies as well. Don't tell me you support our troops in Iraq because I read how you say the things you do.

I suppose you're talking 'bout Nam. When you fought that war, the people of the US said what they thought. Do you think that shouldn't be allowed? As far as "supporting the troops" is discussed, do you mean that noone could say anything against this war because troops are dying? Or do you mean that supporting the troops is making sure they are not put in harm's way for stupid and illegal reasons?

There is nothing illegal about the War in Iraq and I realize that your label of "stupid war" is really said with the drip off your tongue of "you stupid people" that support it and our President. You come back from your Nazi rantings to call the President of the United States a "dictator" when even John Kerry voted for this war like Hillary just as her husband said she would have to do years ago.

Well, if someone as intelligent as you says that the war is legal, it must be true. The whole world community should shut up if YOU say the war is legal. Just a hint: Afghanistan: UNSC agreement, legal war. Iraq: UNSC veto if the question was raised, illegal war. Difficult to understand?
As for stupid people, YOU put that in my mouth not me. I think a whole people cannot be stupid, neither intelligent. Maybe you think differently.
As for John Kerry (a.k.a Dubya lite), please allow me to leave for a while while I vomit.

Seeing your view of the world I would be proud to stand by Navy Pride and many others here and I am so very very happy you are in the minority. Minority means the least and that's the least I can say about you.

YOUR view of the world allows tens of thousands to be killed for a useless, illegal and stupid war. As far as minority is concerned, did you see the last polls concerning the Iraq war? YOU are the minority, and a criminal one at that.

Y

vergiss said:
Please seal the door and windows, stick your head in an oven and turn the gas up to full blast. Thank you.
Maybe you would care to explain?

CU
Y

mustafa said:
muslims have ( Al aqsa mosque ) in palestine ... when muslim pray they all ,no matter where they are , stand facing ( al ka'aba) in mecca alrite , before it was ( Al ka'aba ) they used to face ( Alaqsa ) mosque , so it is holy spot for muslims .....
[/QUOTE]
Not true. In fact, the Koran says nothing about Jerusalem. It mentions Mecca hundreds of times. It mentions Medina countless times. It never mentions Jerusalem. With good reason. There is no historical evidence to suggest Mohammed ever visited Jerusalem.

So how did Jerusalem become the third holiest site of Islam? Muslims today cite a vague passage in the Koran, the seventeenth Sura, entitled "The Night Journey." It relates that in a dream or a vision Mohammed was carried by night "from the sacred temple to the temple that is most remote, whose precinct we have blessed, that we might show him our signs. ..." In the seventh century, some Muslims identified the two temples mentioned in this verse as being in Mecca and Jerusalem. And that's as close as Islam's connection with Jerusalem gets -- myth, fantasy, wishful thinking.

mustafa said:
that is so low :thumbdown
If you disagree with someone , you should critisize and illustrate why you disagree , but to call him that , especially a man with so much followers ... its just low ..... no body disrespected jesus rite

uhh he was crucified. I guess that could be considered disrespect.

When one tip is given from inside a mosque, from a member of their own church......then I will be more open to rejoice in this "fatwa":roll:

vergiss said:
[mod mode] Until further notice, this sort of thing is inappropriate for any forum. [/mod mode]

Simon W. Moon said:
[mod mode] Until further notice, this sort of thing is inappropriate for any forum. [/mod mode]

He was doing the old compare-America-to-the-Nazis trick.

So I figure that once he's been gassed, he'll have the authority to say such things. ;)

vergiss said:
He was doing the old compare-America-to-the-Nazis trick.

So I figure that once he's been gassed, he'll have the authority to say such things. ;)

Now, I understand what you meant. And it visibly means you don't understand what I wrote. Please try again.

Y

gordontravels said:
QUOTES by epr64 in Black - If you read correctly what I said...

I just went back and read it and I read it correctly, word for word, just as you wrote it.

AS THE GERMANS LOST, it's the French (among others) who wrote history. So, they are NOT labelled terrorists. IF the Gremans had won, they would have been labelled terrorists. As you stated correctly, the German invaders called the French resistance terrorists.

In Iraq, the invasion army is the US-led coalition. The Iraqi army and police are helping the invadors. If you take the situation in France during WWII, the French police was a legitimate target, as they helped the nazis. So, the fatwa condeming attacks against civilians but accepting attacks against the military and their allies is understandable.

I said no such thing about the Germans calling the French Resistance terrorists.

I have been a scholar of WWII since the late 60's and I have never heard anyone, not anyone try to connect the French Underground who laid the foundation for the D Day Invasion accused of being a terrorist organization except maybe the German Nazis:doh .

Do you wish for the link also? :doh

Y

Back
Top Bottom