• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Muslim Marine recruit dies at boot camp, hazing suspected

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
PARRIS ISLAND, NC (KTRK) --
New allegations have come to light in the death of a Muslim Marine recruit who suddenly died at a well-known Marine boot camp.

Rahaeel Siddiqui, 20, trained at Parris Island, S.C. Last March, the high school valedictorian died under suspicious circumstances that have already cost three command officers their jobs.

So do you think he died because he was Muslim, or was he the victim of a Drill Instructor who had a habit of going overboard on recruits in general? I happen to think it was a combination of both. One of the Drill Instructors who is being investigated is well known for stuffing recruits into a clothes dryer and turning it on.

Article is here.

So do you think he died because he was Muslim, or was he the victim of a Drill Instructor who had a habit of going overboard on recruits in general? I happen to think it was a combination of both. One of the Drill Instructors who is being investigated is well known for stuffing recruits into a clothes dryer and turning it on.

Article is here.

What a horrible incident. A Pakistani-American enlists into the service and dies during basic. I hope this is thoroughly investigated and heads roll. Hazing and abuse should NOT be tolerated in our military. Surely there are other ways to train our troops.

Last edited:

Article is here.

The Military will Deal with it.

so do you think he died because he was muslim, or was he the victim of a drill instructor who had a habit of going overboard on recruits in general? I happen to think it was a combination of both. one of the drill instructors who is being investigated is well known for stuffing recruits into a clothes dryer and turning it on.

What the ****?!

What a horrible incident. A Pakistani-American enlists into the service and dies during basic. I hope this is thoroughly investigated and heads roll. Hazing and abuse should NOT be tolerated in our military. Surely there are other ways to train our troops.

War is NOT nice or pleasant. The militaries training can be brutal. Its not as brutal as the real thing. In SERE training which a lot of soldiers and all pilots go through you are literally tortured, including being water boarded. They will investigate the incident, hopefully its not a hazing incident. I would tend to think that the instructors and recruits don't have time for that sort of BS. The military guys would know more about that. But none the less accidents in training happen. Hopefully that's all this was, an accident.

What the ****?!

I thought I had some crazy Drill Sergeant stories but I never heard of a DI who literally threw soldiers into dryers. The worst we had was a Drill Sergeant who literally force fed a recruit who went and got himself a double ration profile.

I thought I had some crazy Drill Sergeant stories but I never heard of a DI who literally threw soldiers into dryers. The worst we had was a Drill Sergeant who literally force fed a recruit who went and got himself a double ration profile.

That's ****ing horrible. I had no idea this type of **** was happening.

Last edited:
Who ordered the code red?

Who ordered the code red?

I feel so guilty chuckling and wanting to add, in reply to the OP, "you can't handle the truth".

So wrong.

Believe it or not this was actually considered "mild" as punishments go. However I can assure you that this instance with the Muslim soldier is beyond what would be acceptable by other Drill Sergeants.

I don't think it's common (I think it's very very rare), at least in the army. I went to the toughest basic and AIT the army has to offer (Sand Hill) and didn't see any hazing at all. "Do pushups!!!!!" was the worst we got, and that's not hazing; more like suffering a fanatic trainer.

I don't think it's common (I think it's very very rare), at least in the army. I went to the toughest basic and AIT the army has to offer (Sand Hill) and didn't see any hazing at all. "Do pushups!!!!!" was the worst we got, and that's not hazing; more like suffering a fanatic trainer.

I've always heard that the only person that can get into more shenanigans than a marine is a bored marine. I think there is a strong possibility that this guy got bored, decided to do something stupid and it cost him his life. However, the whole 'mysterious circumstances' is kind of vague so we will have to see what comes out of this investigation.

A little advice to patriotic, American Muslims...DO NOT JOIN THE MILITARY.

At least until this Muslim paranoia passes.

And considering the military industrial complex AND neocons are counting on that Muslim paranoia, it might not be for SOME time.

At least until this Muslim paranoia passes.

And considering the military industrial complex AND neocons are counting on that Muslim paranoia, it might not be for SOME time.

There are almost 6,000 Muslims serving in the military who get by just fine. The current leadership is currently dictated by democrats, unless I missed something.

He fell forty feet over a stairwell? WTF? Horrible. I'm really sorry for the family, especially the parents.

Article is here.

Would you even have posted or cared if he'd been Mike Jones, from Rural Georgia, Catholic kid?

War is NOT nice or pleasant. The militaries training can be brutal. Its not as brutal as the real thing. In SERE training which a lot of soldiers and all pilots go through you are literally tortured, including being water boarded. They will investigate the incident, hopefully its not a hazing incident. I would tend to think that the instructors and recruits don't have time for that sort of BS. The military guys would know more about that. But none the less accidents in training happen. Hopefully that's all this was, an accident.

Three command officers have already "lost their jobs" over this incident, whatever that means. Yes, accidents happen, no doubt. But recruits shouldn't be placed in such dangerous scenarios that they die. Causing the death of their own certainly isn't the Marine way.

I can only imagine how proud his parents were. Now they have a dead son. No matter what happened, it's tragic. If accidental, methods should be carefully assessed. If accidentally on purpose, I would hope those responsible get what's coming to them.

Edit...at another link, it seems he dove off a 40-foot ladder wall shortly after coming to from a faint during an arduous training exercise. Marine boot camp commander fired after Muslim-American recruit dies | Washington Examiner

Last edited:
There are almost 6,000 Muslims serving in the military who get by just fine. The current leadership is currently dictated by democrats, unless I missed something.

Historically, there have usually been a lot of retards, racists, airheads, and pricks between regular soldiers and the people who 'dictate' what the military should do.

NO patriotic American should join the military.

The military is only for treasonous individuals who prefer to fight for their government instead of their country.

Last edited:
Believe it or not this was actually considered "mild" as punishments go. However I can assure you that this instance with the Muslim soldier is beyond what would be acceptable by other Drill Sergeants.

It's also not allowed.

Would you even have posted or cared if he'd been Mike Jones, from Rural Georgia, Catholic kid?

Um yes I am quite concerned with the military murdering its servicepeople.

You seem entirely unconcerned, for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom