• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Muslim machete rampage on belgium cops

It is also legal in Sweden. I never claimed superiority, just said Europe is ****ed up.

None of which disputes my description of your approach to the subject.

None of which disputes my description of your approach to the subject.

Did I offend you? Get over it. Europe sets the example for no one in my book. I see economic failures, out of control immigration, and welfare states. Plus politicians doubling down on complete failures like multiculture making the citizens of host countries the bad guys.

Did I offend you? Get over it. Europe sets the example for no one in my book. I see economic failures, out of control immigration, and welfare states. Plus politicians doubling down on complete failures like multiculture making the citizens of host countries the bad guys.

Just like the USA but without the mass shootings.

Just like the USA but without the mass shootings.
What is puzzling (well, not really) is how he "sees" Europe. I mean how do you see something when you don't even know where to look, let alone are devoid of any personal encounter (such as having visited the object of appraisal).

What is puzzling (well, not really) is how he "sees" Europe. I mean how do you see something when you don't even know where to look, let alone are devoid of any personal encounter (such as having visited the object of appraisal).

Then why is your opinion of what the UK valid? Do you commute. Blowing hot air is bad for the enviroment. You should stop.

And you always complain about me quoting your posts when you deride me every chance you get. I have told you how to fix me quoting you. That would be to stop posting.

Last edited:
Then why is your opinion of what the UK valid? Do you commute. Blowing hot air is bad for the enviroment. You should stop.

When I see some of the more fanciful descriptions of Europe here it does make me chuckle. They never have anything to do with where I live. I suppose some people would like to go back to the good old days when we had a world war every 30 years.

When I see some of the more fanciful descriptions of Europe here it does make me chuckle. They never have anything to do with where I live. I suppose some people would like to go back to the good old days when we had a world war every 30 years.

Now you prefer death by cultural suicide.

It works for us, those welfare states look after our weakest rather than throw them out to fend for themselves and the few states that allow incest are still no match for how many states you have it in.

Interesting also the concept that Europeans stay in one place. Like in not travelling around the continent (outside of "in combat gear" :lol:).

The suspicion lurks that his own experience (or, rather, lack thereof) shines through here. Which would somewhat explain the utter ignorance displayed.

Not for long.

You wouldn't say that if you lived here. I have friends in Seattle who tell me that the USA is on the verge of collapse. I think that they are exaggerating, just like you.

You wouldn't say that if you lived here. I have friends in Seattle who tell me that the USA is on the verge of collapse. I think that they are exaggerating, just like you.

That would depend if I was unfortunate to live near a no go zone,i.e. Islamic ghetto. Are you anywhere near one of those? And do not tell me they do not exist.

But you didn't learn anything about gun owners and our laws..

And you didn't learn anything about European muslims.
Ohhhh, so they do have Black ghettos there?.

You do understand that in the English language the neither........nor structure is negative?
You know, some people get through their entire lives w/o a violent confrontation, and that's great for them. At the same time, those people have no clue, or don't seem to care, how vulnerable they really are. Some more so than others.
Many finally get it and seek out me, or others, for training. The point I'm making is that folks can defend themselves if allowed to do so and don't have to depend on a government entity for that. IMO, they are the smarter ones.
When seconds count, the police are only minutes or several minutes....away. In parts of rural America....an hour or more.

OK Mickey; adult conversation time - all the sniping aside, this is where we fundamentally differ:

You talk about people being trained and if people are going to have guns at all then yes, I prefer that to them just buying a gun and going off to do as they please. Is the training mandatory? A national qualification? Updated every how often? How are trainers trained and how often are they audited? Are they controlled by a national regulating body? By whose standards? Mickey, I couldn't practise my profession without all of the above criteria, so I'd like to think somebody carrying a gun faced even stricter controls.

I prefer that everyday people don't have guns. As I said above, even the best people go bad, get drunk, have days of bad judgement, develop mental health issues etc. Your country has seen so many unnecessary gun related deaths with the school shootings, massacres etc. that I can't believe the gun lobby doesn't wake up and smell the coffee. Every time it's "oh it's one bad apple" but there are so many bad apples this orchard ain't fecking worth it! There have even been cases of children accidentally finding the house gun shooting. Why would you want one in your house? With children??

