• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Muslim machete rampage on belgium cops

Yes, we know. You have unspoken apartheid in many of your cities. Your country was built on immigration, yet some of you want to turn your back on that fine tradition.

You are as subservient to your government as we are to ours in that we all have to respect the laws of the land. We both elect our representatives, so I don't really get your point.

I beg to differ. I've never been in a European city where I've been told, "Don't go there it's black, don't go there it's latino" etc. as I have in the States. It is also only in the US where I have ever felt that being a white woman out with a black man might be a dangerous situation, where it got me vitriolic abuse from total strangers. Please provide evidence for your asertion "dangerous situations are far more prevalent in Europe" I am not claiming Europe is a crime-free zone, as you claim the rural USA is (a claim which I doubt), but would love to see evidence of your claims.

For example Mickey, the US ranks 91st in world muder rates whilst the UK ranks 176th, Belgium 193rd, France 194th, Germany 195th, Luxembourg 197th, The Netherlands 199th, Swtzerland 200th and so on. Even lawless Albania with it's mafia problems and tribal feuding only comes in at 177th. (Source: United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime).

Please Mickey, cite us some empirical evidence, not shock horror news reports often from tabloid sources, which present rare horrific events as every European's everyday experience. Given that you rely on such sources, I would suggest that your view is somewhat distorted.

I'm not sure many Europeans think that "Nothing ever happens here" as that's somewhat naïve, like your belief that rural USA is virtually crime free. But look at the stats above, plus the fact we mostly get along fine without guns.

I'm not sure dead people can still think. I don't see mass demands for gun ownership in the light of these atrocities, quite the contrary.

That Mickey is a wild claim. Please prove it with figures. Very few doctors "kill" people, but mistakes do happen as error is human. All the more reason NOT to allow gun ownership.

I would advocate the kinds of stringent drink/driving regulations and penalties that they implement in Sweden, with great success. However you are comparing apples with oranges. The main use of a car is to get you from A to B. The main use of a gun is to maim or kill.

Freedom to get killed by a gun-toting maniac.
Would you advocate anarchy in the name of "freedom"?
My freedom comes with responsibilities, and one of those is that I don't carry an offensive weapon.

when seconds count, the police are only minutes away. an 'offensive weapon'? really? are you that brainwashed and delusional? weapons don't have motives. you leftist scum would sell out to Hitler for pocket change, and you don't even comprehend how tyrannical your opinions are.

I am horrified that your 6 year old granddaughter has handled a gun. At 6 I was playing with dolls.

Horrified...how utterly ...silly!
She plays with dolls too, also is a competitive swimmer and soccer player.....but she is ahead of many others her age with her knowledge of firearms and firearms safety.

She is the third generation I have taught....my younger brother, all 5 of my children and now....my grandchildren. It was actually my daughter who broached the subject 2 or 3 years ago. Kids need to learn everything they can, not just what liberals think is important. ;)
I'll address the rest of your ignorance later. I'm preparing dinner right now...

this is the future democrats envision for america. A culture of failure and victimhood where violent thugs roam the streets with impunity.

Exactly.

when seconds count, the police are only minutes away. an 'offensive weapon'? really? are you that brainwashed and delusional? weapons don't have motives.
Oh get real. A gun-toting vigilante in Nice trying pot shots at the kiler could have resulted in far more innocent deaths.
you leftist scum would sell out to Hitler for pocket change, and you don't even comprehend how tyrannical your opinions are.

As a well-paid working professional I don't actually need pocket change. I give it to folks like you begging on the subway.

Horrified...how utterly ...silly!
She plays with dolls too, also is a competitive swimmer and soccer player.....but she is ahead of many others her age with her knowledge of firearms and firearms safety.

She is the third generation I have taught....my younger brother, all 5 of my children and now....my grandchildren. It was actually my daughter who broached the subject 2 or 3 years ago. Kids need to learn everything they can, not just what liberals think is important. ;)
I'll address the rest of your ignorance later. I'm preparing dinner right now...

Exactly.

You make misassumptions Mickey. For one, I'm not a liberal.

Yes I am horrified that a 6 year old even thinks of firearms. By all means teach her to be wary of strangers, to be streetwise, teach her some form of self-defence like judo maybe? But at SIX she is learning to be TERRIFIED and learning how to potentially KILL someone. Sorry Mickey, but in any civilised society, that's sick.

