• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Muslim Marine recruit dies at boot camp, hazing suspected

Shall we reel in the abuse that the SEALS take as normal training?

If it's a DI sticking recruits into a clothes dryer, then yea, reel it in. If it's normal training, then let it continue.

So do you think he died because he was Muslim, or was he the victim of a Drill Instructor who had a habit of going overboard on recruits in general? I happen to think it was a combination of both. One of the Drill Instructors who is being investigated is well known for stuffing recruits into a clothes dryer and turning it on.

Article is here.

Thats not the first time that happend nor will it be the last.:2wave:

War is NOT nice or pleasant. The militaries training can be brutal. Its not as brutal as the real thing. In SERE training which a lot of soldiers and all pilots go through you are literally tortured, including being water boarded. They will investigate the incident, hopefully its not a hazing incident. I would tend to think that the instructors and recruits don't have time for that sort of BS. The military guys would know more about that. But none the less accidents in training happen. Hopefully that's all this was, an accident.

I have never been to war but I have read a lot about it and I watched Saving Private Ryan and I don't
think anything about combat can be as bad as being put into a clothes dryer and having it turned on...

Hazing isn't training...

Sometimes it is.

When I was in 5/6 infantry, 5th ID at Fort Polk, my squad leader told me that I couldn't stay in his squad of I didn't pass the upcoming expert infantry test.

This doesn't mean what you think it means.

Sent from a flower watered by the tears of Trump supporters and crazy newb liberals.

By all means, enlighten us with your vast military experience.

Sometimes it is.

When I was in 5/6 infantry, 5th ID at Fort Polk, my squad leader told me that I couldn't stay in his squad of I didn't pass the upcoming expert infantry test.

Couldn't you make full infantry?

Couldn't you make full infantry?

That question screams ignorance, but I was already an infantryman. I took a test which included a road march, weapons qualification and task testing to earn the privilege to be considered an expert infantryman.

That question screams ignorance, but I was already an infantryman. I took a test which included a road march, weapons qualification and task testing to earn the privilege to be considered an expert infantryman.

You said that you were 5/6 infantry...

By all means, enlighten us with your vast military experience.

To the initiated, (those who have experience IN the military) bringing somebody to their breaking point makes perfect sense. That's what you meant to say. To those who are uninitiated, (those outside of the military and who have no military experience) it makes absolutely no sense. What your sentence, as you wrote it, is saying is that:

To people outside of the military and with no experience (uninitiated), bringing somebody to their breaking point makes perfect sense.

That makes absolutely no sense. How can people who have no experience of the military make perfect sense of something inside of the military?

Seriously, double down. I dare you.

To the initiated, (those who have experience IN the military) bringing somebody to their breaking point makes perfect sense. That's what you meant to say. To those who are uninitiated, (those outside of the military and who have no military experience) it makes absolutely no sense. What your sentence, as you wrote it, is saying is that:

To people outside of the military and with no experience (uninitiated), bringing somebody to their breaking point makes perfect sense.

That makes absolutely no sense. How can people who have no experience of the military make perfect sense of something inside of the military?

Seriously, double down. I dare you.

Right. I see what you're getting at. But, someone who thinks that civil rights and constitutional rights are different probably shouldn't be making fun of someone's grammar. Whatcha think?

Right. I see what you're getting at. But, someone who thinks that civil rights and constitutional rights are different probably shouldn't be making fun of someone's grammar. Whatcha think?

Apdst, I explained to you how they are different. You seem to have run away from the thread where I explained it. By the way, even illegal immigrants have civil rights. Do you think they also have constitutional rights?

Apdst, I explained to you how they are different. You seem to have run away from the thread where I explained it. By the way, even illegal immigrants have civil rights. Do you think they also have constitutional rights?

Oh yeah, double down on it dude...lol

Oh yeah, double down on it dude...lol

Watching you scuttle never gets old. I guess it's better than saying some mangled version of what you actually meant to say and then thinking it was a grammar lesson for you. It was more of a lesson where I learned that people who can't create coherent sentences shouldn't be allowed in the military.

Watching you scuttle never gets old. I guess it's better than saying some mangled version of what you actually meant to say and then thinking it was a grammar lesson for you. It was more of a lesson where I learned that people who can't create coherent sentences shouldn't be allowed in the military.

Someone who thinks that civil rights and constitutional rights are different things can't give anyone a lesson on anything.

Someone who thinks that civil rights and constitutional rights are different things can't give anyone a lesson on anything.

Apdst... I just gave you a lesson on what you actually meant and you agreed because well, there is not much room for you to disagree unless you actually meant to say that people ignorant of the military understand it perfectly; which is absurd.

That makes your statement blatantly false.

:)

Apdst... I just gave you a lesson on what you actually meant and you agreed because well, there is not much room for you to disagree unless you actually meant to say that people ignorant of the military understand it perfectly; which is absurd.

That makes your statement blatantly false.

:)

You got lucky. That's all.

Grunts are notorious for their lack of a sense humour Bodhi.:lol:

The math department thought that was the joke of the year!

4th battalion, 6th infantry regiment. (correction, 4/6 infantry, not 5/6 infantry)

They should really know that it is 4/6 infantry reduces to 2/3 infantry...

Back
Top Bottom