• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Muslim preacher says it is 'permissible' under Islam to have sex slaves...

I addressed a problem-Bigotry towards totally innocent muslims.

Lots of far-right losers who support Trump have this problem and they'll still have it after he's defeated.

Ya...right! :2rofll:

I see, terror attacks will stop if Hillary is elected.

Some would believe that...

I addressed a problem-Bigotry towards totally innocent muslims.

Lots of far-right losers who support Trump have this problem and they'll still have it after he's defeated.

I see that with an increase in Trump's poll numbers, you are showing signs of real fear of him winning. :2razz:

When was the last time a Christian priest openly advocated for sexual abuse and rape?
When was the last time a Christian priest openly advocated for beheading non-believers?
When was the last time a Christian group mass-murdered a bunch of gay folks (ok...discounting Westboro Baptist Nutcases)?

Yes, historically Christians have done horrible things, but they're not stuck in the middle ages. Islam is.

If any member of the Westboro Baptist Church has ever murdered any homosexuals at all, I missed the news.

Why is this so hard for the right?

There is nothing wrong with calling out individual people when those human people do ugly things, like the piece of **** mentioned in the OP (I'm assuming the truth of the allegations).

There is everything wrong with calling out Islam, when one person of the islamic faith does an ugly thing.

I don't know - and do not believe - that anybody honestly misunderstands this. It's not only gross, stupid, and unfair group condemnation, it's also the rankest hypocrisy. You don't "call out America" when an American commits one of the 1,400,000 violent crimes committed here every year, so why call out "Islam" when one person who happens to be Islamic says that sex slaves are cool?

You don't call out Christianity because the bible talks about executing homosexuals and even sons who "curse" the father, and you wouldn't do it even if you could find some crazy secret group of 4 Christians who follow insane mandates from the bible. You'd say that no, those are just some bad apples. Why can't people say that about muslims? There are 1,600,000,000 of them.

That's a lot. And certainly, when you look at poor rural areas in places like Aghanistan, there's an unfortunately high rate of medevil thinking. But that's not "Islam" or "muslims"; that's a half-***ed nuanced approach that at least recognizes that you cannot hold 1.6 billion people accountable for the actions of anyone other than their own, individually.

This really shouldn't be so hard.

Muslim jihadists are inspired to commit their barbaric acts by the most orthodox texts of Islam. You would like to deny the fact that many millions of people around the world who identify themselves as Muslims believe it is their religious duty to convert unbelievers to Islam, and to enslave or kill those who refuse. The problem Islam presents people in free, democratic nations lies with that religion itself--and they go right to its core. Islam, at least the version of it a substantial proportion of the world's Muslims subscribe to, is not compatible with the democratic ideals and personal liberties of advanced Western nations. If what we are witnessing in Europe does not make that clear, it's hard to see what ever could.

Leftists reveal something about themselves by continually springing to the defense of a supremacist religion that is intolerant of Jews and Christians, and which justifies--among other unpleasant things--the oppression of women and the killing of homosexuals. Andy McCarthy documented this unholy alliance in a fine book I recommend, "The Grand Jihad: How Islam and the Left Sabotage America."

I pointed out that there has been a massive ongoing sex abuse and rape scandal going on within the church - headline after headline after headline, for years. This is not "middle ages. The points were:

Your words betray you. In the Catholic Church it's a scandal. In many parts of the Muslim majority world, it's not a scandal at all, it's normal. And then we have our military members punished for stopping it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/21/w...-ignore-afghan-allies-abuse-of-boys.html?_r=0

US soldiers disciplined for stopping rape of children by Afghan police « Hot Air

Why is this so hard for the right?
1. I'm not on the right. I'm a pretty liberal guy.

There is nothing wrong with calling out individual people when those human people do ugly things, like the piece of **** mentioned in the OP (I'm assuming the truth of the allegations).

There is everything wrong with calling out Islam, when one person of the islamic faith does an ugly thing.

Ok. Please show me where in the original post, the poster condemned every single muslim or the entirety of the islamic faith. You came in and started complaining before anyone had said anything beyond "hey, this thing happened". He didn't even give an opinion before you started mouthing off. And that makes you look ridiculous.

And I don't support condemning an entire faith for one persons actions, but when the one person is quoting directly from the holy book it's stupid to say that the actions/comments have nothing to do with the faith.

Religions greatest days were in the dark ages. What else would you expect.

I pointed out that there has been a massive ongoing sex abuse and rape scandal going on within the church - headline after headline after headline, for years. This is not "middle ages. The points were:

1. If someone is going to (pretend to?) be concerned about sex abuse by religious leaders, why would that someone only talk about muslims?

