• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Muslim Marine recruit dies at boot camp, hazing suspected

Shall we reel in the abuse that the SEALS take as normal training?

Or any of the special forces from green berets to the Rangers.
Takes real determination and guts to do that.

I don't think it lacked any clarity because I agree that, "hazing", and, "abuse", shouldn't be tolerated.

Forcing a trainee to run until he collapses face down in his own vomit is one thing, but physical violence is un-called for.

And it's illegal now to commit violence against a recruit. It will get you busted and send to the stockade.

Sometimes it is.

When I was in 5/6 infantry, 5th ID at Fort Polk, my squad leader told me that I couldn't stay in his squad of I didn't pass the upcoming expert infantry test.

Oh my you're such a stud muffin. Sometimes I wonder if you were really in the military by the crap you post.

And it's illegal now to commit violence against a recruit. It will get you busted and send to the stockade.

It's been illegal for the past 30+ years.

Oh my you're such a stud muffin. Sometimes I wonder if you were really in the military by the crap you post.

Of course you do. You're just jealous.

There are almost 6,000 Muslims serving in the military who get by just fine. The current leadership is currently dictated by democrats, unless I missed something.

Get out! Are you saying that the recruit depots are run by Democrats?

I have met RL folks with the same opinion... And vocal about it.

Yes, and we can start with Dick Cheney. However, I was referring specifically to the person who posted in this thread.

I have never been to war but I have read a lot about it and I watched Saving Private Ryan and I don't
think anything about combat can be as bad as being put into a clothes dryer and having it turned on...

Wanna bet on that. There are worse ways to die. I have seen them personally. Some I would only wish on the truly deserving. My understanding is the gentleman fell or jumped from a building or high place.

I do actually agree with some forms of hazing being way to extreme, and this situation seems to fit the extreme. Was this case just roughhousing gone bad, or intentional hazing? It goes on every day regardless of the knee jerkers out there who think it's all done in cruelty by neo conservative knuckle draggers. Sailors, Soldiers, and Marines will always be just that........ sailors, soldiers, and Marines. They are young, foolish, full of energy, and and cannot be watched 24/7. They will always do some stupid ****e when the seniors are not around. Roughhousing is not hazing, and 90% of hazing complaints are usually just roughhousing.

Hazing was part of the mandatory CORE VALUES training that we would have to sit through for hours, and I often facilitated the lectures and training. The funny thing is, as soon as I cut the sailors loose, they would be beating the crap out of each other on the way out of the training sessions. (roughhousing)

The guy in this case was an asshole for letting the young man get hurt and deserves what ever UCMJ articles are thrown at him.

Ask any Navy A-Ganger if he or she hasn't seen some joker jump into a ships laundry washer or dryer and have one of their friends it put on tumble to get a selfie picture. I had one guy break the washer drum spindle and got stuck inside the washer until the Hull Teach's could cut him out about an hour later.

Wanna bet on that. There are worse ways to die. I have seen them personally. Some I would only wish on the truly deserving. My understanding is the gentleman fell or jumped from a building or high place.

Talking about combat death vs being heated and spun to death in a drier?

Talking about combat death vs being heated and spun to death in a drier?

Was the gentleman in question heated and spun to death in a dryer?

Was the gentleman in question heated and spun to death in a dryer?

That was the argument that I was addressing from another poster...

What the ****?!
Yeah. Parris Island is an interesting place. Some of it is funny later, however, and the dark, ****ed up humor helps you A) kill people and B) keep your sanity.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

I thought I had some crazy Drill Sergeant stories but I never heard of a DI who literally threw soldiers into dryers. The worst we had was a Drill Sergeant who literally force fed a recruit who went and got himself a double ration profile.

Our kill hat would "help" you eat as entertainment. Drink, too. At the time I was just irritated I couldn't put salt on my egg.

Yeah. Parris Island is an interesting place. Some of it is funny later, however, and the dark, ****ed up humor helps you A) kill people and B) keep your sanity.

Hey, cpwill. :2wave:

It's been awhile, hasn't it?

Hey, cpwill. :2wave:

It's been awhile, hasn't it?
:) I took a vacation. Took my kids to the lake, drank alcohol starting at lunch, read some philosophy, and fished. It was just as good as it sounds. :D

:) I took a vacation. Took my kids to the lake, drank alcohol starting at lunch, read some philosophy, and fished. It was just as good as it sounds. :D

Well, that's great that you had a good time vacationing. :)

Went through Marine Basic in 1976 just after some deaths on Parris Island.

They hammered the Drill Instructors. I hope they hammer the one's responsible.

Every so many years they have to sweep the bad ones out.

Every so often a recruit does die in boot camp. I don't think this soldier being muslim had anything to do with it.

Just as we lose a recruit from time to time we also will lose a high school football player during practice from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom