• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Muslim McNuggets!! What?!

1. "Arabs" doesn't mean "Muslim". There are plenty of Christian Arabs in the world

and interestingly enough, fewer and fewer of them live in the middle east due to the persecution they face.

It's McDonald's. You should feel lucky if your food never hit the floor.

How do we know when all they do is pick it up and put it on your tray-seen it done many times. Any former fast food workers here that can chime in with your nightmare stories of how "sanitary" the young folks are?

Or, we could abstain from unacceptable anti-Muslim rhetoric, and consider the situation rationally. I mean, really, your comments are practically a caricature of blind hatred for Muslims.

It's up to McDonald's, and presumably the franchise owner, if they want to offer halal (or kosher, or any other religious dietary rules). Adding or canceling such a program is at their discretion.

However, if they offer halal food, and don't do it right, the customers have a right to sue. From that point forward, it's basically up to the courts to figure out how to handle it. In this case, McDonald's chose to settle, and stop offering halal food at those two locations.

Ahmed gets a portion, as do his lawyers, a Detroit health clinic and the Arab American National Museum in Dearborn.

I don't see what the community is losing, really. If McDonald's were not preparing the food properly, the devout Muslims weren't going to eat there anyway. The Muslims who don't care about halal will continue to patronize the restaurants.

Or perhaps you're outraged that Muslims can't eat McDonald's? You a shareholder, perchance? :mrgreen:

All Catholics should boycott McDonalds for serving meat on Friday. Mickie D's should have sections for all religions in the food prep area, seating area and washrooms. How else can we continue this fascist pusuit of behavior RULES we must now all obey.

The muslims can bitch all they want but to everyone on this thread be aware of the STATISTICS showing 99% of restaurant employees do not properly wash they hands. Even the signs to wash their hands where does it say "how" to do it. Twenty seconds is the standard minimumm to remove bacteria. How many of you do that every time you wash your hands? Hey Allah you are eating urine and poop!! How does it taste?

McDonalds caters to turrurists??? As if they didn't know this would blow up in their faces!1!11!1!1!!!!!

All Catholics should boycott McDonalds for serving meat on Friday.
Catholicism does not require restaurants to be certified in the same way as halal or kashrut.

Mickie D's should have sections for all religions in the food prep area, seating area and washrooms. How else can we continue this fascist pusuit of behavior RULES we must now all obey.
No rule forced McDonald's to serve halal. No state entity forced any restaurant to serve halal. They are entirely in their rights to no longer serve halal.

This was exclusively a civil suit, and was settled out of court. So, I really have no idea what you're complaining about, because it's not about this case.

The muslim that sued them was just plain D greedy. If that guy had actually really cared about how the food was being prepared and saw something amiss maybe he should have just contacted the right people and explained how to do it properly. That would have been the good thing to do. If they failed to comply then sue.

In any case the point is moot now. No more Halal food will be prepared by McDonalds because of the selfish actions of this one muslim.

We've had "Muslim" McNuggets for ages now, you do realize there are more than a 1200 McDonald restaurants in the middle east?, they sell a McArabia sandwich too oh and they all deliver.

View attachment 67149475

I know mind = blown

McDonald's in Germany use to serve beer. :mrgreen:

McDonalds caters to turrurists??? As if they didn't know this would blow up in their faces!1!11!1!1!!!!!

What are turrurists? I heard the McDonalds in the ME don't believe in a 2nd Amendment, so you have to leave your bombbelt in your trunk.

If you truly cared about your food, why would you choose to eat at McD's anyway?

McDonald’s announced this week it would no longer serve halal food two of its restaurants in Dearborn, Mich., a Detroit suburb where 41 percent of residents are of Arab ancestry.
The restaurants were the only two McDonald’s in the country that had served halal food, which requires animals be slaughtered according to Islamic practices.
The decision follows a $700,000 settlement between McDonald’s and a customer, Ahmed Ahmed, who sued the franchise in 2011, alleging that the halal McChicken and halal Chicken McNuggets were not always prepared properly.
McDonald’s elaborated in a statement about its decision: "We take into account local and dietary preferences, however these items were offered as an exception to McDonald's national core food menu in these two restaurants only.”

McDonald’s said it was discontinuing the products to “focus on our national core menu."
(Read More: Secret's Out! Hidden Menu Items)
In the settlement, one franchisee said it "has a carefully designed system for preparing and serving halal such that halal chicken products are labeled, stored, refrigerated and cooked in halal-only areas." The company also said it had educated employees about halal food preparation and "requires strict adherence to the process."
Earlier this year, a McDonald's attorney said that if a problem had arisen, "it was isolated and rare."
Victor Ghalib Begg, a senior advisor at the Michigan Muslim Community Council, said McDonald's decision is sad for observant Muslim families with children who like to visit the fast-food chain, but it's not likely to make a difference in Dearborn, where many alternatives exist.
"There's no shortage of halal restaurants, particularly here in Michigan," he said. When diners can't find halal meat, many substitute fish or kosher food, which differs slightly.
(Read More: Cutting-Edge Restaurant Menu Items)
"When my wife and I travel and we can't find a halal restaurant, we look for a seafood restaurant or a vegetarian one so we have no trouble at all finding any restaurant to eat," Begg said.
The McDonald's decision reduces the number of large restaurant chains with halal-friendly locations. The halal-food finder app Zabihah organizes halal restaurants by location but includes few large chains. Among them: Crown Fried Chicken & Deli, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Subway and Outback Steakhouse.
The Associated Press contributed reporting.
© 2013 CNBC LLC. All Rights Reserved

I am sorry to hear this. I keep kosher and I wish there were a kosher McDonalds nearby...... actually, I really wish there were a kosher Burger King.