2. The people who talk only about muslims generally engage in hypocrisy on the subject by holding all muslims accountable for the actions of a few, but do not hold the actions Christians/whites/Americans, whatever.

This isn't a muslims-only problem. It's widespread and surfaces in just about any religion, or even any similar power structure or dynamic. Yet, we have threads like this again and again on DP, started just to smear muslims.

No there isn't. There is a massively over-publicized problem within the Catholic Church that's no worse that the massively under-publicized problem with schoolteachers. The only difference is that media has chosen to over-report one and under-report the other.

You don't need a preacher to say that.. It's right in the quran..

Paul was preaching the word of God, that word still applies today. Has nothing to do with sex slavery or beheading people !.
Oh, wait, let me remind you what the point was....because yer avoiding it. The point was there was a demand for anyone to point out where a modern christianist priest was calling for the death/killing of anyone, I provided a link to such a call from a religious leader doing so while he introed Cruz....and he cited Paul.

You popped in and said people who believe in 7th century religious leaders were nutty...and you said Paul was someone you followed.....which is a bit nutty in and of itself, but I was not really expecting you to realize the stupidity of such a statement. Now you double down, you say that when Paul said it is OK to kill homosexuals, "it is the word of gawd!". Fine, that is yer story and yer stickn' to it.

So I really don't care to get into a debate on the method of killing, yer just proving that the religious leader you follow, that is older than the 7th century, is like the religion/beliefs you are against, they both advocate for the killing of homosexuals......and according to you, those beliefs still apply to today.

Last edited:
Kevin Swanson: Yes, Romans Chapter 1 verse 32 the Apostle Paul does says that homosexuals are worthy of death. His words not mine! And I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ! And I am not ashamed of the truth of the word of God. And I am willing to go to jail…

…Now my friends let me introduce to you the next candidate for the office of President of the United States, folks please make welcome Senator Ted Cruz.

..and if you keep reading Romans, you'll see that Paul was describing The Law. It was a lead-in to his explanation of the completion of the Old Covenant and the establishment of the New Covenant. This is where studying the Bible instead of just reading bits and pieces is so important.

..and if you keep reading Romans, you'll see that Paul was describing The Law. It was a lead-in to his explanation of the completion of the Old Covenant and the establishment of the New Covenant. This is where studying the Bible instead of just reading bits and pieces is so important.
Is this supposed to be an excusing of the claims by Swanson, or a excusing of what Paul is quoted as saying? Are you saying Paul is not calling for the death of gays....? Decode yourself and make a point.

A hardline Muslim preacher suspected of radicalizing three British jihadis told teenage disciples that it is ‘permissible’ under Islam to have sex slaves.

British Muslim cleric Ali Hammuda tells teenagers they can have sex slaves | Daily Mail Online

I'm pretty sure that you'll find it VERY hard to find any Islamic scholars/clerics who would agree with this. In fact, if you read the article, it was a statement he made to a small group in private, not in public. I fully understand the threat of radicalized Islam, but this guy is way out on the far edge of the fringe.

Damn. It must be easy to win arguments when you coach each side.

What he said was pretty accurate. Start a thread about something bad that a Muslim did in the name of Islam and you will almost 100% of the time get a "But Christians did something bad too...." type of response. Start a thread about something bad a Christian does and you will almost 100% of the time get a "See, Christians are bad." kind of response.

Jesus himself said the old laws still apply, therefore:

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
-Leviticus 20:13

This means if you are a true Christian your "God" commands you to kill homosexuals. Cherry pick all you want.

Most RW Christianists are actually Paulists. He hated women and invented a lot of the more repressed stuff. As for facts, they are a foreign country to you.

Paul did no such thing. That's a whacked post and an Off Topic one as well.

And the Catholic Church thinks it's perfectly fine to move them around and hide them, knowing for a fact that they are molesting children and doing nothing to get them out of contact with minors. We see case after case after case after case, the RCC has spent billions worldwide paying off sex abuse lawsuits and they're still doing the same thing.

Off topic. Your post is for another thread.

No, that is what the Catholic Church does to pedophile priest.

Off topic.

That's exactly what I just said.

And still....off topic.

The short answer: Because that's the subject of the OP and article posted. Then there's matter of the here and now.

But why attempt to divert from a very real current problem. The one presented in the OP, and move on to other churches and other times in the second post?

Exactly.

Because the story is about Muslims. There's nothing wrong with calling out Islam when it says or does wicked ****. If this were a thread about a priest molesting little boys would you ever think to come in and point out that other religions are awful also?

