• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Muslim preacher says it is 'permissible' under Islam to have sex slaves...

Why focus solely on muslims, if you wish to express concern about religious leaders taking advantage of people in a sexual manner? There's a massive history of sexual abuse and rape within various Christian churches.

Why focus solely on muslims, if you wish to express concern about religious leaders taking advantage of people in a sexual manner? There's a massive history of sexual abuse and rape within various Christian churches.

Of course - we can go right back to the Dark Ages to start cataloguing - meanwhile Islam has made it more convenient by staying in the Dark Ages.

You of the Orwellian Left have decided to throw women under a bus, when it comes to avoiding criticism of your new favorite religion, Islam.

Of course - we can go right back to the Dark Ages to start cataloguing - meanwhile Islam has made it more convenient by staying in the Dark Ages. You of the Orwellian Left have decided to throw women under a bus, when it comes to avoiding criticism of your new favorite religion, Islam.

That's a very strange reaction. Is there some reason you ONLY want to talk about things you don't like about muslims and not about any other comparable misdeeds by members of other religions?

When was the last time a Christian priest openly advocated for sexual abuse and rape?
When was the last time a Christian priest openly advocated for beheading non-believers?
When was the last time a Christian group mass-murdered a bunch of gay folks (ok...discounting Westboro Baptist Nutcases)?

Yes, historically Christians have done horrible things, but they're not stuck in the middle ages. Islam is.

When was the last time a Christian priest openly advocated for sexual abuse and rape?
When was the last time a Christian priest openly advocated for beheading non-believers?
When was the last time a Christian group mass-murdered a bunch of gay folks (ok...discounting Westboro Baptist Nutcases)?
Yes, historically Christians have done horrible things, but they're not stuck in the middle ages. Islam is.

I pointed out that there has been a massive ongoing sex abuse and rape scandal going on within the church - headline after headline after headline, for years. This is not "middle ages. The points were:

1. If someone is going to (pretend to?) be concerned about sex abuse by religious leaders, why would that someone only talk about muslims?

2. The people who talk only about muslims generally engage in hypocrisy on the subject by holding all muslims accountable for the actions of a few, but do not hold the actions Christians/whites/Americans, whatever.

This isn't a muslims-only problem. It's widespread and surfaces in just about any religion, or even any similar power structure or dynamic. Yet, we have threads like this again and again on DP, started just to smear muslims.

Kevin Swanson: Yes, Romans Chapter 1 verse 32 the Apostle Paul does says that homosexuals are worthy of death. His words not mine! And I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ! And I am not ashamed of the truth of the word of God. And I am willing to go to jail…

…Now my friends let me introduce to you the next candidate for the office of President of the United States, folks please make welcome Senator Ted Cruz.

I pointed out that there has been a massive ongoing sex abuse and rape scandal going on within the church - headline after headline after headline, for years. This is not "middle ages. The points were:

1. If someone is going to (pretend to?) be concerned about sex abuse by religious leaders, why would that someone only talk about muslims?

2. The people who talk only about muslims generally engage in hypocrisy on the subject by holding all muslims accountable for the actions of a few, but do not hold the actions Christians/whites/Americans, whatever.

This isn't a muslims-only problem. It's widespread and surfaces in just about any religion, or even any similar power structure or dynamic. Yet, we have threads like this again and again on DP, started just to smear muslims.

Why perpetuate that lie? It is in the millions, much more than a few. That is reality. You are in denial.

If someone is going to (pretend to?) be concerned about sex abuse by religious leaders, why would that someone only talk about muslims?
There still is no Christian leader that openly advocates for sex abuse. What a minuscule percentage of corrupt priests do in private does not dictate the overall stance of the religion as a whole.

The people who talk only about muslims generally engage in hypocrisy on the subject by holding all muslims accountable for the actions of a few, but do not hold the actions Christians/whites/Americans, whatever.
You're only partially right. It's the radical muslims that people are concerned about. Otherwise, we'd be rounding up all the civilians in Afghanistan and Iraq. I for one know three Muslim people. They're perfectly functional members of society who are tolerant and accepting of everyone. It's those cowards behind the balaclavas that are cutting peoples' heads off that is the problem.