I understand your cities are very violent Mickey. It struck me as really strange when in well lit, downtown Chicago locals were telling me to get a taxi to our hotel and not walk the 10 minutes or so because it was late and you'd never know. Put me in central London, central Paris or central Madrid at night and I don't dream of taking a taxi for a ten minute walk. Maybe there's a lot of paranoia in US cities that are safer than we imagine, but guns surely only feed that? And if the cities are that dangerous, guns surely only add to that? I don't trust the average Joe to handle a gun, period. I spent a large part of my life in the UK where even police on the streets aren't armed and I feel/felt safe enough in the UK. That a society thinks it needs common gun ownership is to me, tragic. Having safely lived 52 years in three different countries without guns, they're not in my culture and I'm pleased about that.

It strkes me as odd that you're claiming the rural US has such little crime, yet with the police up to an hour away a gun is essential?

Mickey darling, I know you think Europe is full of muslim terrorists on every corner waiting to behead me, but that really isn't how it is. The biggest muslim terror I face is my man's socks dumped on the bedroom floor. I really don't feel I need a gun to feel safe in my day to day life in France. You feel you need one in the US; to me that's actually very sad babes.

That would depend if I was unfortunate to live near a no go zone,i.e. Islamic ghetto. Are you anywhere near one of those? And do not tell me they do not exist.

I used to live and work in one. It was not a no-go zone. I don't know where you get your information from. You live in fear, that can't be nice.

And you didn't learn anything about European muslims.

You do understand that in the English language the neither........nor structure is negative?

OK Mickey; adult conversation time - all the sniping aside, this is where we fundamentally differ:

You talk about people being trained and if people are going to have guns at all then yes, I prefer that to them just buying a gun and going off to do as they please. Is the training mandatory? A national qualification? Updated every how often? How are trainers trained and how often are they audited? Are they controlled by a national regulating body? By whose standards? Mickey, I couldn't practise my profession without all of the above criteria, so I'd like to think somebody carrying a gun faced even stricter controls.

I prefer that everyday people don't have guns. As I said above, even the best people go bad, get drunk, have days of bad judgement, develop mental health issues etc. Your country has seen so many unnecessary gun related deaths with the school shootings, massacres etc. that I can't believe the gun lobby doesn't wake up and smell the coffee. Every time it's "oh it's one bad apple" but there are so many bad apples this orchard ain't fecking worth it! There have even been cases of children accidentally finding the house gun shooting. Why would you want one in your house? With children??

I understand your cities are very violent Mickey. It struck me as really strange when in well lit, downtown Chicago locals were telling me to get a taxi to our hotel and not walk the 10 minutes or so because it was late and you'd never know. Put me in central London, central Paris or central Madrid at night and I don't dream of taking a taxi for a ten minute walk. Maybe there's a lot of paranoia in US cities that are safer than we imagine, but guns surely only feed that? And if the cities are that dangerous, guns surely only add to that? I don't trust the average Joe to handle a gun, period. I spent a large part of my life in the UK where even police on the streets aren't armed and I feel/felt safe enough in the UK. That a society thinks it needs common gun ownership is to me, tragic. Having safely lived 52 years in three different countries without guns, they're not in my culture and I'm pleased about that.

It strkes me as odd that you're claiming the rural US has such little crime, yet with the police up to an hour away a gun is essential?

Mickey darling, I know you think Europe is full of muslim terrorists on every corner waiting to behead me, but that really isn't how it is. The biggest muslim terror I face is my man's socks dumped on the bedroom floor. I really don't feel I need a gun to feel safe in my day to day life in France. You feel you need one in the US; to me that's actually very sad babes.

You can walk safely around Antwerp at any time , no need to carry a gun.

You know, some people get through their entire lives w/o a violent confrontation, and that's great for them. At the same time, those people have no clue, or don't seem to care, how vulnerable they really are. Some more so than others.
Many finally get it and seek out me, or others, for training. The point I'm making is that folks can defend themselves if allowed to do so and don't have to depend on a government entity for that. IMO, they are the smarter ones.
When seconds count, the police are only minutes or several minutes....away. In parts of rural America....an hour or more.

No reply Mickey? Yet you've been on line today starting similar hate-filled threads. Why have you run away? Are the questions above too difficult for you to respond to?

You know, I had thought that just maybe you and I were getting around to having a meaningful, constructive debate, but maybe that was expecting too much.

No reply Mickey? Yet you've been on line today starting similar hate-filled threads. Why have you run away? Are the questions above too difficult for you to respond to?