Have a nice dinner. What are you making?

this is the future democrats envision for america. a culture of failure and victimhood where violent thugs roam the streets with impunity.

1. Democrats talk about gun control, not gun abolishing like we have in most EU countries (to most people great satisfaction) so that is total nonsense.
2. what violent thugs roam the streets with impunity? The imaginary hundreds of thousands you imagine are roaming European streets? Also not true or accurate. Is there crime, yup, but even with guns their will be crime so to suggest that having weapons is going to stop violent thugs from roaming the streets than you are peddling something that is untrue.

Oh get real. A gun-toting vigilante in Nice trying pot shots at the kiler could have resulted in far more innocent deaths.

Maybe in Europe. Here in the US all my friends are great shots. The collateral damage will be by the bad guy falling on someone after he is dead.

You are probably right about not letting Europeans having guns. Obviously you feel they cannot hit what they are shooting at. Plus having a gun requires being responsible. The left here seem to have the same problem the fear of responsibility.

Yes, we know. You have unspoken apartheid in many of your cities. Your country was built on immigration, yet some of you want to turn your back on that fine tradition.

The US has no apartheid, that would be South Africa. Immigration is fine, when done properly.

I beg to differ. I've never been in a European city where I've been told, "Don't go there it's black, don't go there it's latino" etc. as I have in the States. It is also only in the US where I have ever felt that being a white woman out with a black man might be a dangerous situation, where it got me vitriolic abuse from total strangers. Please provide evidence for your asertion "dangerous situations are far more prevalent in Europe" I am not claiming Europe is a crime-free zone, as you claim the rural USA is (a claim which I doubt), but would love to see evidence of your claims.

I've never claimed any part of the US is crime free. Bad things happen to good people ...everywhere or anywhere. I've been to places in Europe, where I've been told don't go down there after dark. You must just ignore common sense or have been blessed....so far.

For example Mickey, the US ranks 91st in world muder rates whilst the UK ranks 176th, Belgium 193rd, France 194th, Germany 195th, Luxembourg 197th, The Netherlands 199th, Swtzerland 200th and so on. Even lawless Albania with it's mafia problems and tribal feuding only comes in at 177th. (Source: United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime).

And you could put all of those places inside the USA and we have not been controlled for decades like you people have been.

Please Mickey, cite us some empirical evidence, not shock horror news reports often from tabloid sources, which present rare horrific events as every European's everyday experience. Given that you rely on such sources, I would suggest that your view is somewhat distorted.

Paris, Brussels, Nice. The London bombings

I'm not sure many Europeans think that "Nothing ever happens here" as that's somewhat naïve, like your belief that rural USA is virtually crime free. But look at the stats above, plus the fact we mostly get along fine without guns.

US...not crime free and I never said that....so you stop saying it.

You do not get along fine w/o guns, you have rapes galore, murders, assault, muggings. Lots of victims, no defense.

I'm not sure dead people can still think. I don't see mass demands for gun ownership in the light of these atrocities, quite the contrary.

As they were about to die.
Of course you don't, Europeans are brainwashed into thinking guns are bad and you can't defend yourselves... It's all about Nanny Govt.

That Mickey is a wild claim. Please prove it with figures. Very few doctors "kill" people, but mistakes do happen as error is human. All the more reason NOT to allow gun ownership.

Doctors Are The Third Leading Cause of Death in the US, Killing 225,000 People Every Year
Doctors Are The Third Leading Cause of Death in the US, Killing 225,000 People Every Year

Hospitals? Another big contributor of deaths!

I would advocate the kinds of stringent drink/driving regulations and penalties that they implement in Sweden, with great success. However you are comparing apples with oranges. The main use of a car is to get you from A to B. The main use of a gun is to maim or kill.

And there is nothing wrong with that....some people just need killing.

And even thou that was it's main intent when designed, it can also be used for a pleasurable shooting experience or for hunting.

Freedom to get killed by a gun-toting maniac.
Would you advocate anarchy in the name of "freedom"?
My freedom comes with responsibilities, and one of those is that I don't carry an offensive weapon.

That could very well be your loss. I carry many, for defense.