The muslim that sued them was just plain D greedy. If that guy had actually really cared about how the food was being prepared and saw something amiss maybe he should have just contacted the right people and explained how to do it properly. That would have been the good thing to do. If they failed to comply then sue.

In any case the point is moot now. No more Halal food will be prepared by McDonalds because of the selfish actions of this one muslim.

Has little to do with the fact the gentleman sued. McDonalds are unable to ensure the food is halal, so going forward they obviously wouldn't be able to offer it as such.

Btw McDonalds are still serving hot coffee to customers despite more than 700 claims by customers claiming that they were burned by their coffee in just a ten year period, so it's rather obvious that possible lawsuits are not their primary concern or they would cease selling hot coffee too.

Clearly their Coffee sales are a lot more profitable than any Halal prepared food Sales.

Has little to do with the fact the gentleman sued. McDonalds are unable to ensure the food is halal, so going forward they obviously wouldn't be able to offer it as such.

Btw McDonalds are still serving hot coffee to customers despite more than 700 claims by customers claiming that they were burned by their coffee in just a ten year period, so it's rather obvious that possible lawsuits are not their primary concern or they would cease selling hot coffee too.

Clearly their Coffee sales are a lot more profitable than any Halal prepared food Sales.

Right. They could have maintained halal standards had they wanted to. It was obviously an economic decision. Bad PR, though, if you ask me.

There is a big difference between millions of coffee sales per day and two McDonald stores selling Halal food. Which one do you think is making the most money? Coffee? Or those two McDonalds stores selling Halal prepared food to at most a couple thousand per day?

There is a big difference between millions of coffee sales per day and two McDonald stores selling Halal food. Which one do you think is making the most money? Coffee? Or those two McDonalds stores selling Halal prepared food to at most a couple thousand per day?

I agree, which is why i said "Clearly their Coffee sales are a lot more profitable than any Halal prepared food Sales." That's the bottom line here.

The muslims can bitch all they want but to everyone on this thread be aware of the STATISTICS showing 99% of restaurant employees do not properly wash they hands. Even the signs to wash their hands where does it say "how" to do it. Twenty seconds is the standard minimumm to remove bacteria. How many of you do that every time you wash your hands? Hey Allah you are eating urine and poop!! How does it taste?

... is this guy gloating over the fact that he eats other peoples' ****? Because it seems like he is.

What are turrurists? I heard the McDonalds in the ME don't believe in a 2nd Amendment, so you have to leave your bombbelt in your trunk.

That's ridiculous.

What if a suicide bomber comes into the McDonald's!? Wouldn't you prefer a citizen be at the ready with his own bomb vest to stop them!?

The muslim that sued them was just plain D greedy.
Is that why part of the settlement went a health clinic and a museum? And he's only getting $20,000 out of a $700,000 settlement?

If that guy had actually really cared about how the food was being prepared and saw something amiss maybe he should have just contacted the right people and explained how to do it properly. That would have been the good thing to do. If they failed to comply then sue.
The claim isn't that they prepared the food incorrectly. It's that when they ran out of halal food, they used non-halal.

We don't know whether that was or was not the case. All we know is that McDonald's settled rather than have it go to court.

...and if they weren't handling things properly, then it's not much of a loss now is it?

There's also no particular reason to focus on his religion. His religion hasn't made him any more "selfish" or "greedy" than anyone else. And there are plenty of Christians, for example, who are more than happy to sue someone purely for financial gain.

originally appeared on themedialine.org.

When it comes to Israel and the Palestinians, everything, even a hamburger, is political. Israelis who live in areas that Israel acquired in 1967 are up in arms over McDonald’s decision not to open a branch in the mall that will be built in Ariel over the next year.

In Israel, the McDonald’s franchise is private and is owned by Omri Padan, one of the founders of the dovish group Peace Now, which opposes Israeli building in post-1967 areas. There are 170 McDonald’s restaurants in Israel, about 40 of which are kosher. The company’s website claims it is the largest employer of youth in Israel, giving jobs to 3000 teenagers, along with 1000 adults.

Padan declined to give an interview to The Media Line but his office sent a one-line reply.

Seems to me I will never again order so much as a small drink from this fly infested corporation (I quit eating their trash 35 years ago so it should not harm them).

Is that why part of the settlement went a health clinic and a museum? And he's only getting $20,000 out of a $700,000 settlement?

He still benefitted.

The claim isn't that they prepared the food incorrectly. It's that when they ran out of halal food, they used non-halal.

Again, all he had to do was tell the correct people.

There's also no particular reason to focus on his religion. His religion hasn't made him any more "selfish" or "greedy" than anyone else. And there are plenty of Christians, for example, who are more than happy to sue someone purely for financial gain.

Show me where I focused on his religion. I remember distinctly talking about him personally and NOT his religion.

Back
Top Bottom