Yes!!

So out of 1,600,000,000 muslims on the planet, the OP was informing us - without any implication, not even in light of all the other posts the same poster created, regarding other muslims - of just one muslim said?

Interesting. Like I said, there are 1,400,000 violent crimes committed by Americans every year. 70%, or 980,000 on average, are committed by Christians. Where are the 1,400,000 threads informing us about violent crimes committed by each American individual and 980,000 by American Christians each year?

Nowhere. They're nowhere because of the hypocrisy of acting like all muslims agree with the one muslim mentioned in the start of the thrad, but also acting like Americans or Christians who commit crimes are unrepresentative bad appels.

Where do you get your bogus numbers? Out of all the hundreds of arrests that I made, no where did I ask a person's religion. I submit that most people who commit crime, are not religious at all.

Christian: I don't want to bake a cake for your gay wedding.

Liberals: Christianity is bad!

Muslim: We will cut off the heads of any non-muslim

Liberals: All religions are bad!

Yes, the hypocrisy exists.

Damn. It must be easy to win arguments when you coach each side.

As I read his post, it was stating the facts, not coaching.

Just curious, if your claim were true and Muslims followed this thought, why is it that Muslims world wide do not practice any such custom and while you are at it maybe you could explain why there are sex slaves in the US today, is that also due to Muslims?

First of all, it's not my claim. I don't have any knowledge of Muslims practicing or not practicing slavery. To lay down a blanket statement that they don't..... needs some proof.
Any other sex slaves is due to whoever desires to make them that. It's not exclusive to muslims.

As I read his post, it was stating the facts, not coaching.

First of all, it's not my claim. I don't have any knowledge of Muslims practicing or not practicing slavery. To lay down a blanket statement that they don't..... needs some proof.
Any other sex slaves is due to whoever desires to make them that. It's not exclusive to muslims.

This video is one part of many that shows slavery in Muslim countries Yes I know it is from the '60s but I seriously doubt anything has changed.

You can look for the other parts on the guys YouTube channel

Is this supposed to be an excusing of the claims by Swanson, or a excusing of what Paul is quoted as saying? Are you saying Paul is not calling for the death of gays....? Decode yourself and make a point.

It's an explanation of what was being quoted, providing the full context of what was being said, instead of just one part of it. Paul was showing that the Old Covenant had been completed and was discussing some of what had been passed away and showing what the New Covenant was truly about. What Paul was talking about was still sin, but the punishment was no longer death and the source of conviction was no longer The Law.

It's an explanation of what was being quoted, providing the full context of what was being said, instead of just one part of it. Paul was showing that the Old Covenant had been completed and was discussing some of what had been passed away and showing what the New Covenant was truly about. What Paul was talking about was still sin, but the punishment was no longer death and the source of conviction was no longer The Law.

That's now what Jesus said. The Old Law Stands.

https://danielmiessler.com/blog/no-...e-did-the-opposite-and-heres-what-that-means/

Jesus himself said the old laws still apply, therefore:

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
-Leviticus 20:13

This means if you are a true Christian your "God" commands you to kill homosexuals. Cherry pick all you want.

Jesus said that the Old Covenant had been completed. Part of that completion was that the curse of The Law was no longer in effect (which was part of the promise of Old Covenant, that the curses associated with it would be done away with). Jesus fulfilled the terms of the Old Covenant and established the New Covenant, as had been promised in the Old Covenant. It's not cherry-picking, it's understanding the Bible. What you are doing is cherry-picking, by leaving out the Covenants and how they were fulfilled and established, you take parts out of context and try to apply them as if the rest of what was written was never written.

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place. For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” — Matthew 5:17-19

And Jesus did the "all is accomplished" part. He fulfilled the Old Covenant and established the New. The entire Sermon on the Mount is Jesus comparing the Old Covenant to the New Covenant. The Old Covenant had terms of fulfillment that Jesus met and when He did so, the curse of the Old Covenant was done away with, the conviction by the letter of The Law was done away with and the death sentence that The Law carried was done away with. ALL of which was part of the promises of the Old Covenant. We now live under the New Covenant, where The Law is written in our hearts and no longer "in stone", the heart of God towards us has never changed. Mankind changed, we grew more mature and required differing standards (think of raising a child and how the rules you require her to abide by change as she matures), God changed His approach to us as was needed (you don't keep requiring a 17 year-old to ask permission to cross the street). Mankind had come to a point where The Law was no longer effective and we needed to step up and follow our hearts and what God placed there.

Back
Top Bottom