Last edited:
UF, I see cops all over Europe, armed to the teeth, and they still can't stop the terrorists. Why?

Because, like in the US, they arrive after the fact!

The best way for a civilian to stop a bad guy with a gun, is to have his own gun.

Maybe in Europe. Here in the US all my friends are great shots. The collateral damage will be by the bad guy falling on someone after he is dead.

You are probably right about not letting Europeans having guns. Obviously you feel they cannot hit what they are shooting at. Plus having a gun requires being responsible. The left here seem to have the same problem the fear of responsibility.

Great post and spot on!

1. Democrats talk about gun control, not gun abolishing like we have in most EU countries (to most people great satisfaction) so that is total nonsense.
2. what violent thugs roam the streets with impunity? The imaginary hundreds of thousands you imagine are roaming European streets? Also not true or accurate. Is there crime, yup, but even with guns their will be crime so to suggest that having weapons is going to stop violent thugs from roaming the streets than you are peddling something that is untrue.

1. Gun Control leads to more gun control and more gun control and eventually to confiscation! Democrats don't have an ounce of logic in their pea brains.....no matter what the topic.

Gun control is people control....law abiding people control....not criminal control. Criminals laugh at attempts for gun control.

2. Immigrant Muslims now....that's who. The kind that are raping women en masse in Germany....that's who!
Weapons are not to stop violent thugs en masse from roaming the streets as a group theme, they are to protect an individual and their family on an individual, case by case, basis.

Again, populist sources that don't give a balanced view on a macro-level. Seek out some empirical evidence Mickey, not some You Tube video.

I'm talking about all the raw video I saw of people filming the terrorists actions, instead of having them in their gun sights, they only had them in their camera lens........wholly ineffective, except to ID your killers!
There were multiple opportunities to kill the killers, with armed and trained citizens like we have in the US.
I'm sure you won't believe me when I tell you that many US civilians, thousands of civilians, are better shots than many police. I'd be willing to bet that TD or I could out shoot most of the French police.

That sounds like the US as it is now, with gun toting nutcases invading schools etc.

Gun toting nutcases with no gun toting sane people to stop them.

Every mass school shooting that has occurred in the US, could have been stopped cold by an armed citizen or citizens.

Whether you call yourself a Lefty, or not, you mindset is still one of a Lefty! ;)

Last edited:
UF, I see cops all over Europe, armed to the teeth, and they still can't stop the terrorists. Why?

Because, like in the US, they arrive after the fact!

The best way for a civilian to stop a bad guy with a gun, is to have his own gun.

Yeah, the fable of the good guy with a gun. I still don't buy into that and I think no reasonable law enforcement officer would say that it is a great idea because an officer cannot differentiate a good guy with a gun from a bad guy with a gun (that in the first place) and also, to stop a trained terrorist you need serious training, not just do a lot of shooting.

Also, not a lot of terror attacks get stopped even in countries where a lot of people have guns. Terrorists do not advertise their attacks, they start shooting before you even know he is there, that is what terrorists do. And to say otherwise is just silly, the only way to prevent terrorist attacks is when there are trained soldiers on every street in every building and every person to get into any building or event has to go through several check points with metal detectors and armed police guarding the check points. And that is not a way to live in a society. If you like always carrying a gun fine, but do not try and make it into terror protection because that is not likely to happen.

Only in your mind. A person doesn't have to be a vigilante to stop a killer and prevent more bloodshed.
You may be good at your job, whatever that is, but you know absolutely NOTHING, about gun usage and tactics.
For that matter, you shouldn't even be talking about them on an open forum and embarrassing yourself.

As a well-paid working professional I don't actually need pocket change. I give it to folks like you begging on the subway.

Well, we don't know that you were a "Professional" gal....you should have mentioned it before. No wonder you can roam the streets unmolested. :2bow:

1. Gun Control leads to more gun control and more gun control and eventually to confiscation! Democrats don't have an ounce of logic in their pea brains.....no matter what the topic.

Gun control is people control....law abiding people control....not criminal control. Criminals laugh at attempts for gun control.

2. Immigrant Muslims now....that's who. The kind that are raping women en masse in Germany....that's who!
Weapons are not to stop violent thugs en masse from roaming the streets as a group theme, they are to protect an individual and their family on an individual, case by case, basis.