No. Stop white-knighting the open violence. Stop white-knighting a group of people who've openly declared war on anyone who doesn't agree with them.

Kevin Swanson: Yes, Romans Chapter 1 verse 32 the Apostle Paul does says that homosexuals are worthy of death. His words not mine! And I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ! And I am not ashamed of the truth of the word of God. And I am willing to go to jail…

…Now my friends let me introduce to you the next candidate for the office of President of the United States, folks please make welcome Senator Ted Cruz.
Right...'cause ONE insignificant person is the world is the funnel in which your opinion of a global religion is interpreted.

The last I saw, it was a radical Muslim that killed all those gay folks in Orlando. He wasn't a Christian. Current events contradict your opinion.

Right...'cause ONE insignificant person is the world is the funnel in which your opinion of a global religion is interpreted.
Yer argument was:

the last time a Christian priest

You created an absolute argument ("a", singular), I only had to show ONE example. I did not set the criteria, you did. If you want to move your goal post, you can.

The point is, there are radicals on both sides....because that is human nature. Those who want to make racist argument, that one ethnicity/religious group/other artificial division is inferior to another, is playing a dead-end game.

Why? Because the OP is about that....not about others.

Of course - we can go right back to the Dark Ages to start cataloguing - meanwhile Islam has made it more convenient by staying in the Dark Ages.

You of the Orwellian Left have decided to throw women under a bus, when it comes to avoiding criticism of your new favorite religion, Islam.

Boy howdy.

That's a very strange reaction. Is there some reason you ONLY want to talk about things you don't like about muslims and not about any other comparable misdeeds by members of other religions?

Sure is. See my post above.

Absolutely.

Stop trying to deflect from the Truth by misdirecting the conversation.

I'll side with Paul the Apostle. ;)

Why perpetuate that lie? It is in the millions, much more than a few. That is reality. You are in denial.

He sure is!

Yer argument was:

the last time a Christian priest

You created an absolute argument ("a", singular), I only had to show ONE example. I did not set the criteria, you did. If you want to move your goal post, you can.

The point is, there are radicals on both sides....because that is human nature. Those who want to make racist argument, that one ethnicity/religious group/other artificial division is inferior to another, is playing a dead-end game.

If by racist, you are talking about what really happens in today's world....don't let any facts get in your way.

Inferior? Those who still live in the 7th Century A.D., I'd call inferior. I mean, why would any reasonable and prudent person think otherwise?

Stop trying to deflect from the Truth by misdirecting the conversation.

What "conversation"? You started a thread to dishonestly and hypocritically smear muslims, hoping that other Trump supporters would join in the fun. You weren't actually trying to talk about anything.

Why is it whenever somebody posts a thread about Muslims, you immediately say "hey look over there"?

Do you have any comment on the OP or by your silence on the matter are you OK with what the Preacher said?

Why is it whenever somebody posts a thread about Muslims, you immediately say "hey look over there"?

Dishonest hypocrisy bothers me. Maybe other people don't have a problem with it. I thought it when I explained the following:

Threads like this simply have no credibility when the people who create or rush to defend them fail to recognize equally vile behaviors amongst the groups to which they belong, like Christianity.

Do you have any comment on the OP or by your silence on the matter are you OK with what the Preacher said?

This looks like a stupid personal attack. It also looks like what you purported to criticize - a "hey, look over there."

I'm not the subject of this thread. Hating muslims is. Are you OK with hating muslims because of what one of them said? If so, are you also OK with hating Christians because of what one of them said?

If misdeeds are coming out of a particular group every week, as compared to once a year for all the other groups, then certainly it would indicate a more serious problem in the particular group, which would have to be more seriously addressed.

Why perpetuate that lie?
It is in the millions, much more than a few.
That is reality. You are in denial.

There are 1.6 billion muslims on this planet.

Those who try to blame all of them for the actions of terrorists are bigots.

There are 1.6 billion muslims on this planet.

Those who try to blame all of them for the actions of terrorists are bigots.

Bigot this. And stop with the ALL crap. No one blames ALL Muslims. The apologists say that.

Back
Top Bottom