You know, I had thought that just maybe you and I were getting around to having a meaningful, constructive debate, but maybe that was expecting too much.

Geesh UF, I'm doing my best, but the phone keeps ringing and I have to go off and do a job and return.

A man slashed a policewoman's face with a machete and shouted 'Allahu Akbar' before her fellow officer gunned him down in a chilling 'terror' attack.

The attacker reportedly walked up to two policewomen at the entrance of the police station in the Belgian city of Charleroi just before 4pm, pulled a machete from his bag and hacked at the officer.

After slamming the machete into the face of one officer, he then turned to another and began swinging the massive blade at her.
A third officer gunned the man down

Belgium police machete attack: Knifeman shouting 'Allahu Akbar' attacks two female officers outside station - Mirror Online

Question: What does an unarmed civilian do in Europe?

Answer: Most likely, become a victim.

Question: Why are men so violent?

UF, the demographics in the USA are far, far different than in Europe.

First off, we have a terrific Constitution and Bill of Rights that makes us equal to government....not subservient to them.

I submit that you have been exceedingly lucky and dangerous situations are far more prevalent in Europe than you realize or will admit.
Women in the US have parallel opinions to yours. They "feel" safe, they "don't" need a gun. Nothing ever happens here where they are at. Until it does.

I'm sure all the victims in Nice, Paris and Brussels thought the same as you....until they got dead or seriously injured. ;)

Most everyone I talked to in Oregon after the horrific UCC shooting, said the same thing......"Nothing ever happens here"

or..."Who needs a gun around here?"

If you look at the loss of life from mass shootings in the US, they pale in comparison, to the negligence by doctors and hospitals, leading to death. Or traffic fatalities, or drownings, or poisons accessed by children.
Licensed doctors still kill people. Licensed drivers keep killing people. And...Professionals....kill people.

All the states have different requirements as to gun ownership. Some are more stringent than others. Owning a gun and being proficient with it, is not rocket science and requires less skill than driving a motor vehicle. And yet.....we have countless drunk driving offenses here and now even more problems with the stupid legalization of marijuana. By licensed drivers no less! Go figure.

7 states have no restrictions at all, on carrying of a concealed weapon, as long as you are a resident of that state. That's Freedom UF....Freedom to do as we damn please within the law.
I still maintain..........................from all the videos that I saw in Paris and Nice...............that armed citizens could have saved their lives and the lives of so many others. They had ample opportunity to take out terrorists, but could not because of idiotic... no gun laws! A Gun Free Zone is a Killing Zone!

Last edited:
One more thing UF, children with guns in the home are many. The ones who have an accidental shooting are those who have not been trained in gun safety, like any other safety training!!! Or.............the responsible adults leave their guns accessible to the very young children, below the age of reason.

Kids get killed playing in the street or by poisoning, far more than any gun related incidents.

We teach our children about all kinds of other things, why not gun safety. When I was young, there were many programs taught in the schools on gun safety and marksmanship, under experienced supervision.. Kids participated in the shooting sports like any other sport. The girl in my avatar started very young and has won Gold in Brazil.

Only liberal idiots, who are too skeeered of guns themselves(irrational fear), want guns removed from the schools.

We still have laws in Oregon and many other states, that sanction safety and marksmanship training in schools.

I just took my 6 year old granddaughter out yesterday for her first handgun lesson. She has never fired before, but she is very bright with a can do attitude and paid close attention to what I taught her.

She can now load and unload the gun safely, handle it safely, and she hit 36 out of 38 shots on a target at distance of 7 yards.(6.4 meters)

UF, the demographics in the USA are far, far different than in Europe.

Yes, we know. You have unspoken apartheid in many of your cities. Your country was built on immigration, yet some of you want to turn your back on that fine tradition.
First off, we have a terrific Constitution and Bill of Rights that makes us equal to government....not subservient to them.

You are as subservient to your government as we are to ours in that we all have to respect the laws of the land. We both elect our representatives, so I don't really get your point.

I submit that you have been exceedingly lucky and dangerous situations are far more prevalent in Europe than you realize or will admit.

I beg to differ. I've never been in a European city where I've been told, "Don't go there it's black, don't go there it's latino" etc. as I have in the States. It is also only in the US where I have ever felt that being a white woman out with a black man might be a dangerous situation, where it got me vitriolic abuse from total strangers. Please provide evidence for your asertion "dangerous situations are far more prevalent in Europe" I am not claiming Europe is a crime-free zone, as you claim the rural USA is (a claim which I doubt), but would love to see evidence of your claims.

