• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Muslim Marine recruit dies at boot camp, hazing suspected

Historically, there have usually been a lot of retards, racists, airheads, and pricks between regular soldiers and the people who 'dictate' what the military should do.

Those types never lasted long since the mid 70's.

A little advice to patriotic, American Muslims...DO NOT JOIN THE MILITARY.

At least until this Muslim paranoia passes.

And considering the military industrial complex AND neocons are counting on that Muslim paranoia, it might not be for SOME time.

I think I would recommend doing the opposite.

I thought I had some crazy Drill Sergeant stories but I never heard of a DI who literally threw soldiers into dryers. The worst we had was a Drill Sergeant who literally force fed a recruit who went and got himself a double ration profile.

My drill would have had to whip my ads and put me in the dryer himself.

Any trainer that crawls in a clothes dryer? That's his fault.

What a horrible incident. A Pakistani-American enlists into the service and dies during basic. I hope this is thoroughly investigated and heads roll. Hazing and abuse should NOT be tolerated in our military. Surely there are other ways to train our troops.

Obviously there is a line that shouldn't be crossed, but basic training is supposed to be hard.

From what I've seen and heard, basic training isn't tough enough, now.

Obviously there is a line that shouldn't be crossed, but basic training is supposed to be hard.

I think my statement badly needed clarification. Thanks. I agree with your first sentence.

NO patriotic American should join the military.

The military is only for treasonous individuals who prefer to fight for their government instead of their country.

STFU you walking STD.

I think my statement badly needed clarification. Thanks. I agree with your first sentence.

I don't think it lacked any clarity because I agree that, "hazing", and, "abuse", shouldn't be tolerated.

Forcing a trainee to run until he collapses face down in his own vomit is one thing, but physical violence is un-called for.

STFU you walking STD.

WTF? Really?

Reported.

Just FYI, I also deplore what she said. And I thank you sincerely for your service. But your voice don't be heard if you cross certain lines.

Well, except when you literally die from it.

I don't think it lacked any clarity because I agree that, "hazing", and, "abuse", shouldn't be tolerated.

Forcing a trainee to run until he collapses face down in his own vomit is one thing, but physical violence is un-called for.

No, forcing someone to run until they collapse face down in their own vomit is also abuse.

No, forcing someone to run until they collapse face down in their own vomit is also abuse.

Do8my so is a part of the selection process.

Would you rather weed people out in basic training, sending them home alive, or weed them out on the battlefield, sending them home in a body bag, along with whoever else died because that soldier couldn't do his job?

To the uninitiated challenging trainees to their breaking point makes perfect sense.

Do8my so is a part of the selection process.

Would you rather weed people out in basic training, sending them home alive, or weed them out on the battlefield, sending them home in a body bag, along with whoever else died because that soldier couldn't do his job?

To the uninitiated challenging trainees to their breaking point makes perfect sense.

You have a standard, yes?

Well, except when you literally die from it.

People who aren't physically able slip through the system sometimes. We can't lower the physical standards to protect trainees, yet sacrificing lives on the battlefield as a price.

People who aren't physically able slip through the system sometimes. We can't lower the physical standards to protect trainees, yet sacrificing lives on the battlefield as a price.

I didn't suggest lowering the standards.

You can test to a standard without that sort of outcome.

You can't do so when you're teaching trainees to meet a physical standard. When pushing trainees, in order to weed out the ones that can't handle it, someone is Will eventually be on their ass, in exhaustion. That person is either going to quit, or suck it up and drive on. The soldiers you want are the ones that don't have to stop to pike.

This doesn't mean what you think it means.

Sent from a flower watered by the tears of Trump supporters and crazy newb liberals.

NO patriotic American should join the military.

The military is only for treasonous individuals who prefer to fight for their government instead of their country.

Damn, if we had listened to you a few decades ago, we would all be eating caviar and drinking vodka today.

Back
Top Bottom