1. Gun control could lead to more gun control and you are right, if the supreme court decides that some military style weapons are not legal anymore than yes, it could lead to confiscation. But is that likely? No, there is the second amendment and it will protect gun right no matter what democrats would like to do.

2. that is your view, but you are very wrong to suggest there are masses of immigrant Muslims running around Europe raping women en masse everywhere. Yes, there was a horrendous incident in Germany and every incident is 1 too many but your wild generalizing is just not what the real situation is. Most Muslim immigrants will be very law abiding citizens, it is a small minority that start doing bad things and even a smaller minority that will do very very bad things. And having a gun is not a guarantee that you will be safe.

You make misassumptions Mickey. For one, I'm not a liberal.

Yes I am horrified that a 6 year old even thinks of firearms. By all means teach her to be wary of strangers, to be streetwise, teach her some form of self-defence like judo maybe? But at SIX she is learning to be TERRIFIED and learning how to potentially KILL someone. Sorry Mickey, but in any civilised society, that's sick.

Have a nice dinner. What are you making?

She is learning all of those things...my daughter sees to that.

However......................................she is not learning to be terrified....that's just nuts!

Or kill someone, just as nuts.

Guns are a fun sport, just like bowling, golf, judo, soccer, or anything else. They are an Olympic Sport, they are a worldwide sport. Starting a child young, makes them safe and competent, no matter what they take on.

Civilized society? Get Real. We saw what happens in a "civilized" society...in Paris, Nice, and many other places.

Civility in an uncivilized world is being able to stay out of harms way or defend yourself.....alone, w/o help! Nothing sick about it, only in the minds of neophytes, who can't possible comprehend. Years of brainwashing will do that to a person.

I taught all 5 of my children to shoot by age 6 or 7 and they are in their 30s and 40s now and still shoot well, and regularly, and have never had a gun accident.
I'm not an isolated individual in this respect. Thousands and possibly millions of gun owners, teach their kids to shoot.
I've talked to many who at 5 or 6 years of age, are out hunting rabbits, squirrels and the like with their .22 rifles. That's an exceedingly common practice in rural America.

Your knowledge is limited in this area....very, very limited!

Bad shots come in all nationalities, and you don't have a real left in the US.

She is learning all of those things...my daughter sees to that.

However......................................she is not learning to be terrified....that's just nuts!

Or kill someone, just as nuts.

Guns are a fun sport, just like bowling, golf, judo, soccer, or anything else. They are an Olympic Sport, they are a worldwide sport. Starting a child young, makes them safe and competent, no matter what they take on.

Civilized society? Get Real. We saw what happens in a "civilized" society...in Paris, Nice, and many other places.

Civility in an uncivilized world is being able to stay out of harms way or defend yourself.....alone, w/o help! Nothing sick about it, only in the minds of neophytes, who can't possible comprehend. Years of brainwashing will do that to a person.

I taught all 5 of my children to shoot by age 6 or 7 and they are in their 30s and 40s now and still shoot well, and regularly, and have never had a gun accident.
I'm not an isolated individual in this respect. Thousands and possibly millions of gun owners, teach their kids to shoot.
I've talked to many who at 5 or 6 years of age, are out hunting rabbits, squirrels and the like with their .22 rifles. That's an exceedingly common practice in rural America.

Your knowledge is limited in this area....very, very limited!

Go learn some developmental psychology and child mental health. I suggest you start with Piaget. That girl is being taught to be very very scared. And violent.

That could very well be your loss. I carry many, for defense.

You'd have less deaths with socialised medicine! Your unnecessary surgey rates for a start!

You do have apartheid in many US cities. Unlike the old South Africa, it's unwritten, unofficial and unacknowledged, but when an area is "black" or "latino" or "white" it's there.

Last edited:
I'm talking about all the raw video I saw of people filming the terrorists actions, instead of having them in their gun sights, they only had them in their camera lens........wholly ineffective, except to ID your killers!
There were multiple opportunities to kill the killers, with armed and trained citizens like we have in the US.
I'm sure you won't believe me when I tell you that many US civilians, thousands of civilians, are better shots than many police. I'd be willing to bet that TD or I could out shoot most of the French police.