For example Mickey, the US ranks 91st in world muder rates whilst the UK ranks 176th, Belgium 193rd, France 194th, Germany 195th, Luxembourg 197th, The Netherlands 199th, Swtzerland 200th and so on. Even lawless Albania with it's mafia problems and tribal feuding only comes in at 177th. (Source: United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime).

Please Mickey, cite us some empirical evidence, not shock horror news reports often from tabloid sources, which present rare horrific events as every European's everyday experience. Given that you rely on such sources, I would suggest that your view is somewhat distorted.

Women in the US have parallel opinions to yours. They "feel" safe, they "don't" need a gun. Nothing ever happens here where they are at. Until it does.

I'm not sure many Europeans think that "Nothing ever happens here" as that's somewhat naïve, like your belief that rural USA is virtually crime free. But look at the stats above, plus the fact we mostly get along fine without guns.

I'm sure all the victims in Nice, Paris and Brussels thought the same as you....until they got dead or seriously injured. ;)

I'm not sure dead people can still think. I don't see mass demands for gun ownership in the light of these atrocities, quite the contrary.

Most everyone I talked to in Oregon after the horrific UCC shooting, said the same thing......"Nothing ever happens here"

or..."Who needs a gun around here?"

If you look at the loss of life from mass shootings in the US, they pale in comparison, to the negligence by doctors and hospitals, leading to death. Or traffic fatalities, or drownings, or poisons accessed by children.
Licensed doctors still kill people. Licensed drivers keep killing people. And...Professionals....kill people.

That Mickey is a wild claim. Please prove it with figures. Very few doctors "kill" people, but mistakes do happen as error is human. All the more reason NOT to allow gun ownership.
All the states have different requirements as to gun ownership. Some are more stringent than others. Owning a gun and being proficient with it, is not rocket science and requires less skill than driving a motor vehicle. And yet.....we have countless drunk driving offenses here and now even more problems with the stupid legalization of marijuana. By licensed drivers no less! Go figure.

I would advocate the kinds of stringent drink/driving regulations and penalties that they implement in Sweden, with great success. However you are comparing apples with oranges. The main use of a car is to get you from A to B. The main use of a gun is to maim or kill.

7 states have no restrictions at all, on carrying of a concealed weapon, as long as you are a resident of that state. That's Freedom UF....Freedom to do as we damn please within the law.

Freedom to get killed by a gun-toting maniac.
Would you advocate anarchy in the name of "freedom"?
My freedom comes with responsibilities, and one of those is that I don't carry an offensive weapon.

Last edited:
I still maintain..........................from all the videos that I saw in Paris and Nice...............that armed citizens could have saved their lives and the lives of so many others. They had ample opportunity to take out terrorists, but could not because of idiotic... no gun laws! A Gun Free Zone is a Killing Zone!

Again, populist sources that don't give a balanced view on a macro-level. Seek out some empirical evidence Mickey, not some You Tube video.

One more thing UF, children with guns in the home are many. The ones who have an accidental shooting are those who have not been trained in gun safety, like any other safety training!!! Or.............the responsible adults leave their guns accessible to the very young children, below the age of reason.

Kids get killed playing in the street or by poisoning, far more than any gun related incidents.

We teach our children about all kinds of other things, why not gun safety. When I was young, there were many programs taught in the schools on gun safety and marksmanship, under experienced supervision.. Kids participated in the shooting sports like any other sport. The girl in my avatar started very young and has won Gold in Brazil.

Only liberal idiots, who are too skeeered of guns themselves(irrational fear), want guns removed from the schools.

We still have laws in Oregon and many other states, that sanction safety and marksmanship training in schools.

I just took my 6 year old granddaughter out yesterday for her first handgun lesson. She has never fired before, but she is very bright with a can do attitude and paid close attention to what I taught her.

She can now load and unload the gun safely, handle it safely, and she hit 36 out of 38 shots on a target at distance of 7 yards.(6.4 meters)

I am horrified that your 6 year old granddaughter has handled a gun. At 6 I was playing with dolls.

this is the future democrats envision for america. a culture of failure and victimhood where violent thugs roam the streets with impunity.

Back
Top Bottom