Gun toting nutcases with no gun toting sane people to stop them.

Every mass school shooting that has occurred in the US, could have been stopped cold by an armed citizen or citizens.

Whether you call yourself a Lefty, or not, you mindset is still one of a Lefty! ;)

You don't understand the difference between single events and empirical evidence, seeing and issue on a micro or a macro level.

And you don't understand the difference between left wing and liberal.

Well, we don't know that you were a "Professional" gal....you should have mentioned it before. No wonder you can roam the streets unmolested. :2bow:

A man calls himself a professional and he doesn't get the same wisecrack. Congratulations Mickey, add misogyny to your list of talents.

Go learn some developmental psychology and child mental health. I suggest you start with Piaget. That girl is being taught to be very very scared. And violent.

Absolute Nonsense! My daughter was the same age when I taught her and she is very well adjusted.

I've successfully raised 5 children and IMO, most child psychologists are full of crap!

The kids around here....8 to 10 years old .......go hunting for small game after school or on weekends, by themselves. Been going on all over the world since firearms were invented.

You'd have less deaths with socialised medicine! Your unnecessary surgey rates for a start!

Bullcrap. Socialized medicine is bullcrap! There is a waiting list of Canadians who need surgery and can't get it there, so they come here.

You do have apartheid in many US cities. Unlike the old South Africa, it's unwritten, unofficial and unacknowledged, but when an area is "black" or "latino" or "white" it's there.

Well....if it's unofficial....then it don't count sister. ;)

Left, Right, Centrist, whatever you call yourself, I want nothing to do with your lifestyle or your politics.

Yeah, the fable of the good guy with a gun. I still don't buy into that and I think no reasonable law enforcement officer would say that it is a great idea because an officer cannot differentiate a good guy with a gun from a bad guy with a gun (that in the first place) and also, to stop a trained terrorist you need serious training, not just do a lot of shooting.

Also, not a lot of terror attacks get stopped even in countries where a lot of people have guns. Terrorists do not advertise their attacks, they start shooting before you even know he is there, that is what terrorists do. And to say otherwise is just silly, the only way to prevent terrorist attacks is when there are trained soldiers on every street in every building and every person to get into any building or event has to go through several check points with metal detectors and armed police guarding the check points. And that is not a way to live in a society. If you like always carrying a gun fine, but do not try and make it into terror protection because that is not likely to happen.

Fable my ass. It happens almost daily in the US, just ignored by the MSM. Many in law enforcement tell folks to buy a gun and have it ready, because police protection is an oxymoron. The Sheriff in Milwaukee was one of the latest to say it publicly.

Sure you can get shot by the police, that's why you don't get involved unless someone is threatening you or a third party that you care about. But, once again...police protection is an oxymoron and I don't know what your experience is, in most of my state, you can shoot bad guys to your heart's content and never see a cop. ;)

Terrorist are no harder to kill than any other criminal. To believe otherwise..... that is a a fable!

Last edited:

Or we are sane enough not to need guns.

Bad shots come in all nationalities,

Not if they are not allowed to have a gun, enjoy target shooting, and hunting.

Most people who hunt and depend on what they kill for food especially when I was younger are good shots. My first gun was a single shot bolt action 22LR I inherited from my dads younger brother. It was the gun they all used for hunting small game for supper. By the age of 14 I was easily hitting a penny at 100' and a can thrown into the air. Yet I had no chance of beating any of them when they starting competing. They all had 20/20 vision and could hit things I couldn't even see with my glasses. It was only the scope that leveled the playing field when I got older. Of course a scope is useless when a golf ball is tossed into the air.

and you don't have a real left in the US.

Not as far left as Europe. That is why we still have the right to bear arms. But they are working at taking away our rights slowly bu surely. It sad they have lost the responsibility to safely handle a gun and must have them taken away and restricted.

Or we are sane enough not to need guns.

If you were sane and responsible enough to not need or have guns you would not need laws keeping people from having them. The only reason to make laws is because the people are not responsible or sane enough to do it on their own.

If you were sane and responsible enough to not need or have guns you would not need laws keeping people from having them. The only reason to make laws is because the people are not responsible or sane enough to do it on their own.
All the shootings and gun crime in the USA are committed by sane people. Got it.

Back
Top Bottom